You Are My Warmth

Falling In Love With The Transfer Student

You Are My Warmth 

----

The cold, empty feeling surged inside D.O. For the past few days, no one came to visit him. Not Suho nor even his dad. He was nothing but lonely. Everyone hates him. Or so he thought. The news about Kai was left unheard and D.O couldn't help but worry all day. He misses Kai and he knew he shouldn't have been cold to him. Every night, he would just cry, waiting for someone to hug him, to tell him that everything would be alright but no one did.

D.O was finally discharged and the first thing he did was to look for Kai. He wanted to apologise to the latter. After awhile of running around the hospital, there he stood in front of Kai's ward. He hesitantly reached out for the doorknob when the door opened by itself. Sehun's and his eyes met. Sehun glared at D.O coldly, blocking D.O from going in. "Hunnie, why are you st-" Luhan cut himself off when he saw D.O. "D-D.O?" D.O gave a small smile and looked down. Luhan pushed Sehun to the side, allowing D.O to come in.

"Kyungsoo, you're discharged?" Suho asked flatly, not much concern was heard in his voice and that hurt D.O a lot. His best friend dislikes him now. D.O hid his sadness with a small nod. D.O looked at the body that laid comfortably on the bed. "Kai..." D.O muttered soflty, slowly walking to the bed. Sehun grabbed D.O harshly and growled. "Don't you dare touch him!" D.O wince and looked at his arm. No one tried to stop Sehun. They just kept quiet. Sehun let go of D.O's hand and pointed to the door. "Get out!" D.O looked at everyone with teary eyes. He felt betrayed, hurt that his friends are abandoning him. He looked at Suho, who looked away and bit his lips. "Fine..." D.O ran out of the room with tears trickling down his cheeks. 

Suho covered his face and sobbed. Lay quietly embraced his lover. Suho never wanted to leave D.O but he had no choice. It was for his own good. 

~
D.O opened the Dorm's door and looked at the dark, empty dorm. The others were still accompanying Kai at the hospital so he was all alone. Once he closed the door, he fell onto the floor and started crying. What did he do to make his friends hate him? Did he really deserve to have such life? Suddenly, an eerie feeling made him shiver. He has no one to be there for him. That means, his dad can hurt him now. And no one can stop him. D.O took no chances, he packed up his stuffs and left.

~

"D.O should be back by now." Suho said as he opened the Dorm's door. It was rather weird. The lights were off and no one was at the living room. "D.O??" Suho called out, heading towards KaiSoo's room. He opened it but no one was inside. The closet door was left opened and Suho noticed that all of D.O's clothes were missing. Suho felt beads of cold sweat running down his forehead as he ran to get the others. "D.O ran away!" The others except Sehun were shocked. "Tsk. Serve him right." Sehun said and Luhan punched him painfully. "How dare you say that! Just because Kai got hurt doesn't mean you can make D.O sad." Sehun rolled his eyes. "All of us did! We all ignored him! Not only me!" Luhan quieten down, feeling guilty for ignoring D.O back at the hospital.

"Let's just go look for D.O. Sehun, go and take care of Kai. Baek, go check on Kris and Tao." Xiumin spoke and headed for the door. He looked back, to see the others still standing at their place. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

~

Kris and Tao laid on Tao's hospital bed, enjoying the moment. "When will you be discharged?" Tao shrugged. "Dunno." Kris fiddles his fingers, biting his lips. He looked at Tao. "Tao, I lo-" "TAOZI~" Baekhyun broke the moment, barging into the room and hugging his best friend tightly. "H-Hey Baekki." Tao winced, surprised that Baekhyun was somewhat strong. Baekhyun smiled widely at Tao, ignoring the deadly glare he was getting from Kris.

Baekhyun remembered what he was supposed to do and his face turned serious. "D.O is missing!" Both were shocked by the news. "Why?" Baekhyun bit his lips. He didn't want to explain. He knew Kris was still pretrified by D.O's dad but he had no choice. "D.O's dad..." Kris cringed at the name, feeling uncomfortable all of the sudden. "He attacked us when we visited D.O. Everyone got hurt, Kai is the most serious. We got angry at D.O, we didn't talk to him blah blah blah... and he ran away." Tao glared at his bestfriend, flicking his forehead "Ow-" "You shouldn't have! Come on, Kris ge! Let's find D.O before his father does!" Kris shook his head, trembling as he recalled what D.O's father had done to him. "Kris ge?" Tao asked worriedly. Kris looked at him and faked a smile. "Err... Yeah" Tao beamed and got ready while Baekhyun went to get the doctor's permission. Kris sat there, biting his lips. He didnt want to disappoint Tao but he was still afraid....

~

Sehun sat beside his buddy, looking at Kai sadly. "You're the only family I have left..." Sehun sighed. When Sehun was young (elemantary school, i guess?), he was the quietest in class and everyone was afraid of him. Not everyone actually. Kai wasn't afraid of him. It was his friends who told him to stay away from Sehun. Kai wasn't so convinced. During lunch break, Kai waddled towards Sehun who was sitting alone on a cafeteria bench. The kids in school were whispering to each other but Kai didn't cared. He sat in front of Sehun and waved his hands when Sehun looked at him. 

"Hi, I'm Kai! What ish your name?" (I dun know Baby Language!°^°)

"..."

"Pwease tell meee" Kai pouted cutely when Sehun just looked at him.

"...T-The...hun..." Sehun said softly, facing flushed and he looked away cutely.

"Thehunnie?" Kai grinned at Sehun but Sehun pouted.

"No Thehun... me Thehun!" Kai furrowed his brows.

"Thehun or Thehun?"

"N-No! I... Th-Th-Sehun!" Sehun's lisp disappeared for awhile and he managed to say his name properly.

"Ahh~ Sehunnie? Nice to meet you! Your lisp are so cute!" Kai chuckled when Sehun blushed (Kai is obviously flirting XD). 

"Nice to meet you..." Sehun said out and that's when their brotherhood started.

Sehun smiled, recalling the moments he had when he was young. Though Luhan was Sehun's boyfriend, Kai was the closest and most precious to Sehun. Sehun hugged Kai gently, so that he won't hurt Kai's neck. "Get well soon, hyung."

Sehun kept on hugging Kai, not knowing that someone's at the door, looking him with anger and jealousy. It was none other than Luhan. Luhan clenched his fists, knuckles turning white and stomped away.

~

D.O walked aimlessly around the streets, passing by a bakery shop. He halted, turning to look at the bakery shop. It had a poster saying 'Hiring!'. D.O needed a job if he wants to eat. He walked into the bakery shop, greeted by a decent-looking man. "Hi! I'm the shop owner, Xiangling! I guess you're here for the job?" D.O nodded and bowed. "Y-Yes. I know how to cook! Please accept me! I really need this job." Xiangling chuckled, patting D.O's shoulders. "No worries, follow me." Xiangling walked inside the kitchen and D.O followed, carrying his heavy bag hurriedly.

"Since you know how to cook, bake a cake for me." Xiangling said. D.O nodded, placed his bag on the floor before starting his audition (?). He may have lost to Lay but that doesn't mean he at making cakes. Once he was finished, he handed a slice to Xiangling and smile. "Here." Xiangling gladly took the slice and ate it. The taste was too good to be true. He savoured the taste while D.O looked at him joyfully. "So? Am I in?" D.O asked excitedly and Xiangling gave a thumbs up, can't speak as he was still eating.

~
"Excuse me, have you seen a short, owl-looking guy?" Suho asked a lady on the streets. "No. But I have seen a handsome guy." Suho thought she was talking about D.O so he asked on. "Who?" "You~" Suho's eyes twitched a little but he just smiled. "I'm sorry but I'm in a relationship." Just then, Lay stood beside Suho and glared at the lady. "Yeah, so beat it woman." The lady scoffed, whipping her hair and walking away. "You can be more nicer, right?" Suho weakly scolded Lay and the latter just shrugged.

"She was hitting on my woman-"

"I'm a man, Lay!!"

"Well, it's your fault for looking cute!"

"Am I?" Suho puffed his cheeks, making himself looking irresistebly cute. Lay his lips before pulling Suho closer, trying to kiss him but Suho smacked his face. "We're in public! Let's keep on looking!" Lay pouted, following Suho as they went around asking if anyone had seen D.O

His neck hurts a lot. He could barely even move. His eyes fluttered open, greeted with a shining light on him, a beeping sound was heard beside him. He found himself lying on a hospital bed. He tried getting up but the pain was too hard to handle, making him groan. "Kai?!" A familiar voice was beside him. Kai turned to face with a worried Sehun. "Hey..." Kai spoke weakly, letting out a small smile. "I'll get the doctor!" Before Kai could say anything again, Sehun ran out of the room. Kai smiled. Sehun's same as always.

As Sehun went to get a doctor, he bumped into Luhan. "Hyung? I thought-" "I was looking for D.O? Yeah, I thought he might have came back to the hospital." Luhan rolled his eyes, making Sehun frown. "Is somthing wrong?" Luhan looked at Sehun boringly. "Why would there be something wrong?" "You're acting weird, hyung." Luhan scoffed, walking away. Sehun just stood there, confused. 

Kai patiently waited for Sehun's return, thinking about D.O. "Is he ok?" He asked himself. He grabbed his phone from the table beside him and dailed D.O's number. It rang awhile and Kai became anxious. Did something happened to his Kyungie? His answer was answered by D.O, picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Kyungie!"

"K-Kai?! Aren't you-"

"Unconscious? Not anymore. I just woke up!"

"Ouh..."

"Where are you by the way?"

"..." D.O went quiet, not knowing what to say. "Kyungie?" "I-I got to go. Bye..." D.O hung up on Kai and the latter looked at his phone, dumbfounded. Sehun came into the room, looking dazed. "Oh, Sehun! Can ask you, where's Kyungie? He wouldn't tell me." Sehun snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Kai worriedly. He didn't want to tell his buddy so soon. He just woke up. "Sehun..." Kai said firmly and Sehun sighed, looking down. "He ran away..." Kai's eyes widened, sitting up straight but pain shot throughout his body. "Ow.... w-why did he?" Sehun bit his lips. It was their fault that D.O ran away. "E-Err.... we... were the cause..." "What?!" "Imsorrybuthemadeyoulikethissoweignoredhimsoherunaway!" Sehun blurted out and looked at Kai guiltily. "Well...shame on you! Now help me up! I'm gonna find Kyungie." Sehun pushed Kai down gently. "No! You're hurt! Stay!"

~

Suho walked into the bakery shop and Xiangling greeted him. "Welcome!" Suho bowed back before walking around the shop, looking for some bread. Lay kept whining about how hungry he was so Suho had to find food to shut him up. He took some bread before heading to the cashier.

"Ah! Those breads are made by our newest baker! It's really delicious!" Xiangling smiled, looking back at the kitchen. Suho nodded, handing a bread to Lay and ate one himself. The taste was familiar. Only D.O could make such delicious bread. 

Realisation struck him, the new baker must be D.O! "C-Can I see your newest baker?" Xiangling nodded as he went inside the kitchen. "They love your bread D.O! Good job! Follow me!" Xiangling pulled D.O out of the kitchen and grinned. "Here he is-" "D.O!!" D.O looked up and immediately backed away. "Leave me alone! You're not my true friends!" D.O screamed, scaring Xiangling and the other two. "D.O..." Suho looked at him painfully. "You guys ignored me everyday and you didn't even cared! Get lost!" D.O stomped back into the kitchen and Suho went after him. "D.O-"I'm sorry but the kitchen is for staffs only." Xiangling blocked Suho from entering and Lay just pulled Suho back. "Let's go Suho..." Suho and Lay left the shop and Suho took one last glance at the shop before breaking into tears.

I'm sorry

~

Everyone met up at Kai's room. "We found D.O but he won't come back..." Lay explained to the rest, holding Suho's hand tightly. Kai sighed. "Can't I help?" They looked at Kai worriedly. He's still in pain yet he wants to help? Sehun held Kai's hand and shook his head. "You shouldn't-" the door slammed, cutting Sehun off. Luhan had left the room. "What's with Luhan? He's been acting weird strangely." Sehun sighed, letting go of Kai's hand.

Sehun ran out of the room, catching up with Luhan. He grabbed Luhan's hand forcefully but Luhan shook it off.

"Hyung!" 

"Get lost Sehun!"

"Why are you avoiding me?!"

"C-Cause you were cheating on me!"

"What?! Since when?!"

"Y-You hugged Kai. Clearly, you love Kai!"

"Hyung!" Sehun grabbed Luhan tightly, making the smaller wince in pain. "I love Kai as a family member. He has been with me since I was young. He was my first friend! I LOVE you as a lover!" Luhan looked down, speeechless. Sehun loosen his grip. "I thought you trusted me..." Luhan looked up, tears glistening and he started to sob, hugging Sehun tightly. "I'm sorry Sehun-ah..."

Sehun nodded, hugging him back. "It's ok, Lu... It's ok..." Luhan cried as Sehun kissed his forehead and his hair. 

"It's ok..."

~
Night came and D.O laid on his bed. Suho's painful look kept haunting him in his head. He covered his face and sighed. He looked at the bed dresser beside him. It had a photo of him and Kai together. D.O took the photo, touching it softly. He let a tears drop from his eyes, putting the photo beside him. 

I miss you... but I can't come back...

~~~ 

sorry for late update! I made the chapter a little longer(?). I hope it is!

This Chap is on HunHan actually. I wanted to make Kai get D.O to come back but I didn't want to keep you waiting. Hehe... sorry. I wanted to make Sehun and Luhan to break up but that would be cruel right? 

The chapter looks long in my phone so I think its long.

I just came up with a name, Xiangling. Hurray, D.O got the job!

I'm so scared about my results coz if I do badly for my exam, my phone's definitely gonna be taken! Plus I cant use the computer so that means I can't write the story until I get my phone back?!?! Hopefully I do well! Wait for next update!

At least Exams over! Hurraayyy!

Happy birthday Yixinggg♡♡

Subscribe and read on Whattpad :) :D

If you dun understand this chap, the next chap will explain for you

xoxo