Phone Time

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“Fine. I’ll give you an offer.” She finally says. JunHoe looks at her curiously. “Your phone is active, right? I’ll call you once I got home, okay?”

“No.”

“What do you want then?” She crossed her arms in front of her chest, looking back at the guy annoyingly. “Talk to me on the way to your place.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Don’t worry, I’ll call you first. That way I will be sure you are okay on the way there.”

EunAe nods her head in agreement. “Call. Now let me go home, okay?” She was about to turn her body towards the door, when JunHoe grabs her waist and pulls her into a back hug.

“Take care.”

 


 

CHAPTER 21 -- PHONE TIME

 

Author's POV

EunAe was flabbergasted.

This is not the first time JunHoe hugs her, but sometimes she never expected it would happen. “Okay Junnie. Now let me go before I miss my bus.” She tried to release his grip, but it only gets tighter. She can feel JunHoe shaking his head behind her. “Call me Oppa first!”

She chuckled lightly, and then turns her body facing the guy. “Junnie Oppa, can I please go home now?” Her actions made JunHoe blushed. He lets her go and cough, trying to shake the fluttering feelings away.

“Call me in 15 minutes okay? Annyeong~”

 


  

JunHoe’s POV

I went straight inside my room, grabbing my phone. Hyung-deul are all still watching TV. I still had 5 minutes left, but I really want to call her right now.

How can this girl made me feel this way? I ended up lying on the top of the bunk bed, waiting for the 5 minute to pass.

Aisssh~ Whatever. I’ll just call her right now.

First ring. She didn’t pick up yet. Second one. She haven’t pick up. Third ring…

“Yeoboseyo?” I heard her voice across the line. “JunHoe-ya, there is still two minutes left~” I can hear her chuckle from here.

“I know. I just really want to call you.”

“Pssh~ Are you being mushy right now?”

“A—Ani!” She chuckles again. Her voice sounds so angelic… Or is it just me?

“Where are you right now?” I turn my body, so I am lying on my tummy now. “Hm? I’m waiting for the bus.”

“Alone?”

“No. There is a guy here.”

“WHAT? How does he look like? Is he dangerous? Be careful of that guy. He might be a .” I heard her chuckles again. “He is about JinHwan-hyung’s age, I think? Don’t worry. I’ll kick him really hard if he tries to do something.”

I heard the bus’ horn indicating that it’s getting closer.

“The bus is here~” She said. It’s silent for a while; none of us are saying anything.

“EunAe-ya.”

“Hm?”

“Why do you like hyung?” I don’t know why I ask this, but a part of me wanted to know. It is a wrong thing to do, right? Her answer is just going to hurt me more.

“EunAe? Are you still there?” I asked when I didn’t hear her saying anything back.

“Ae?”

“Eo—Eo? Yeah I’m still here.”

“Why aren’t you answering then?” She went silent again for a while, then I heard her sighed. “Are you sure you want to hear this, JunHoe?” I nod my head, only to realize she cannot see me. “Yes.” I continue.

“I… I don’t know.”

She doesn’t know? What does she mean she doesn’t know? Aren’t there usually reasons why you like someone?

“What do you mean you don’t know? Why do you like hyung then?” She went silent again. I heard her took a deep breath before I hear her answers, “Because he is Kim HanBin.”

 

I can feel something just went through my heart.

 

I shouldn’t have asked from the start. Stupid JunHoe. Of course she would love him sincerely, without any reasons at all. She will love him just him being him. She will love even without asking for anything in return.

While you… Why do you like her?

As if she could read my mind, she asks in return, “Why do you like me, JunHoe?”

There she goes.

Now I don’t know how to answer back. I took a deep breath before answering, “I think it started when DongHyuk dragged me and the guys to watch your game.”

“Eeeh? What game—Oh! High school? When there is a TaeKwonDo championship?”

I turn my body for the second time, lying on my back again while looking at the ceiling. “Yeah~ You seemed really hardworking and passionate about it. Even when you hurt your feet, you still continue the game.” My mind travels a few years back, the day of the championship. EunAe’s opponent was cheating that time. She was tackling her feet, but make it looked like it was all an accident. The judged decreased her score, of course, but EunAe’s right foot was already hurt because of falling to hard. She even cannot really walk for a few days, but she still continued the game back then.

“It was a team match, JunHoe. I need to win in order for our team to win. I don’t want to ruin the other’s hard work.” Her answer just made me admires her more. Her determination in winning the game reminds me a lot of our leader. They will make a good couple, aren’t they?

Even though I didn’t show it much, but I care for HanBin-hyung, too. He strive the most from the six of us. Even though he said he didn’t regret a single thing and he seemed cool even after we lost to WINNER hyung-deul, I know he’s crying somewhere thinking about us. Because he knew from the start, it is not just about him. He put his life on the line. He put the five others on the line.

“JunHoe-ya.” EunAe’s voice wakens me from my trail of thoughts.

“Eung?”

“Thank you. For taking care of me. No. Thank you, for everything. I should not even talk about B.I when you are around… It will hurt you more. Sorry.” Her voice sounds so sincere. I can imagine her smiling sadly while saying all of this.

“Thank you too. For letting me take care of you. And for letting me hug you whenever I want.” She chuckles. “That’s because I am nice enough not to kick you guys for doing too much skinship. Really, you need to tell Bobby to find another addiction. I think he is addicted to calling me ‘Baby’ and acting all mushy and stuff. I am not your part time girlfriend, you know?” Then it is my turn to chuckle.

“Are you still far from home?”

“Yeah. I don’t know why but it feels like the bus is riding really slow.”

I liked it. I liked it that the bus is running slow right now. I even wished that the time will stop this instant. Because I don’t want to stop talking to you.

“Yah! JunHoe! Why are you suddenly quiet?” I heard her from across the line. A smile tugs on my lips, “So you miss my noisiness?”

“Not at all. It’s a good thing that you guys are suddenly quiet. I think I am going to have a migraine if this thing keeps up.” She chuckles. Gosh~ Even imagining her smile makes me squeal inside. Do I sound girly? Yeah, I do. But I don’t care.

“EunAe-ya.” I even lost count on how much I have called her name like this.

“Eung?”

“What do girls talk about when they are talking about their crush?” I heard her giggle a bit, but then answered, “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“Well, I never really talk things about that with anyone.” I think she actually means, ‘I never talk about my crush HanBin to anyone.’

“You know what I mean right, Junnie?” EunAe continues, “If I started talking about it, my friends will ask me things about him. Where does he go to school, where do I know him, why do I like him, and what is he like. Maybe they will even ask for a picture of him. I can’t do that. So I never really talk about it to my friends.” She sighed.

“So that is what you girls talk about!” I added, trying to bring the mood back up. She giggles. It works. “Yeah~ Pretty much. Usually my friends would brag about how they spent their weekend going on dates with their boyfriends, how they go to amusement parks, movies, and other things.”

“You… are not jealous?”

“Jealous? To them? Naaah~ They will envy me more if they found out I am neighbors with DongHyuk, moreover being his best friend over years. They will envy me much much more if they know I hang around Six YG’s Hottest Boys.”

I laugh. She got a point. “Are you alone in the bus?” I asked. “No. There is the guy from earlier.” I gasp exaggeratedly. “He must be the ! EunAe! Watch out! You have the police’s number in your speed dial right?”

I got no respond, so I got more worried. “Ae?”

The next thing I heard is the sound of her laugh, not only giggling, but really laughing. Am I stating something funny? This is serious!

“JunHoe! It’s nothing like that, okay? I know it when people are trying to do bad things. I am trained. Don’t worry.” She chuckles a bit, before continues, “I don’t have the police’s number though.”

“WHAT?”

“I said I don’t have it. My speed dials contacts are Mom, Dad, WooJin, and DongHyuk. That’s it.”

DongHyuk? She had DongHyuk’s number on her speed dial?

“Can’t you add me on your speed dial?”

“Your number?”

“Yeah! Wait… Just curious, what did you save my name as in your phone book?” I asked, really curious. I know it might sound silly, but actually I cared about it.

“Huh? Just ‘June’.” She answered simply. Just ‘June’? Nothing more?

“You didn’t add something weird to my name, didn’t you?” She asked in return. “N—No!” Why do you stutter, JunHoe? Why?

“Ooohh~ Really?”

“Yup! Nothing weird.”

“Really?”

I sigh.

“Fine. You got me. I didn’t save your name as ‘EunAe’.”

“Huh? What then?”

“Promise me you won’t laugh.”

“Promise.”

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

 

“Costumer Service.”

 

Everything is silence again.

“Ae?”

“Pffftt~ Hahahahahah. Custome—Hahahahahahah.”

“EunAe! You promised not to laugh!”

“Sorry, it’s just –Pffft. Hahahahahah. Sorry, I can’t help it.” I can completely imagine her talking deep breath while fanning her face with her palms to stifle her laugh.

“I thought you would save it as something else.”

“Naah~ 'Customer Service' is good.”

“Why ‘Customer Service’ though?”

I shift my body, now sitting with my legs crossed. “Umm. You know that I hate it when people asked this and that too much?” “Uh-huh.” “Well, actually Mom likes to check my phone sometimes. She said she did it out of boredom, but I know she wanted to check if there are any possibilities of future-daugther-in-law or not.” She laughs again. How many times did she laugh today? Well, it’s a good thing I made her laugh a lot, right?

“So… Yeah. I changed yours to ‘Customer Service’.”

We continued talking until she reaches her building. I don’t even realize it is reaching midnight soon. “My stop is next. You can hang up now, JunHoe.”

“Nooo~ I still want to talk.”

“Don’t you guys supposed to be sleeping right now? What are the others doing right now?”

“I’m too lazy to move around~” I answered, rolling on the bed. “I think YunHyeong-hyung and Bobby-hyung is watching TV. B.I-hyung… I don’t know? Reflecting on his single life?” She answered back, “Yah! How can you be that mean? You should reflect on your single life too!”

Yeah. Maybe I should. I should reflect on why I suddenly like you again after all these years, when it seems only adoration at first, it grows more than that as the time flies. I don’t know sometimes if this feeling existed because I am attracted to you or just because I enjoy your company and I’ve missed you over these two years. But for sure, I know that I do like you. I like you a lot, Ae.

“I am already inside my place. You can hang up now.” She said once I heard the front door beeped. “Noo~ I still want to talk.” I whined.

“Junnie, you need to rest.”

I whined again. “Nooo~ I need you.”

“Oh my gosh. I hate you guys for being so mushy. Are you trying to copy Bobby?” Then I chuckle. I can completely imagine her cringed in annoyance. “Of course I won’t copy that cheesy-bunny!”

“Good. Now sleep. I need to do some stuff first.”

“But you also need to rest.”

“I promise I’ll sleep as soon as I finish my work, okay?” I sighed. EunAe can be really persistent sometimes.

“But—”

“Goo JunHoe.” I stop my sentence. She rarely calls my full name like that. Her tone sounded firm, like how Mom sounds when she was about to scold me. I laugh mentally imagining because of the similarity.

“Fine. I’ll sleep. In fact, I will sleep right this instant.”

“Good. I’ll hang up right now.”

“Wa—Wait!”

“What else?”

“Good Night.”

“Ngg. Jalja~”

 


 

Author's Note:

GUYYYSSS!

I can't help myself from not updating for you~ Kkk.

Well, actually, exam ended. I did well in this one. *I am indeed, amazing*

I only have Korean tomorrow, soooo... This happens! Kkk.

Bobby and B.I are featured on 'High Cut'. Whooo~ They look cool there~ Also, Bobby and Masta Wu will be up for the next YG Unit Project. Kkk~ I think it will be fun!

I have these ideas running inside my head for fanfictions. Kkk. I sometimes work on the ending part first then going back up to the middle. Soo many ideas I'm afraid I will forgot about it if I don't write it immediately. Kkk.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you JunAe shippers! ^.^

 

 

Our June back in WIN Days. Isn't he adorkable? Kkk~