Guys, Meet YuMi

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“I promise I’ll sleep as soon as I finish my work, okay?” I sighed. EunAe can be really persistent sometimes.

“But—”

“Goo JunHoe.” I stop my sentence. She rarely calls my full name like that. Her tone sounded firm, like how Mom sounds when she was about to scold me. I laugh mentally imagining because of the similarity.

“Fine. I’ll sleep. In fact, I will sleep right this instant.”

“Good. I’ll hang up right now.”

“Wa—Wait!”

“What else?”

“Good Night.”

“Ngg. Jalja~”

 


 

CHAPTER 22 -- GUYS, MEET YUMI

 

Author’s POV

The next morning goes by quickly. EunAe dropping by the boys’ place to make them breakfast, and then followed by accompanying them to their schedules. They are all inside the practice room, brainstorming for their performance in Inkigayo. So EunAe decided that she will just leave them to do their things.

She was sitting on one of the benches inside the cafeteria when her phone started to buzz.

“Yeoboseyo? Eonni?” She picked it up immediately when the screen shows the caller’s name. YuMi.

“Ya Maknae! I have done everything!”

“By everything you mean…” She frowned. “Everything. I have finished modificating the tracker you gave me; I just need to install it to the respective phones. I also have read your email last night and did some research. There are too much sasaeng with those criteria so we need to shorten up the list more.”

EunAe can’t believe what she just heard. YuMi-eonni is indeed the best. “Eonni! Are you serious right now? Oh my God. Oh my—” “I know I am awesome.” The younger can completely imagine her older friend smirking while boasting about herself.

“Aigoo~ YuMi-Eonni, saranghae!” She exclaimed happily. “Yeah, yeah. I love you too, maknae. Now you need to tell me details about why I am searching stuffs about sasaeng and trackers.” EunAe only smile from across the line, she got up from her seat, heading out.

“I’ll do that later. Are you free today?”

“What? Are you asking me for a date? I thought you like guys.”

“Eonni! I do.”

“Ah! Mian. I forgot about your long-time-crush.” EunAe face-palmed herself; taking mental notes to choke her Eonni later on.

“I am going to your place okay? Be there in 30.”

 


 

EunAe’s POV

YuMi-eonni’s apartment is near the boys’ dorm. It was only a few blocks away. I quickly rang on her front door bell.

“EunAe!” She hugged once she opens the door. “It’s been a really long time since I got here.” I sit myself on the couch. Except for the new wallpaper, nothing really changes around here. I stroll around the place, ending my tour, I went inside her room.

“You… Like them?” I asked, pointing at a space on the wall, beside her book shelf. “Who? Ooh! Of course! Who wouldn’t! I thought you like them too since we watched WIN together.” She said, looking at a huge poster of the boys on her wall. I never knew Eonni liked them, too.  I mean, sure, she said things like how cool they were and how smooth their dance moves is, but she never told me she is also a fan of them.

“Which one is your favorite member?” Eonni asked. I was about to answer JunHoe again, but remembered my promise to B.I. ‘I’ll still be your fan until you tell me to stop being one’. “It’s the Leader.” I answered, smiling.

“I like JinHwan-Oppa.” I snap my head to look at her; her expression looks so bright, her eyes seems like it sparkle more. And what is it with ‘Oppa’? “Eonni~” I whined. “Wae? He is soo cute I just want to pinch his cheeks and squish him alive!” She clasped her palms together, looking over-joyed.

“Whatever. Just quickly dress up.” I commanded. “Dress up?” “Yeah. Wear a pretty dress or something. Wear something decent. Like you are going to meet someone you have been crushing on.” I push her slightly to the bathroom.

Eonni has always been a feminim girl. At least that’s what I thought. She wear dresses more, do her make up and hair more. She is not a whiny one, though. She came out from the bathroom in about twenty minutes later wearing a white dress and a black jacket to top it off.

“Is this okay?” I give her a thumb up. We quickly got out from her building and took a cab back to YG Entertainment Building. Of course Eonni didn’t know where we are going. She will absolutely freak out if she knows.

“Eonni, everything I am about to tell you is real, okay? Do not freak out.” I said when we are just about a block away. “O… Kay? What do you mean? You are getting more suspicious than ever.” She rolled her eyes. The cab halted in front of the building, I pay for the fare and quickly get out of the car.

“Where exactly are we?” YuMi-Eonni asked. She is just oblivious, isn’t she?

“Wait… Wait… This… THIS IS YG!” She gasps. “Eonni! Don’t be so loud!” I shushed her when I see the guards looking at us weirdly. I quickly show him my ID card and get inside with her.

“They just let you in? Who are you exactly? Are you perhaps… YG’s Daugther? Wait… No. I’ve met your Dad before. Pffft. Silly me.” She continues rambling about nonsense stuffs. This Eonni is seriously funny.

“YuMi-eonni, listen carefully, okay?” We are now in one of the halls that lead to the boys’ practice room. I took a deep breath before continuing,

“I work as a personal bodyguard.”

Silent.

No reaction at all.

“Pffftt. Hahahahahahahah. Good one, Maknae! But too bad, this isn’t April so you can’t fool me that easily!” Eonni laughs her off, one hand holding her stomach and the other holding the wall for support. “I am not kidding.” My stern voice silenced her right away. “You mean… You are not kidding?” I shake my head. “Nope.” “You really are a bodyguard?” “Yup.”

“Who?” She asked, her voice sounds almost like a whisper. Maybe she was afraid there will be someone who eaves drop?

“It’s—” I was about to answer when the practice door opens, Bobby popped out of the room. He grins like a stupid kid once he saw me. “Hey Baby~” He cooed.

“Bobby, stop calling me that!” I hissed. “I don’t care~” He stuck his tongue out. I would like to argue some more with him; but I remembered that YuMi-eonni is here. “Ah! Right! This is YuMi-eonni. Eonni, this is Kimbab.” I smile watching Eonni’s awkward gestures. She bows awkwardly, and even stutters. This is so unlike her.

“Yu… YuMi-imnida.” She says. “Bobby. It’s Bobby-Oppa for you~” He winks. I wanted to smack his head but I held it in. “She is born in April ‘95. You two are friends, stupid.” His face is blank for a while, but continues anyways, “Well, doesn’t mean she cannot call me Oppa.” Bobby smiles widely; his eyes disappeared.

“Aren’t you out here for something, Bobby?” I asked. Once this kid met a girl, he will forget about things and act flirty. Like what just happened. “Oh! I am on my way to the toilet. How can I forget that?” He then quickly rushes pass us, but not forgetting to turn around and yelled, “YuMi-ya, let’s be good friends!”

YuMi-eonni only nods, waving her hand to Bobby awkwardly.

“EunAe…”

“Yeah?”

“Tell me I am dreaming.”

“You are not dreaming.”

“That is really Bobby?”

“Yup.”

“But… It means that…” I nod my head eagerly. I pull her wrist lightly, heading inside the room.

“ANDWAE!” She hissed. “Why not?” “There’s… JinHwan-Oppa is there! I can not go in…” She looks at the ground. Aigoo~ She acts as if she really is crushing on JinHwan-hyung since forever. I am not even like this with B.I. Well, not in front of other people at least. They wouldn’t know how much I actually spazz inside right? Like every time I glance at him, even when he is not doing anything, I feel happy. Like there is this kind of warm feeling rushing through my veins that made me wanted to—Oh my… Am I spazzing again? I need to stop it. Focus EunAe! Focus!

“It’s okay, Eonni. They are all nice. JinHwan-hyung is the nicest.” I am turning the door knob but she held my hand. “Really? Will it be okay if I go in with you?” I nod. “Eonni! I told you to dress up for a purpose, okay? Jin-hyung likes girls in dress.”

YuMi-eonni’s eyes suddenly sparkle, a smile forming on her lips. “Good. Smile like that and everyone will swoon over you.” I chuckle. We both enter the practice room, with YuMi-eonni trailing behind me like a lost kid. She was agape for a while. I know that feeling; practice rooms in YG are indeed fancy.

“Eo? EunAe!” DongHyuk got up from his seat and run to hug me. Geez. This guy.

“Dong-ah. We just met earlier!” I quickly return his hug. “I know. I just like hugging you. Training everyday with guys is boring, you know? There is nothing to look at. YunHyeong-hyung is the only pretty one around here if you’re not around.” “HEY! I HEARD THAT!” We all chuckle.

“Oh! Who is this?” DongHyuk asked. “This is YuMi-eonni. Eonni, DongDong. Dong-ah, YuMi.” I introduced the two of them. Eonni is less awkward than before. The others quickly stood up when they notice there is another girl in the room. Psssh~ Those thirsty guys with raging hormones.

“Guys, this is YuMi-eonni. She is actually Japanesse. She is my senior and then we became close friends since high school. I hope you get along with her well, because she will be helping me a lot in the future.” I smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, YuMi-imnida.” She bows. The boys soon introduced them selves. “Nice to meet you, I am JinHwan.” JinHwan-hyung greets in Japanese, which Eonni replied to happily. “Nice to meet you too.” Then the two of them start talking in Japanese, which I don’t understand at all.

I know, I know. We learned Japanese in school, but I only learn the basic of it. I pay attention on learning Germany more back then, I guess. “Guys, speak something that we understand, please?” JunHoe retorted. Nice one, Junnie. Good thing we have someone with an outspoken character in the team.

“Aisshh~ I hope Bobby is here so I can rant in English which all of you are lacking at. Kimbaaaab~ Ppaliwaa~” I whined. Speaking of the devil, he suddenly pops inside the practice room. “Awww~ My baby is looking for me?” He swings his arm to my shoulder. “Yeah. Look at YuMi-eonni and JinHwan-hyung.”

“YuMi-noona and Jinan-hyung has been talking in some planet words we don’t know.” B.I added.

“Pfft~ How annoying. I know she is his fan but it doesn’t have to be this way! Now she is ignoring me.” I began my rant in English. Bobby nods in agreement. “Right. JinHwan-hyung is definitely trying to flirt with YuMi. He is most confident with his Japanese among us, I am sure he is bragging about it to her right now.” He replied, also in English.

“Aigoo~ Eonni! You are here to help or what?”

She continues speaking to JinHwan-hyung, but then turn to me in the end. “Eo? Eo! Right. Sorry, Maknae!” She scratches the back of her un-intchy neck. “Right.” I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

“Now that you all have met YuMi-eonni, I will talk about our plan.”

“There is a plan?”

“Yes, Eonni. There is a plan.” I clasp my hand excitedly.

“Listen carefully guys…” They all then sit in a circle surrounding me and YuMi-eonni who sit on the bench. “Because we are dealing with sasaeng-fans here, I thought that the best way to overcome this issue is to get help from the inside.” The guys furrowed their brows, not understanding even a bit.

“Get help from the inside? You mean YuMi-noona—” I cut DongHyuk who seem to have understood a bit of the situation.

“Yup.”

“You mean she is one of them?” 

 


 

Author's Note:

 

OH. MY. GOD.

I miss you guys soo much.

I haven't updated like... In three weeks? It's almost a month. OMG. OMG.

I am sorry for the belated update, remember about the paper work I once told you guys about? Well, I need to submit it before holiday so my teacher can check on it and give some revision on it, so I am not able to touch fan-fics at all. Because once I do... Nothing is stopping me. Kkk.

It is about 'Metaphysics' and it's quite a heavy subject (I don't know why I choosed it at the first place, but all my other friends' topics are so-so, so  I decided to do something rare!) and that's why I am not able to do an update for you guys and I am so sorry.

Oh! This is YuMi's outfit:

And this is YuMi!

She is actress Kim MinJi who played the role of Jang YuMi in 'Boys Before Flowers'. Everyone who loves K-Drama must have watched it right? Right? Kkk. I like her face so I am going to use her as YuMi-eonni!

Well, Imma do double update, so I am going to rant about things on the next Author's Note. Kkk.

Thank you for patiently waiting for this fic! I love you guyyss! *throw hearts*