NONA9ON Photo Shoot

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“Aigoo~ You guys are so cute.” GaYeon-eonni chuckles. “Well, quickly finish your food guys, Manager-hyung is going to pick you guys up after this, and then you guys have an interview for a Japanese Magazine –I can’t pronounce it because it’s too hard—and then you need to go shooting for M-Net Wide, and then you guys had a photo shoot for NONA9ON. That’s it.” I read their schedule which was e-mailed to me by Manager-hyung.

“YES MAAAM!” They give me a playful salute and then continue eating silently. I smile blissfully. How I wish I can stay with you guys forever.

 


 

CHAPTER 16 -- NONA9ON PHOTO SHOOT

 

HanBin’s POV

We are now sitting inside the studio for M-Net Wide. The Interview with the Japanese Magazine went smoothly; they asked us a few things regarding our debut, where do we get inspiration for our songs, and other things.

“B.I-ssi, there are a lot of fans wondering about this, are you really single for your whole life?” The MC’s voice snaps me back from my thoughts. I smile unconsciously, and then I answered, “Yes. It is true.” I can hear our fans screaming outside of the studio due to my answer.

“Really? But you are really cool on stage. You must be lying, right?” The female MC asked.

“It is true. HanBin-hyung doesn’t have any girls around him. Really. He’s been single since birth.” DongHyuk answered; the whole studio laughs. “Okay, now let’s skip to the next question. I am personally curious about this matter as well.” The female MC trails again. She is flipping through the cards that she has been holding for the past one hour.

“What is your ideal type?”

Ideal type? The question sunk inside my mind. Do I really have one? I think I don’t. So how should I answer this? I never really think about dating before, beside EunAe that is.

Speaking about that Gizibe, how is she doing right now? Is she bored waiting for us? Maybe she is playing games in her phone as usual. What if one of the male staff hit on her? Andwae~

Gosh! I am spacing out again! EunAe get out from my mind please~ I think I am going crazy.

“… She has pretty eyes, and when she smiles, it would make my world go on slow motion.” JunHoe’s voice snaps me to reality once again. Other members, the MCs, and of course, our fans went ‘Whoooo’.

I always had this feeling that JunHoe likes EunAe. The way he looks at her is different. It’s like how I see dad looks at mom at times. Do I look like that too when I am looking at her?

“B.I-ssi, what is your ideal type?”

“I… Uh... How do I answer this?” My confused expression made every one laughs.

“It would be really nice if she is into hip-hop, since I am into hip-hop, too. I think we would match well. But, the most important thing is that she has a beautiful heart.” Pheww~ How did I manage to say all that?

But… It is true.

I mean, I don’t know why I like her in the first place. I just did. Maybe because she is beautiful? But there are lots of other girls prettier than her. Maybe because she is into hip-hop like me? 2NE1-Noonadeul are also full of hip-hop. Maybe because she can be tough and gentle at the same time? I’ll just summarize it as ‘I like EunAe because she is EunAe’.

 


 

Author’s POV

“You guys did well in M-Net Wide!” EunAe smiled. She is once again squished between Bobby and DongHyuk in the furthest back seat.

“Yeaah~ You noticed that actually my ideal type is you, right, Baby?” Bobby encircles his right arm on the girl’s shoulder, which DongHyuk slaps away immediately.

“Hyung. She is NOT yours. Quit the act, please.”

“You are just jealous~”

“Aissh~ She is my friend first! If I didn’t introduce her to you guys, you guys would never hang out with a girl all your life.”

The girl just chuckled, and then she added, “Oh~ So now I’m a girl? The last time I checked, you considered me as a guy.”

“Yeeah~ That’s true. But still! It doesn’t mean Bobby-hyung can act like that!” DongHyuk whines.

“Just accept it, maknae. She is MINE now. Not YOURS.”

“Whoa~ Whoa~ Hold it right there. Who said anything about me being yours? I AM MINE.” EunAe answered back sharply, making the two of them quickly shut their mouth before they receive a beating.

Their last schedule for today is the photo shoot for NONA9ON. The studio building came in view. Manager-hyung parked the car while the guys enter the building with EunAe. The inside is indeed looks like a photo studio, but it is not like the normal ones. It had cool lightings, fancy furnitures; it looks like a hotel lounge.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” A staff greets them warmly. “Come this way please, I will explain our concept for today’s photo shoot really quickly.” The seven of them are seated on a round table. “As you guys know, NONA9ON clothing line uses a lot of color black as its basic color. We are going to do that today too. The whole concept would be like how YG is, full of swag.”  

The boys plus EunAe nods their heads. “You guys are YG’s rising star right now, right? So it will be a huge advantage for the brand if you guys be the models. The swag concept suits you guys perfectly, too.” They six of them are all smiling shyly. “But… We decided to fit in a new concept for you guys to work with. It will be a couple shoot.”

 

EunAe’s POV

Whoaaa~ Couple photo shoot? I can see them restraining themselves to not grin like an idiot and jump around here and there. Pssh~

“You guys will be paired with Jang SuMin. There will be individual photos and group photos.” Wait… Jang SuMin? I haven’t heard anything about this model before. Maybe she debuted when I was overseas? “We choose her because she fits the concept. She can give you the bad girl vibe; her stoic expression is great, too. It seems like she is untouchable and luxurious.”

Untouchable? She matched me then I think. Kkk. I hope SuMin-ssi will be a nice person to work with. “Okay guys, so the photo shoot starts in an hour, you go to the makeup room now.” The guys go to the makeup room while I stand up and bow to the staff earlier. Bobby is the first to come out. He is wearing all black.

“Whoooaa~ You’re cool!” I lift my two thumbs up. He then slung his right arm on my shoulder.

“Cool enough to be your boyfie?” I immediately put on a ‘no-no’ face. Soon, the boys come out one by one, B.I being the last. He is also wearing an all black.

“You guys are really cool~ You all seem like idols this way.” They are all just grinning. Pssh~ These guys.

“Don’t worry, EunAe-ya. Even though we are idols, you are still our baby sister.” Jin-hyung said, patting my head while mumbling ‘cute’ like how he always did.

“JinHwan-hyuuuung. I am not cute. Stop it.” I stomp my feet. Feeling annoyed. “EunAe-ya, you know what kind of material I am?”

Huh? Material? Isn’t it one of those leather rider jackets he’s wearing? Maybe it is a synthetic one?

“Ngg… Leather?” I answered, stuttering a bit.

“Wrong.” Bobby answered, making me furrowed my brows. That’s not leather? Maybe I should ask B.I what it is.

“What do you mean, hyung?” JunHoe asked back, as if speaking my thoughts. “You are not listening to the question well. I asked, ‘what kind of material I am.’ Not what I am actually wearing.”

B.I slaps his own forehead. I think he already know the answer to this bunny-rapper question.

Is he…

Trying to pick up on me?

 

 

“I’m….. Boyfriend material.”

 

 

There he goes.

Boyfriend material.

The six of us remained silent, well, only the five of us, actually. B.I is trying hard to stifle his laugh. Aigoo~ This stupid guy. Does he think that pick up line will work?

“Seriously hyung?” JunHoe and DongHyuk said at almost the same time, making me smile unknowingly. “JiWon. That is so cheesy. Like the mushiest pick up line I’ve ever heard.” JinHwan-hyung also commented.

“But it’s fun.” Bobby retorted, trying to defend himself, but he knows his attempt will meet no avail. It is hard when you are arguing with these dorks, especially when JunHoe speaks. He is too blunt to be true.

“Do you think that will work on EunAe? Like seriously? If you want to make her like you, you should buy her a lot of food.” B.I added. I am actually amazed that he can guess it right. The nearest way to my heart is through my tummy? Kkk.

But… Is he really guessing or… He is really paying attention to me? Aisssh~ Forget it, Ae. Stop thinking as if you guys can be together. Cause you can’t. You guys just can’t.

“Want to know the best pick up line for EunAe?” JunHoe suddenly said, breaking my thoughts about B.I. He pushes Bobby’s arm off of my shoulder, and then holding both of my shoulder so that I am facing him.

“Lee EunAe.” He says firmly.

.

Why is my heart beating like this? His voice sounds so… Tender. Like how his eyes looks when we lock gazes.

“You have to look closely to see that it is pretty…” He then paused a bit; our eyes are still locking with each other’s.

“You have to look at it for a long time to realize that it is loveable.” JunHoe then releases his grip, and smiles.

“You too, are like that.”

I am taken aback. Like… I am standing there frozen for a good few seconds. JunHoe is reading a poem, actually. Flower, by Na TaeJoo (풀꽃 / 나태주).

(A/N: It really is my favorite. Kkk.)

The fact that it is one of my favorites made me feel touched. I never really talk to him about my love for poetry. It must’ve been DongHyuk. Absolutely DongHyuk.

“Ae, are you blushing?”

Really?

I am?

I am!

Oh my gosh~ What to do… The boys will tease me to death.

“Good job, JunHoe! Even though EunAe is my baby, you being able to make her flushed –like this is the first time I ever see her flushed— are amazing!” Bobby claps his hand like a retarded seal, and then patted JunHoe’s shoulder. The latter only smiles awkwardly.

“Guys, stop it.” I said when the teasing got wilder.

“Stop it guys.” I repeated myself, louder this time. Stil, no effect. Sigh. I think I have to do this again.

“YA! I am your manager, not your friend.” They stop their laughter in a speed of lighting.

“Especially you, Kim JiWon. I already warned you this morning.” I eyed Bobby; he just gulps. “The photographer should be here in ten, so you guys better hurry. Quick quick.” I ushered them to the photo shoot area. The photo shoot background is no longer black like the one they used to use for NONA9ON, instead, it was gold, with glitters all over. The background reminds me of ‘Falling in Love’ music video.

The guys are given a short briefing, while I just sit in the corner of the room, watching them.

I felt lonely.

I know I can handle things alone, but being alone sometimes made me miss the noise. The guys’ noise. I decided to just fished out my phone and play with it for a while, when I felt someone sit beside me.

“EunAe-yang.”

“Manager-hyung!” I smiled. I am not alone anymore now.

“Why do you look so lonely?” He laughs jokingly. “Yeah~ Watching the guys from here, it felt like they are really idols.” I sighed.

“You felt kind of left out?” I nod.

“Hmm. Like there is this wall between us. That side has ‘Idol’ sign on it, while my side writes ‘Fan’.” Manager-hyung then chuckled.

“I know. I felt that too. Moreover when they are on stage; singing, dancing, and interacting with the audience. It all felt like a dream. The dorky kids we both know are gone.”

I chuckled. Manager-hyung knows what I am feeling really well. Just then, I remembered something. “Can you tell me more about the model we are working with today? I didn’t recall hearing her name before. Is she someone new in the industry or is it just me not paying attention to the showbiz?”

He smiles, and then answered, “No, you are paying enough attention. Jang SuMin became well known about a year ago, you are in Germany that time.” Well, no wonder I never heard about her before. “She is half Germany, half Korean, actually.” Huh? Really? We had a lot of things to talk about then; even though I am not much of a talker, I need to put up a friendly personality as the co-manager. I think working with SuMin-ssi will be fun.

“She is as old as… ChaeRin? That is if I am not mistaken. But I often heard that she had a bad personality.” Manager-hyung said, his eyes looking at the boys, a small smile come up his lips. I know deep inside he must have been really proud of them. I am also proud of them.

We ended up sitting next to each other and talking in that position for a long time. He asked about my family, and I also shared a lot of my memories with DongHyuk. He also tells me a lot about his family. His mom is currently at the hospital, but it’s nothing serious. He came from Busan. No wonder I can sometimes notice the accent when he is talking. Sadly, he doesn’t have any girlfriend because of work. He’s been too caught up with it.

I didn’t even realize we have been talking for almost two hours when I heard a loud bang coming from one of the room. I was startled a bit, and so is Manager-hyung. He quickly got up from his seat, checking around.

“What do you mean she cannot make it in time? She is already two hours late! Damn it! You cannot even manage a simple schedule like this? I had no time to waste!”

A lean man who I assumed as the photographer—because he is carrying a camera in his hand—screamed at the staff who talk to me earlier. Poor her.

My expectations for Jang SuMin went down by a lot. I thought she would act professional, by how she is a well known raising model right now. Is she really that busy? Well, if you can’t attend it, why agree to it from the start?

“I’m sorry. I’ve tried to call her manager but she said that SuMin-ssi will be here as soon as she can.” The staff answered, head hung low.

“Yeah. And it’s already two hours! Now I must attend another appointment at six, and you need to fix this. Find me another model.” The photographer then walk away, I think he is trying to clear his mind.

I looked at Manager-hyung with a questioning look. What are we going to do next? Find another model? With only two hours left? When I was sitting in deep thoughts, I felt someone sit next to me, filling the empty spot.

“What is it, DongHyuk-ah?” I already told you that I can feel his presence quite well, right?

“Whooa. How do you know it’s me? You didn’t even look.”

“Psshh~ I even know what is your underwear color right now. I am just that good.”

His eyes then widen. I am just kidding, DongDong-ah, are you seriously fooled? Psshh~ This kid. Am I that good at fooling people?

“Really? Did you peek when I change? Oh my—But… Wait. Nah~ I know you are lying. You couldn’t probably see that it’s pink, right?”

I am laughing my off. Did he just admit that he is wearing pink underwear?

Really? Pink? Aigoo~ I know they wear pink T-Shirts, but this is underwear. Pink? I don’t even have a pink one. Ask B.I if you don’t believe me.

“Aisshhh~ Don’t laugh! Don’t forget that I’ve seen—”

“What?”

“I’ve seen you change!”

SLAP.

“OUCH.”

SLAP.

“EUNAE!”

SLAP.

“I told you not to talk about it ever again.” I hissed. This guy seriously. “You had a nice body anyway~”

“DongHyuk~” He then chuckles happily. I felt someone pat my head. I look up to meet JinHwan-hyung.

“DongHyuk-ah, stop bullying our maknae.”

“But I’m the maknae!”

“Age wise, you are not.”

Then we all chuckle together. “Is the model really not coming?” I asked, and then JinHwan-hyung shrugs his shoulder. “I don’t think so. It’s the first time we work with her too, so it will be really hard to know what she really is like in person.” I nod my head, and then my eyes traveled to the other boys.

JunHoe is talking with Bobby and YunHyeong-hyung, B.I seems like he is in deep thoughts. If it’s regarding the group, he will always be concerned, even to the smallest things.

“So, the eonni from earlier just need to find another model for the photo shoot then it is all fix right?” DongHyuk and JinHwan-hyung just nod in sync. In about five minutes later, I felt B.I’s gaze landed on me. I know it might sound like I am daydreaming, but I am sure he is looking at me when I felt JunHoe and the others fix their stare on me too.

Leader-nim and the rest then approach me, smiling like an idiot. “EunAe-ya.” He called.

“What Leader-nim?”

“You know you are like our sister, right?” I wanted to answer right away, but I started to get suspicious when I see Bobby grinning and bobbing his head in the background.

“Err… Am  I supposed to say yes?” I answered eventually.

“Yup.”

“Are you guys planning something?”

“Yup.”

“May I know what does it have to do with me?”

“EunAe-ya. Be our model.”

 


 

“Ya! Kim DongHyuk!” I hissed, trying hard not to scream at this guy. He literally just pushed me inside the changing room. My head even knock the walls. “Just change! Ppali!” He answered from outside the room. The stylist then helps me with the clothes, not forgetting to apply some light makeup and do my hair. As the stylist do my hair, my mind traveled to when I agreed to do this thing ten minutes ago…

 

 

“EunAe-ya. Be our model.”

My mind was blank for a few seconds, trying to digest Leader-nim’s words. Then, the weirdest thing happened, I laugh out loud. I really did. The whole idea just see ridiculous to me. Me? Model? You serious? Naaah~ You gotta be kidding me.

“You’re trolling me, right? Me? Model? For NONA9ON? You want this product’s sales to drop?” I wipe an invisible tear from my eye.

“No. Seriously, Ae. You heard the staff-noona earlier, right? Jang SuMin. Untouchable.  Luxurious.” JunHoe added. “Not to mention the stoic expression.” YunHyeong-hyung added after.

“Bad Girl Vibe.” Bobby said.

“In conclusion, Nappeun Gizibe.” B.I said, smirking. He’s trying to annoy me again or what?

“Then, EunAe is your girl.” DongHyuk also sounded his opinion. “But… But… Me? I am really awkward with cameras.” I slump my shoulders down. Really. I at even taking selcas. “Ae, your Mom used to be a model. There must be some of that talent left in you.” DongHyuk answered.

“What? My future mother-in-law is an ex-model? No wonder my baby is so pretty.”

“Bobby, it is not the right time to joke around.” JinHwan-hyung and the others stare at him, Bobby suddenly becomes quiet. “I’ll talk to Manager-hyung. If you are okay with it, then it’s okay with us. Doing the photo-shoot with you will be less awkward anyway.” B.I said, convincing me to agree to the idea.

Well, it’s for the boys, right? This is the least I can do for them. Right, EunAe-ya. Don’t forget your first intention at helping them. You wanted to repay their kindness.

Do it for the boys.

“Okay.”

 

 

Sighed. Now I am here sitting in front of the mirror while the eonni sprayed my hair. They said my face is not going to be shown, I’ll put a snapback or something later.

Manager-hyung said it will be risky if my face is shown.

The public will suspect things, like; “Is she a new YG trainee?”

“Is there going to be a new girl group?”

To even worst comments like; “Eww~ Who is she?”

“Look at how ugly she looks.”

“How dare you get close to our oppa!”

I know. I know. I believe I am not that ugly, but I am not like a goddess either. It is safer for me this way. The photographer also suggested it. He said it will give a ‘mysterious feel’ to the photos. Well, I never really tried this before, but they are not going to show my face anyway, so, why not give it a try?

After the whole thing is done, I realize another problem. I am wearing a mini dress. Is this even a dress? It looks like a really long T-shirt that reached your mid thigh. This is too short. How can I face the guys with this?

“Ae? Are you done?” Oh No. It’s DongDong.

“Ae… You are not backing off, right?” I sighed. How should I say this? “It is okay, EunAe-ssi. You look really cool!” One of the stylist eonni said, encouraging me. “Ae~” DongHyuk calls again.

“If you don’t come out, I will drag you out.”

“Don’t!”

“So come out.”

“But it’s too short~”

“Ae~”

“I look like a girl.”

“You ARE A GIRL. Duh~”

“But… But…”

“Lee EunAe.”

There it is. He is using the ‘I am your Oppa’ kind of tone. I sighed for the nth time unconsciously. “Fine. Promise me not to laugh.” I said, holding the door handle. “Promise!” I can imagine him smiling while holding up his hand, like making a vow.

I opened the door, walking out slowly. I can see the boys lift their heads up, and then they stare at me.

Like. Stare.

No reaction at all.

DongHyuk even had his mouth wide open. Do I look weird? Aigoo~ Shouldn’t have agreed to this from the start, right? “EunAe! Marry me, please?” Bobby said, suddenly holding my hand. “What? Marry? What?” I asked back, baffled. “You are so cool! This is Nappeun Gizibe-like! Seriously!” He explained, jumping a little like an overjoyed kid.

“Mehh~ You’re lying.” I shook my head. “No! You are cool!” The others answered in sync. “Really?”

“REALLY!”

“Well, okay then. But you guys need to guide me with the photo shoot.”

“I’ll help you a lot. Don’t worry.” Leader-nim answered, smiling widely.

Thump.

There goes my heart again.

Thump.

His dimple is so freaking adorable.

Thump.

EunAe, please stop this. He can’t be yours. He can never be.

The boys then drag me to the photo shooting area. I felt really awkward, to be honest. I never do this before. This is the first time ever. But… I am grateful to have given the chance to do this with the guys.

“Okay, so we will start with the group photos. EunAe-ssi, please stand in the middle.” The photographer instructed. I pull down the snapback lower to cover half of my face. He then began taking pictures and giving instruction. Well, it’s not as bad as I thought. I just need to be as natural as possible.

“Okay, change the outfit and then we will proceed with the couple photo shoot.”

The stylist eonni helps me wear the second outfit so that I don’t ruin my hair. I come back to the photo shooting area in less than ten minutes after.

“Okay. B.I-ssi, you can go first.” Leader-nim then walks towards me. He looks really cool with his hair styled like that. Aigoo~ EunAe. Stop spazzing about this guy.

He then stands beside me, looking suave like how he is as a leader. The photographer then gives us the most impossible task to do,

“Now I wanted you two to do a kiss scene.”

 


 

Author's Note:

EunAe is back!

I am sorry for not posting for two weeks (TT.TT)

I am back from school's retreat and I updated right away! Kkk.

I actually have written a few chapters ahead, but there are like blank spots in the plots, so I need to write some more and it takes time. Then, I have a full week of exams. Like Wednesday Biology, Friday Civics, Monday Math. It's not even the whole schedule yet. Psshhh~

The great thing is, I found my life's purpose on the retreat. So I am really thankful. My birthday is on Oct 18th and Mom's on Oct 20thso I felt really happy! I hope a lot of good things will come this year!

HanBin gif for you guys!

Isn't his smile adorable? Kkk. He is fetured in Epik  High's New Song, 'Shoe Box' alongside with Bobby and Mino! Check the MV Out! But it is age restricted, so you guys need to be legal first, I think(?) You can still open it if you have an account. Why is he reading magazines in the MV anyway? You're not legal yet, Oppa! Kkk.

Have you watch Episode 6 of 'MIX & MATCH'? This is the first time I saw JunHoe cry ever. Aigoo~ Poor June. A lot of people said that YG purposely pick ChanWoo instead of JunHoe because he wanted a visual in the team. Kkk. But yeah, I remembered what he said during 'WIN', "It is not how good you are, it is how much you can improve.' I think he saw that in  ChanWoo. The last match will  be hold on his birthday too~ Sigh. I hope for the best result.