Seventeen.

Because of You [HIATUS]

“Wait. So eomma and appa are staying?” Kyungsoo asked, halfway through the living room.

 

“Yes. Now hurry.” Minsoo said, dragging their all their luggage.

 

“Why?”

 

“Business, remember?”

 

“Oh. Yeah.”

 

“Now, come on. We’re going to be late.”

 

Kyungsoo rushed towards the door, wearing his shoes.

He stood up and straightened his shirt.

 

“Where are they?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“They’re at the airport. Gosh. Too many questions.” Minsoo said.

 

“Why are they there when we are still here?”

 

“Because they want to. Now move! Come on!” Minsoo said. He placed all their belongings at the back of the cab and they headed off to the airport.

~~

Despite the cold weather and yeah, it’s still early, there were pretty much numerous people in the airport.

Kyungsoo and Minsoo scanned the place and soon rushed towards their parents, dragging their luggage along.

 

“Eomma. Appa.” Kyungsoo called.

 

Mrs. Do smiled. “You two take care of yourselves, okay?”

 

“I’ll still be the one doing all the ‘taking care’.” Minsoo said, playfully rolling his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo lightly slapped his hyung’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t leave your brother alone. It’s his first time in a different country.” Mr. Do reminded.

 

“Ye, appa.” Minsoo promised.

 

“I’m not a baby.” Kyungsoo frowned.

 

“Oh yeah?” Minsoo teased.

 

The family’s remaining time was interrupted when the intercom sounded, saying something about the flight, which both brothers are in, taking off in 20 minutes.

 

“You two go along.” Mr. Do said, helping his sons.

 

“We’re leaving.” Kyungsoo said, leaning in to kiss his mother on the cheek. Minsoo also did the same.

 

“Okay. Be safe.” Mrs. Do said, smiling as she watched both of her sons walk towards the gate.

 

Kyungsoo looked back once more and waved to his parents while his did the same.

 

Once Kyungsoo and Minsoo were settled inside the plane, Kyungsoo closed his eyes and released a deep breath.

 

“Sup?” Minsoo asked.

 

“I just wished for a safe trip.” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

“You worry too much.” Minsoo ruffled his hair. “Are you hungry?”

 

“Nope.” Kyungsoo said. “I’ll just sleep for a while.”

 

“Okay.” Minsoo smiled.

~~

Despite the cold weather, Byun Baekhyun woke up too early than his typical waking time.

Usually, at times like this, he would still be buried under his covers.

But today is special.

Because it’s his and Chanyeol’s anniversary.

He rushed downstairs towards the kitchen.

Lights are still off when he came down so he presumed his mom is still sleeping.

He grabbed the apron and started gathering ingredients for his recipe.

He’s making spaghetti. It’s one of Chanyeol’s favorites.

Then he’ll also make his version of kimbap.

He started preheating the casserole and started chopping stuffs.

 

“Up so early?” A female voice said, making Baekhyun jump a bit.

 

“Eomma! You scared me.” Baekhyun said, holding onto his chest.

 

“Well you scared me. I thought someone broke into our house.” Mrs. Byun said.

 

“What kind of thief would rob a house at five in the morning and cook in the kitchen?”

 

“Whatever.” His mom said. “You’re not usually up at this time.”

 

“Well today is an exception. I’m going to Chanyeol’s.” Baekhyun said gleefully.

 

Mrs. Byun raised an eyebrow. He walked near the kitchen’s divider to look at the calendar.

Immediately her face brightened.

 

“Oh! It’s your anniversary!” Mrs. Byun said excitedly.

 

Baekhyun just nodded. He really liked his mom. She’s very supportive. When he first told his mom that he was gay and he was seeing Chanyeol, he expected his mom to be disgusted or to disown him. But instead, he received a loud laugh from his mother while saying, “I have been waiting for this day.” It was weird, really.

 

“You could’ve told me last night. I would’ve woke up early to help you prepare.” Mrs. Byun said, grabbing an apron and helping his son prepare the food.

 

“I’m starting to think you’re having an affair with my boyfriend. You’re more excited.” Baekhyun playfully glared at his mother in which she responded with sticking her tongue out.

 

Baekhyun and his mom were just like best friends. Baekhyun tells everything to his mom and vice versa.

Ever since Baekhyun’s dad left them, Baekhyun felt the need to protect his mother.

Even though they treat each other like they’re on the same age, Baekhyun still doesn’t forget his manners and how to respect his mother.

 

“Chanyeol should be the one coming here. Not the other way around.” His mom commented.

 

“We’re both boys. It’s not a big deal.”

 

“Well, it is. In this relationship, it’s pretty obvious you’re the girl.”

 

“What!? No, I am not!”

 

“Yeah? You really look like the person to be in the bottom.” Mrs. Byun wiggled her eyebrows, teasing his now blushing son.

 

“Eomma!” Baekhyun exclaimed and lightly slapped his mother on the arm.

 

“Okay. Okay.” Mrs. Byun laughed.

 

It was 7:30 am when the both of them finished cooking.

Baekhyun’s original plan was just to cook spaghetti and kimbap.

But thanks to his mother, he’s now bringing almost 8 lunchboxes, not including the side dishes.

 

Baekhyun’s standing in front of his full length mirror, straightening his dress shirt and styling his hair.

He needs to look good today.

When he thought he looks good enough, he smiled and went out of his room.

His lunchboxes are already waiting in the coffee table and all he needs to do is wear his sneakers.

He grabbed his lunchboxes and bid his mom goodbye.

 

The ride towards Chanyeol’s house wasn’t that long for the food to become cold.

When he arrived at Chanyeol’s front porch, he saw his boyfriend’s father outside, sitting, reading a newspaper and sipping his coffee.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Park.” Baekhyun greeted and bowed politely.

 

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah.” Mr. Park said, adjusting his glasses. “What brings you here at this early hour?”

 

“Is Chanyeol inside?” Baekhyun asked, even though the answer is pretty much obvious.

 

“Yes. Yes. Just come in. I think he’s still asleep.” Mr. Park said.

 

“Would you like some of these?” Baekhyun offered, raising his lunchboxes.

 

“No. No, I’m fine. I know it’s for Chanyeol.” Mr. Park said. Soon afterwards, a grin was plastered on his face. “Now that I think of it, I think I know what day is today. I remember Chanyeol marking this date on the calendar with a red marker.”

 

Baekhyun blushed at that. Like his mother, both Chanyeol’s parents are also supportive of their relationship.

It wasn’t because their parents are friends or because they’re elite.

It was because they believe that their sons’ happiness are also their happiness.

 

“Go on and wake him up. Aish, that sleepyhead.” Mr. Park said, shaking his head.

 

“Okay. Thank you, Mr. Park.” Baekhyun bowed once more before walking inside the house.

 

When Baekhyun entered the house, he was greeted with a big, warm hug.

 

“Happy anniversary to you!” A female voice greeted, making Baekhyun chuckle.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Park.” Baekhyun smiled, releasing from the hug.

 

“I think Chanyeol’s still sleeping his off. But he didn’t forget about this day. He’s preparing for this since last week.” Mrs. Park said.

 

“What?”

 

“Oops.” Mrs. Park chuckled. “Go ahead. Cold food is not that good to eat.”

 

Baekhyun was flustered but he just obliged.

Out of habit, ha directly went inside Chanyeol’s bedroom.

There he saw his giant sleeping peacefully while hugging a Rilakkuma bear.

Baekhyun smiled and went towards his boyfriend.

 

“Ya.” Baekhyun said and poked his cheek.

 

Chanyeol stirred but didn’t wake up.

Baekhyun pouted but soon he chuckled.

 

“Ya! Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun said and shook him.

 

Chanyeol stirred again and slowly opened his eyes.

 

“Happy anniversary!” Baekhyun exclaimed joyfully, making his eyes form crescent shapes.

 

Chanyeol’s still not able to process what’s happening.

He rubbed his eyes.

 

“Wake up, yoda!” Baekhyun chuckled and kissed his boyfriend.

 

He should’ve done that earlier because it was successful to wake his lover up.

 

“Happy anniversary.” Baekhyun repeated.

 

“Happy anniversary.” Chanyeol greeted back, holding Baekhyun’s face with both of his hands and planted a kiss on his lips.

 

Baekhyun broke the kiss first and dragged his lunchboxes onto Chanyeol’s bed.

 

“Eat.” Baekhyun said, grabbing the chopsticks he prepared and taking some of the food into Chanyeol’s mouth. “My mom helped me prepare this.”

 

“Mmm.” Chanyeol nodded his head back in forth in delight. “It’s delicious. Thanks, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun smiled.

Then Chanyeol snatched the chopsticks from his hand and proceeded to feed Baekhyun.

Baekhyun declined at first but Chanyeol was so insistent that he ate one-fourth of what he prepared.

 

“Let’s go.” Chanyeol said when he finished all the food.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m going to take a shower then we’ll leave.” Chanyeol smiled, standing up and walking to the bathroom.

 

Baekhyun didn’t have the chance to respond to that because Chanyeol already closed the door behind him.

After 30 minutes, Chanyeol walked out of the bathroom with only one towel covering his lower body.

Baekhyun face flushed and shifted his gaze somewhere.

Chanyeol noticed it of course.

 

“Hey Baek.” Chanyeol called.

 

“W-What?” Baekhyun stammered. .

 

“Baek.” Chanyeol called again in a teasing tone, walking towards Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun glared at him. “I swear, Park Chanyeol. Don’t come near me or I’ll seriously break your neck.”

 

“Fine! Fine. Gosh, how come you don’t react like this to Jongin.” Chanyeol laughed and dressed himself. “You can look now. I’m not anymore.”

 

“I don’t care.” Baekhyun said and went to the door. “I’ll be downstairs. Hurry.”

 

“Okay.” Chanyeol smiled. Ahh, ByunBaek you’re so cute.

~~

Kyungsoo squirmed in his seat.

He’s sweating like he’s being microwaved.

 

“Ah!” He exclaimed.

 

Minsoo abruptly woke up to check his younger brother.

He was surprised to see the state his brother is in.

 

“Kyungie? Kyungie!” Minsoo shook Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo immediately woke up.

 

“H-Hyung.” He cried.

 

Minsoo scooted closer to hug his beloved brother.

There he is again, crying.

 

“Stop crying.” Minsoo comforted, running his hands through Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

Just then, Kyungsoo jolted out from his head.

 

“Chanyeol!” He exclaimed.

 

Minsoo raised an eyebrow.

 

“I haven’t told Chanyeol! And Baekhyunnie!” He exclaimed, sending his eyes to grow bigger.

 

“Lower your voice.” Minsoo said. “Eomma and appa will take care of them, okay? Stop worrying.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and sighed. I have a lot of explaining to do when I come back.

 

 

 


A/N: UPDATE! XDDD Woooh. As promised. :D

Guyth, I really had fun reading your comments. It really made me smile. Thank you. ♥♥♥

And a million thanks to those who supported this story. ;)))

Saranghae~ ♥