Twenty Two.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Enrollment is now starting at Starlight High. The school was somehow empty because some students preferred online enrollment. But Kyungsoo preferred the manual enrollment, though. He misses the school so he scans around the campus. He felt nostalgic.

The middle school campus was different from the high school campus but there are some areas that they share. He walks around cautiously, glancing around from time to time to see if someone noticed him.

He arrived at the registrar’s office, knocking twice before entering. Even though Kyungsoo became liberated, he still didn’t forget his manners. He peeked inside and the registrar gestured for Kyungsoo to come in. Kyungsoo slowly stepped inside, silently closing the door behind him. He has his forms and other necessary papers on hand.

“Good afternoon, ma’am.” Kyungsoo greets. He decided to enroll in the afternoon since he woke up late this morning. Minsoo didn’t even bother waking him up because Kyungsoo looked peaceful sleeping.

“Good morning.” Mrs. Yang greeted back. “Sit down.” She gestured at the chair in front of her. Kyungsoo gave her the papers he was holding. Mrs. Yang pushed back her glasses and read the information stated on the documents. “Oh, you’re Do Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo looked up at the mention of his name. “Yes, I am.” He answered politely.

“I saw your results on the online entrance examination. And I can say I’m impressed, Mr. Do.” Mrs. Yang smiled. Kyungsoo smiled back, a little blush on his cheeks. He was used to these kinds of compliments since back in the States, he was always praised because of his academic skills. But he just had to act demure in front of the woman. He may be a freethinker, but he still cares about his grades.

“Thank you, ma’am.” He bowed. Mrs. Yang was overwhelmed at how smart and polite Do Kyungsoo is. He never saw the guy before and thought that he might be a big shot in the school.

Suddenly, Mrs. Yang’s eyebrows raised in amusement. “Oh, you’re a middle school student here before?”

“Yes, ma’am. My hyung and I transferred to the States on my last year of middle school and came back after a year.”

“Why is that?”

Kyungsoo paused at the question. He thought for a while and answered the reason of his hyung. “Family business, ma’am.” He reasoned.

Mrs. Yang seemed to buy what Kyungsoo said and nodded. Soon after, Mrs. Yang closed his folder and looked at Kyungsoo with bright eyes. “Very much qualified, Mr. Do.” She smiled. She scribbled something on a green note and gave it to him. “Go to the accounting office and pay this fee and you’re already enrolled.”

Kyungsoo took the paper and stood up. “Thank you, ma’am.” He smiled and bowed before leaving the room.

He immediately proceeded to the accounting office and paid the fee written on the paper. When he was all set, he walked around the school again. He wasn’t able to scan the whole campus earlier because he still had to go to the registrar’s office.

On the process, he bumped into someone. Kyungsoo almost fell on the ground if it wasn’t for the hand that held his arm. He looked up and saw a not-so-unfamiliar face. Of course, it had to be his middle school schoolmate.

“Oh god, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” The boy said, helping Kyungsoo to stand up properly. Kyungsoo straightened his shirt. “Yes, I’m fine.” He replied.

The boy nodded and scrutinized Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him. The boy chuckled. “You don’t look familiar. Are you a transferee?” He asked, amused at the said transferee’s attitude.

Kyungsoo mildly smirked at the question. Of course, he wouldn’t be recognized now. He changed. From a nerd boy to a liberated teen and from a fat kid to slim young man. “You can say that.” He replied. He didn’t want to say that he was a transfer student since he almost finished middle school at Starlight. He’s still considered an old student.

The boy nodded, “I’m Mino, by the way. You are?” He said, extending his arms towards Kyungsoo for a handshake. Kyungsoo just stared at his hand.

“Why should I?” he said.

Mino can’t help but laugh at the transfer student’s attitude. He’s really something. Mino withdrew his hand back. “Okay then. I’ll be seeing you around from now on so there are so many chances to know you.”

Kyungsoo snorted. “Yeah, right.”

“So, let me tour you throughout the whole school?”

Kyungsoo really didn’t need the offer but he guesses he has to take it. “Sure.” He said and both of them started to walk around the whole campus.

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

It’s been a while since he last saw his business partner. The last time he saw him was when he was still negotiating with him. He has been busy managing their shared business and he really didn’t have time meeting with the man.

He took the chance to meet with him when he realized he had nothing to do.

He called him earlier and the man instructed him to meet with him in a certain club. Club Zeus – the Kims’ club.

When he arrived at the club, he immediately went to the room down the corridor, just in front of the bartending station. When he entered the room, he saw his partner smoking. He was sitting on his office chair and he was looking outside the window. His club building was overlooking the city Seoul.

“Hello, chairman.” He bowed as the said chairman twisted his chair towards his direction. The chairman immediately bowed back and stood up at the sight of his business partner. He placed his cigarette down on his ashtray and proceeded to sit with him on the couch present inside the room.

“It’s been a while, Mr. Wang. How’s business going?” He asked, pouring a small amount of liquor in two glasses. He gave one to Gabriel.

“It’s going well, chairman.” He said, sipping his drink.

“Glad to hear that.” The chairman said. His eyebrows suddenly lit up as if he remembered something. “I’d like to propose something, Mr. Wang.” He said, handing Gabriel a blue folder.

Gabriel scanned it and wow – there were a lot of words. There were three papers inside and he carefully read each one of them and when he reached the second page, he instantaneously closed the folder and placed it down. “What is this, Mr. Kim?”

“It’s business.” Kim Taewoong answered nonchalantly, pouring more liquor on his glass after he gulped it down. Gabriel’s eyes grew wider and he stared at the folder and back to the man in front of him.

“It’s illegal business, Mr. Kim. I can’t sell drugs!” He wailed. Of course, he can’t sell drugs. When he said he wanted to have a business, he didn’t mean this kind of business. He was fine with managing and partnering with the Kims’ businesses but he didn’t like this idea. Not one bit liking it.

Mr. Kim smirked. He almost laughed at the man he’s talking to. “Everyone’s doing it, Mr. Wang. You’re lagging behind already. This will be sure money, Mr. Wang.”

Mr. Wang stood up and practically glared at Mr. Kim. “No, sir. I won’t risk my own reputation and life for this. We could get caught selling this.”

“We wouldn’t.” He said, now lighting up another stick of cigarette. “I’m Kim Taewoong. No one would dare.”

Gabriel shook his head. “It still wouldn’t change what I have in mind, sir.”

“Oh, really?” He smirked. “Even if it involves her?”

Gabriel’s eyebrows furrowed and a few seconds later, he heard the door open and there he saw her.

“Ciara!” He exclaimed. Ciara looked like . She was wasted. Her makeup was smudged and her dress barely covered her body. She looked like she was… .

Gabriel’s eyes widened at the sight of Ciara and immediately grabbed Mr. Kim’s collar. Mr. Kim just laughed.

“What did you do to her!?” He shouted.

The guards were about to take a hold of Gabriel but their boss stopped them. “Relax, Gabriel. It’s just starting.”

“Why are you grabbing me into this ?”

Taewoong released himself from Gabriel’s grasp. “Once you enter my world, you wouldn’t be able to find your way out.” He straightened his suit. “The contract’s on the table. Think, Gabriel. Or your sister would experience more than this.” He said and walked out of the room.

Gabriel immediately went to his wasted sister.

“What the hell happened, Ciara?”

His sister didn’t answer and passed out. Gabriel carried her towards his car and sent her home. He stayed with her the whole night. He has to take care of his sister. Especially now that she needs him the most and her life’s in great danger.

He has to be on her side this time especially when he left her for five years to be with another family.

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was then again enjoying the rest of the days before his high school life starts. He went to the most well-known club in Seoul, Club Zeus. When he came back to Seoul, he researched about the clubs surrounding Seoul and he came to find Club Zeus. They say it’s Seoul’s finest club.

He was on his fifth glass when he felt someone sit beside him. He chose to ignore it and watched the people on the dance floor.

He was feeling a bit tipsy but he can still function well. He then felt a whisper on his ear.

“Alone?”

He looked to his right and he saw a very, very familiar face next to his. They were an inch apart and if anyone of them moves, they could kiss right then and there.

Kyungsoo didn’t know how to respond. Of course, it had to be the person he despises the most. He knew he had to act natural so he thought of revenge.

“Pretty much.” He replied nonchalantly. He even surprised himself at how natural he sounded.

The boy nodded. “You are?”

Kyungsoo looked at him. “Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.” He introduced. The boy’s eyebrows furrowed at the introduction but shrugged it away. Kyungsoo knew he was trying to remember where he heard that name.

“I’m—“ The boy was about to introduce himself when Kyungsoo cut him off. “Kim Jongin. Of course.”

Jongin was in a state of shock when Kyungsoo mentioned his name. “Glad you know me.” He replied.

Kyungsoo smirked and went back to sipping his drink. Jongin just looked at him. “Want me to buy you a drink?”

From the looks of it, Kyungsoo knew Jongin was starting to flirt with him but he chose to ignore it. He has to play hard to get. He needs to get his revenge on Jongin. He wants to take Jongin down. You could say he’s basically cheating on Jake but to hell with it. Kyungsoo’s too drunk on having his revenge.

“No thanks. I can buy my own drink. I wouldn’t be here if I don’t have my money, right?” Kyungsoo answered, practically embarrassing Jongin. But Jongin was having none of it. He’d prefer the challenge anyway.

“Of course.” Jongin said. “But I insist.” He added, ordering one of the best cocktails in the club. He gave it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo stared at it and gulped his last shot before gulping the drink Jongin gave him. It was good, Kyungsoo thought.

“Haven’t seen you around here before.” Jongin stated, drinking his first glass.

The smaller boy nodded. “Really?” He answered and Jongin missed the sarcasm on his voice. So you haven’t seen me around, huh. “I just came from the States.”

Jongin was surprised to hear that. “Oh really?” He smirked.

A few moments later, both were already engaged in a conversation. Jongin was on his sixth glass while Kyungsoo can’t count how many drinks he drank. Kyungsoo felt the alcohol slowly consuming him but he didn’t care. They already moved from the bartending area to one of the cushions (or whatever you call it) and there they continued their conversation. An hour later and both were on an intimate position. Jongin’s arm was wrapped around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, legs tangled with each other and Kyungsoo was drawing patterns on Jongin’s chest using his finger.

It’s already past midnight and people were still on it. Some were still dancing on the dance floor, some were drinking and some already left. Jongin and Kyungsoo were still talking until Kyungsoo had to leave because Minsoo called him.

Jongin was somehow disappointed. Kyungsoo just laughed at him. It kind of reminds him of Jake since the both of them also met at a club back in the States. The both stood up, Jongin’s arm around Kyungsoo’s waist. “See you around?” Jongin said. He stared at Kyungsoo, waiting for his answer but instead of answering, Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin’s neck and kissed him. Jongin was caught off guard but he eventually returned the kiss. Jongin’s left arm travelled down to Kyungsoo’s , squeezing it. Kyungsoo let out a breathy moan. Jongin was definitely because of that. Jongin thought he’d be able to get it tonight because they were practically grinding on each other, but his hopes immediately shattered when Kyungsoo broke the kiss. Kyungsoo smirked at Jongin’s disappointed face and kissed him one last time before leaving. “Yeah, see you around.” He said.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: Aaaaand finally a KaiSoo moment. XD Sorry for JakeSoo shippers. :D

They finally saw each other after a year or so. Hahahaha. But Jongin doesn't recognize Kyungie. Sooo... XD

Stay tuned for the next chapters. Warning: Slow updates. Lol. Sorry 'bout that. I'm not really feeling well but I'm trying my hardest to update. .__.

It's funny, though. XD This story has a JakeSoo shipper, ChanSoo shippers and a ChanyeolxMino shipper. XD

Thank you for commenting, upvoting and subscribing! Saranghae, readers. 

 

-moonlightbutterfly