Meeting the family

Courting you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Ohana means Family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten."

~Lilo and Stitch

 

 

- Breath Top, breath - Seungri patted his boyfriend´s back gently. Despite Top´s pokerface, Seungri was sure he was at least a little bit nervous and why wouldn´t he after what his hyung did earlier. Seungri was still mad at him. Donghyuk can be a real sweatie when he wants to but instead he ussually acts like overprotective jerk. He was glad his hyung looked after him, but sometimes he was taking it to a whole other level. 

Donghyuk wasn´t always like this. He became stricter since he caught Seungri dating, a man that is. He got so scared when he saw his hyung looking at him while he was kissing his crush behind the house. Sure, it wasn´t the best place ever but it wasn´t something they planed. For a year Seungri has been crushing on his neighbour and that day he found out his feelings were reciprocated. He felt like the happiest boy alive, but that only latest for a few seconds. Seungri spent the rest of the day afraid to face his hyung.

What if Donghyuk didn´t want to have a brother that´s gay? Will he hate him now? Those were the question Seungri never wanted to think about. 

His brother acted like nothing was wrong which made Seungri even more nervous each day. That´s when he decided to put an end to it and finally confront his family after dinner. It appeared everyone already figured it out already. Seungri was so happy to find out that his family was really understanding and supportive about it. He felt really lucky his parents weren´t resenting or rejected him because of his ual orientation. Not many could brag about it. His mother later explained his brother was happy for him but also afraid. He acted so protective because he didn´t want for his little brother to get bullied or badmouthed. Donghyuk was never very affectionate so he rarely showed his love or support by words. Seungri was gratefull he had a brother like him but he also thought that this way he will never be able to stand for himself. Donghyuk had to let him fight this battle on his own.

 

- I´m not nervous - Top gave Seungri a reassuring smile - much - he said under his breath. This was defenitely a first for him. Never before he was introuced to the family. Top was happy to know Seungri´s family was supportive but he still couldn´t help to be nervous. They still couldn´t like him and he had enough of family rejection. He was still hurt and it pained to think about his own family.

The memories were still too fresh. He still remembers his father yelling how much of a dissapointment he was and never to come back. His was angry at both, speacially at his mother. She didn´t even tried to stop him, she just stood there crying. So he left. Top left their house and promised to never come back to a family that didn´t want him there. They raised him till there and he was thankfull for that but from there forward he will find a way to take care of himself so he won´t have to rely on anybody. 

Top never allowed himself to cry thinking it would show weakness. Since then he always promised to be strong and put his feelings first, no matter what or what anybody says. As much as he didn´t want to admit it, Top still missed them sometimes, specially on holidays. It always reminded him of the them so Top would always go on a trip somewhere far. A few drinks on a tropical beach and one hot life guard would always help.

 

- I´m sure they´ll love yo...

- Oh my finally you came - Seungri´s mother interrupted him as she opened the door and greeted them. She was waiting for them all day - You rascal, why didn´t you visit your mother sooner? - she scolded - Oh, forgive my maners, I´m this bad boy´s mother - she smiled and Top bowed - Please come in, come in, don´t stant in the doorway - she said delighted. Finally her son brought someone for them to meet.

- I´m sorry, I was busy - Seungri kissed her cheek and hugged her.

- So busy you couldn´t spare your own mother a minute - she continued scolding while Seungri gave her the puppy eyes. It always worked on her - Aish, what I´m going to do with you....

- Mum, this is Top, my boyfriend - Seungri introduced him, while Top helped him with his coat. He couldn´t wait to introduce his boyfriend to everyone - This is my mum, she likes to be called Mrs. Lee - Seungri whispered that last part to Top.

- It´s a pleasure to meet you - Top slightly bowed again.

- The pleasure is all my. Omo, you´re so handsome and tall - she complimented while Top gave her his signature smile. It was always super effective among women.

- Thank you very much. These are for you - Top handed her a boquet of lilies. Earlier he asked Seungri for some information about his family and he said those were her favorites.

- Oh my, thank you so much, their beautifull - Mrs. Lee exclaimed. Her son sure knew her buttons very well and she was sure it was his ideia.

- Not as beautifull as you are - Top complemented.

- Omo - Mrs. Lee blushed. She sure loved compliments - Come inside, dinner will be ready soon - with that said, Mrs. Lee went back to the kitchen to finish the meal and put those beautifull flowers in a vase.

- See, she loved you - Seungri said in excitment and Top only smiled back. He certainly hoped so.

 

- Hey dad - Seungri greeted his dad as they entered in the living room - No no, don´t bother - he signaled his father not to get up. Mr. Lee was still recovering from his minor surgery and Seungri didn´t want him doing any risky movements.

- Can´t a man hug his son anymore? I´m not that old you know - Mr. Lee protested right away. He didn´t wanted to be treated like a baby, he was a man for Christ´s sake.

- Dad please, you´re still recovering. Oh and this is my boyfriend, Top. Top, this Mr. Lee, my dad - Seungri introduced them to each other.

- Nice to you meet you sir - Top bowed.

- Sir?! - he laughed - Oh please, there´s no need for formalities - Mr. Lee got up and demanded a hug.

- Dad, be carefull, your stiches... - Seungri softened. Despite his though appearence, he was quitte a sweet man. But you should never test his furry, ever. Mr. Lee can be quitte authorittive and fierce when he needs to.

- Alright, let´s sit down - Seungri said as Top helped Mr. Lee sit back down on the couch. As ussual, he was watching his hockey game so the tv was on maximum.

- Where´s hyung? - Seungri asked curious as they sat down on the couch as well. He thought he would be the first one to greet them.

- He´s in his study. You know how much a workaholic he is. Doesn´t even rest at home - Mr. Lee said. Ever since his surgery his son insisted to move back in the house and take over the business while he recovered. He hated to burden his son with so much work.

- I´ll go check on him - Seungri got up, missing Top´s pleading room. He wasn´t ready to stay alone with his father yet.

- So Top do you like hockey? - Mr. Lee asked. He is a hardcore fan of it despite not being able to play anymore.

- Not really - To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter