Five.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Students at school are busy chatting about the upcoming party at Sehun’s house. Usually, their group holds a party before and after an examination. And this time, the group has decided to hold it at Sehun’s place.

 

It’s an open invitation so obviously anyone could come. Of course students would come. Who wouldn’t? Being invited to one of the school’s most ‘well-known’ dude would be an honor.

 

But for Kyungsoo, it’s just a waste of time.

 

He spent his time studying, not really caring if students talk about what they should do to the party, what they should wear and etcetera.

 

“Eonni, what should I wear?” A girl who Kyungsoo guessed is just around his age, asked another girl, in whom Kyungsoo assumed was a ninth grader.

 

“Maybe we should wear something revealing. Maybe they’ll notice us.” The ninth grader girl replied.

 

Kyungsoo grimaced at their conversation.

 

Gosh they’re in middle school and middle school-ers act like they’re in high school.

 

Kyungsoo just sighed.

 

Kids these days.

 

Chanyeol must’ve noticed the way Kyungsoo reacts and asked him a sudden question. “You alright?”

 

Kyungsoo slightly nodded. “Are you going to the party?”

 

“Yeah. I have to. I have to lookout for Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said. He groaned a little and Kyungsoo just gave him an apologetic smile.

 

Kyungsoo already knew what’s happening between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He now knows why Baekhyun is always on Jongin’s side. Because he is Jongin boy toy.

 

Kyungsoo knows that Jongin is just using Baekhyun for ual desires. For pleasure. For release.

 

Kyungsoo felt bad and embarrassed at the same time.

 

He felt bad because Chanyeol has to deal with it everytime (not that he knows that his life will be in danger once Baekhyun leaves Jongin). Kyungsoo doesn’t even know how Chanyeol puts up with him, but he didn’t ask anyway. He noticed how Chanyeol avoided the topic.

 

“Do you regret being with him?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“If there’s anything that I regret, it’s me not being born as a dinosaur.” Chanyeol said and the both of them burst out in laughter.

 

That’s how Chanyeol avoided the topic.

 

And Kyungsoo felt embarrassed because he almost ran into Jongin and Baekhyun’s mating (not really mating because they’re both dudes) rituals. When Chanyeol explained what he heard earlier, Kyungsoo’s eyes grew wider and wider and his face was as red as a tomato. He really thanked Chanyeol for preventing him seeing that.

 

His precious, eyes and soul would be tainted if ever.

 

Kyungsoo remembered how Baekhyun moaned and he felt uneasy so he shook his head violently.

 

Chanyeol noticed and placed his palm on top of Kyungsoo’s head to stop the shaking.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo looked at him and just shook his head. A little gentle this time.

 

“You should come with me to the party.” Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo just gave him a what-are-you-saying look.

 

“What? It’ll be fun. Well, I guess not entirely fun because Jongin is there but at least go, right? For experience.” Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo just continued studying as if indicating that he’s not interested. While others are partying and getting drunk until early in the morning, he’s in his room preparing for the exams. At least he’s getting eye bags because of studying. Not partying.

 

But Chanyeol wouldn’t stop. He wants his best friend to come. “Oh come on, Kyung.”

 

“No, Yeol. That’s a waste of time.” Kyungsoo rejected.

 

Chanyeol pouted.

 

A girl interrupted their conversation even before Chanyeol could speak.

 

“Yeah. It would be a waste of time for him. Even though it’s an open invitation, freaks like him can’t come into Sehun oppa’s house.”

 

Kyungsoo remembers her.

 

Ciara Wang.

 

She’s actually Chinese-Australian. Kyungsoo had a crush on her before but he then realized how stupid he was for having a crush on a girl like her.

 

Kyungsoo unconsciously clutched his pen tightly.

 

Chanyeol placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder as if indicating that he got this and stood up. Ciara found him very intimidating in this view because Chanyeol was just in front of him.

 

“You could get kicked out of this school in just a minute.” Chanyeol said in a relaxed voice that slightly scared the girl in front of him.

 

“You can’t do that. My dad invested too much money on this school.” Ciara defended confidently (even though on the inside she was really intimidated).

 

“Oh really? Well that’s too bad. Wouldn’t he be disappointed if he found out his ‘little princess’ switching other people’s exam papers and bringing an extra sheet with answers during exams? I guess he wouldn’t since he invested too much money in this school. It’s just sad because it will be all for nothing. From what I know, no one is exempted in school policies even if you’re the daughter of the president.” Chanyeol stated.

 

Kyungsoo felt the girl froze and he saw Chanyeol smirk.

 

“H-How did y-you know?” Ciara muttered almost inaudibly but Chanyeol heard it nonetheless.

 

Chanyeol just patted her shoulder and said, “Don’t regret what you did. Regret because you weren’t born a ninja.” He snickered. “Leave before I report you to the office.”

 

Ciara left, her face white courtesy of fear. Her friends followed her, rubbing her back and asking if she’s okay.

 

Chanyeol seems satisfied with what he did so he sat once again and Kyungsoo just looked at him.

 

“What?” Chanyeol said, raising an eyebrow.

 

“You shouldn’t do that to a girl.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Look at you. There’s no gender when it comes to things like this.” Chanyeol said.

 

Kyungsoo just shrugged and returned to what he was doing earlier.

 

~~

 

Kyungsoo was at his locker when Chanyeol barged in, panting.

 

Kyungsoo immediately rushed to his aid when Chanyeol sat down.

 

“What’s with you? Why are you running?” Kyungsoo immediately asked, handing Chanyeol his bottle of water.

 

“Thanks.” Chanyeol gulped the water in one go. “I was looking for you. It’s not really urgent but I want to find you as soon as possible.” He said.

 

“I can’t go home with you today. It’s my sister’s engagement party today and I totally forgot! I haven’t even picked up my suit yet. I’m so sorry Kyungie. I’ll go home with you tomorrow. Promise!” Chanyeol blabbered.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. “It’s okay, Yeol. It’s not a big deal. Go on. Your family might be waiting.”

 

“Thank you. Thank you.” Chanyeol said and hugged Kyungsoo before he left.

 

Kyungsoo just smiled. Remind me again how I became friends with this giant?

 

Kyungsoo walked out of the campus and out of the school gates. He clutched the straps of his bag pack and strolled peacefully, just taking in the surroundings he grew fond of.

 

He found the road to be empty, free of people and cars. So he departed the sidewalk and opted for the road.

 

He walked freely like a child walking alone for the first time.

 

He was so engrossed in his own world that he didn’t hear a car coming.

 

When he faced the other side, his eyes grew wider and he froze.

 

He almost got hit by a car.

 

He was just an inch away from it.

 

“Oops.” The driver of the car said and chuckled evilly.

 

.

 

Kyungsoo almost cried because he almost died.

 

Remind me to never stay away from the sidewalk again.

 

“It’s a good thing that I stopped the car before it hit you. I don’t want your filthy blood all over my car.” Jongin said and caressed the front of his car.

 

Kyungsoo felt his blood boil and he clenched his hand tightly.

 

Jongin noticed it.

 

“You’re going to hit me? Go on.” Jongin challenged.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to but he chose not to. It would be childish. He didn’t want to step down Jongin’s level.

 

He dropped his clenched fist and sighed. He was about to leave when Jongin spoke.

 

“Oh yeah. Come to the party. It’ll be fun. For me at least.” He smirked.

 

Jongin went back to his car and drove all the way out of Kyungsoo’s sight.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to punch himself for not being able to speak up. This time, he wants to stand up for himself.

 

Challenge accepted, Kim Jongin.

 

 


A/N: Again, thank you for those who subscribed. :) And I'm so disheartened by the issue. Not because Baekhyun and Taeyeon started dating but because SM freakin' used Baekhyun and Taeyeon to cover their other issues. -____- Okaybye.