Two.

Because of You [HIATUS]

The bus ride home was painfully quiet. Well at least for Baekhyun. Usually when they go home, it would be noisy to the point where the other passengers have to cover their ears because of them. It wasn’t the first time, but Baekhyun just hates the quiet Chanyeol. So instead of just sitting quietly, he did the thing he usually does when Chanyeol is not in the mood.

 

“Hey Channie. How was school today?” Baekhyun asked, a hint of rather forced happiness in his voice. But Chanyeol was too busy looking outside to even notice.

 

“Fine.” Chanyeol replied. Baekhyun opted to stay quiet, because he knew too well that Chanyeol doesn’t want to talk.

 

When they arrived at Baekhyun’s stop, of course Chanyeol had to make sure he gets home safely so he stepped out of the bus with his boyfriend.

 

He walked Baekhyun home and then again, they walked rather quietly. Baekhyun chose to stay quiet for the mean time and ask Chanyeol later.

 

Chanyeol was about to leave Baekhyun on his doorstep but was stopped by his boyfriend’s mother’s voice.

 

“Oh, Chanyeol-ah!” Mrs. Byun exclaimed jovially, too jovial for the tense air just now. “I haven’t seen you since last week. Why don’t you come in for a second?”

 

Of course Chanyeol couldn’t refuse Mrs. Byun’s invitation. He also missed her unending stories during dinner but Chanyeol was too tired to hear it out today. But he entered the house nonetheless.

 

“I already cooked dinner. Would you like me to prepare you two some food?” Mrs. Byun asked from the kitchen.

 

“Oh no, Mrs. Byun. I’m still full.” Chanyeol declined politely, reason why Baekhyun’s mom liked him so much.

 

“How about you, Baek?” Mrs. Byun asked. “I’ll eat later mom.” Baekhyun replied, making his way upstairs to his room (as Chanyeol requested). “We’ll be upstairs, mom.”

 

Baekhyun dropped his bag pack on the corner of his room when they arrived and sat on his bed. Chanyeol just stayed standing, putting his bag pack down on the chair.

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow seeing Chanyeol’s bothered face.

 

“Spill it.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol huffed. “Baek, what are you doing?”

 

Baekhyun looked at him. “I’m sitting, why?”

 

“Do you think I’m up for jokes right now?” Chanyeol glared. “What’s with you!? Why are you still with Jongin!? I told you to stop hanging out with them!”

 

Baekhyun already knew what Chanyeol is saying so he didn’t listen. Chanyeol already repeated this a million times, Baekhyun’s just too stubborn. “You’re not my mom, Chanyeol. I can do what I want.”

 

Chanyeol continued to glare. “But you’re hurting a person, Baek!”

 

“I’m in the group but I’m not the one hurting him. You won’t even see my handprint on his face.” Baekhyun said, blowing his nails.

 

“That’s not the point!” Chanyeol exclaimed but Baekhyun just shrugged. “I’m already emotionally hurt because of you, Baek. And I can’t just sit down if one of my friends is also feeling the same because of you.”

 

And that caught Baekhyun’s attention. “Because of me?” He said. “Why don’t you tell that to Jongin? I’m not the only one, Yeol. Stop blaming me.”

 

“I’m not blaming you!” Chanyeol said. “You dropping out of the group could change something, Baek. Jongin will most likely listen to you if you say that to him.”

 

“Whose side are you really in, Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“I’m not taking sides here.” Chanyeol answered. “Listen, Byun Baek, drop out of the group tomorrow.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him in disbelief. “No.”

 

“Baek!”

 

“No, Yeol. You’re not the one deciding for me.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in defeat and annoyance. “Fine!” He exclaimed, grabbing his bag from the floor. “I’m not going to interfere again.” He added and went out of the room and out of the house without even saying goodbye to Mrs. Byun.

 

Baekhyun grumbled in annoyance. He picked up his phone and dialed the person who first came into his mind.

 

“Hey. Sup?” The voice from the other line asked.

 

“Hey Lu.” Baekhyun said. “Are you bu…sy? Okay. I guess I’ll call you back.” He immediately said when he heard his friend from the other line.

 

“What? Oh, no. It’s okay. We’re finished anyway.” Luhan said.

 

“Disgusting.” Baekhyun said in a mock-disgust tone, but he laughed anyway.

 

“Let me guess. You and Chanyeol had a fight again?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Yeah. I don’t know what to do, Lu. I want to quit the group.”

 

“You know you can’t do that, right? Chanyeol’s life will be in danger. Even yours.”

 

“I know. And I can’t even tell Chanyeol about it. If I know, he’ll do something about it.”

 

“It would have been easier if Jongin wasn’t into you.”

 

“He’s not into me. He’s just using me.”

 

“Yeah. Like his boy toy.” Luhan scoffed.

 

“Baekhyun-ah! Dinner!” Baekhyun’s mother suddenly shouted from downstairs. Right. He didn’t have dinner yet.

 

“I have to hang up, Lu. Thanks for listening.” Even though Luhan can’t see it, he could sense the smile somewhere in Baekhyun’s tone.

 

“Anytime.”

 

Baekhyun placed his phone on top of his nightstand and sighed. He thought about the first time he entered the group and shut his eyes. If he knew that there would be a catch, he wouldn’t have entered. But it’s already there. He can’t do anything about it. He sighed for the umpteenth time, heading downstairs for dinner.

 

 


A/N: Short chapter here. .___. Mian. =3=