Twenty Three.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Kyungsoo was late on the first day of school. Minsoo had to practically drag him out of his bed to send him to school. When the small male arrived there, students already dispersed, going to their respective homerooms. Kyungsoo, despite being five minutes late, took his time going towards his room. He wasn’t afraid of being late. He just wasn’t. Not like before.

Going to his homeroom was easy, thanks to Mino’s tour the last time. The classroom door was closed, and Kyungsoo could see his homeroom teacher inside, probably discussing things that should be discussed during first days.

He knocked twice, successfully grabbing all of their attention towards the door. Kyungsoo carefully opened it, slowly but confidently walking inside. The teacher was there, ready to scold the boy for being late during the first day but thought otherwise as she recognized the male standing in front of her and in front of the students.

“Do Kyungsoo?” The teacher said, smiling as she did so. Kyungsoo smiled back and bowed, muttering a ‘sorry’ for being late during the first day of school. The teacher said it was okay and proceeded to introduce the student in class. “This is Do Kyungsoo. He’s the student who garnered the highest marks during the online entrance examination.”

The students’ mouth formed an ‘o’ shape, seemingly amazed at Kyungsoo. But somewhere inside the room, two heads whipped up, gaping at the student standing in front. Mino was surprised to know that the person he helped just last last week was his classmate. Baekhyun, on the other hand, has his jaw on the ground. To say he was shocked was an understatement, because he was more than shocked. Wow, he thought, he changed a lot. Like, a lot. He saw Kyungsoo bow, before proceeding to an empty seat – which later on he realized was behind him. Baekhyun wanted to talk to him now, but he figured it would have to wait until break time.

 

 

During lunch, Baekhyun couldn’t help but jump onto Kyungsoo as he pulled him for a hug. Kyungsoo just chuckled at Baekhyun’s excitement, returning the hug his friend gave. They both stood outside their classroom. Baekhyun was at loss for words because the guy changed a lot. He didn’t know where to start.

“Ohmygod, you changed a lot.” Baekhyun said, scanning Kyungsoo from the top to the bottom. Kyungsoo chuckled. “You look stunning! Is this what the States did to you? I should probably go there.” Baekhyun joked, making the both of them laugh. They both walked towards the cafeteria, ordering their lunch and sat on their lunch table, talking a lot. Like, a lot. They need a lot of catching up. Kyungsoo then learnt how both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were distressed at his sudden departure and how Chanyeol blamed Jongin for it. Kyungsoo just snorted, imagining Jongin being sprawled on the floor due to Chanyeol’s strong blow. In the midst of their talking, Kyungsoo suddenly recognized a tall man from the entrance of the cafeteria. His eyes widened and his face immediately broke into a grin. Baekhyun noticed how Kyungsoo’s expression changed and immediately looked at the direction Kyungsoo was looking. Baekhyun’s eyes widened, his entire system immediately cowering when he saw Chanyeol.

Baekhyun almost beheaded his friend when he decided to call the tall man. Kyungsoo started yelling Chanyeol’s name, effectively making the said boy whip his head around their direction. Chanyeol’s brows furrowed, confused as to why a new faced student was calling him. He told his friends to go ahead, that he needed to pass by a table. When he was nearing the table of the boy who called him, his confusion turned into annoyance after seeing Baekhyun with the boy. He thought that maybe the boy called him because of Baekhyun. Still, that didn’t stop him from going towards their table.

He noticed the sweet, heart-shaped smile radiating from the boy’s mouth as he stood beside their table. Chanyeol noticed the smile to be familiar. He looked down on him, ignoring Baekhyun who was fidgeting in his seat. The boy who called him stood up, the smile still on his face.

“Chanyeol.” He said and Chanyeol was surprised at how natural it felt. Like this boy had been calling his name for years already. Chanyeol tried to be polite, offering the boy a small smile and quirking up his brows in a questioning manner.

“Yes, hello. I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said, offering his hand to the boy and the latter gladly accepted it. Again, Chanyeol felt nostalgic at the touch. “What can I help you, um…?” He said, leaving his question hanging because he was waiting for the boy to say his name.

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows and slapped Chanyeol lightly in the arm. “Hey. Don’t tell me you don’t recognize me,” He pouted which made Chanyeol confused even more.

Chanyeol paused for a while, obviously clueless as to who this person is standing in front of him. His brows furrowed even more, trying to decipher who really is this guy. The boy’s height seemed familiar, he thought, and everything about him is also familiar. When the boy smiled again, that’s when Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“Kyungsoo!?” He exclaimed. Kyungsoo chuckled and immediately pulled him into a hug. “Channie! I missed you!”

Chanyeol was practically lifting Kyungsoo up, wrapping his arms around him and he still couldn’t believe that his best friend is in front of him. “Oh god I missed you too.”

They released themselves from the hug, Chanyeol backing away a bit to take a good look at his best friend. “Wow. You changed a lot.” He said, unknowingly repeating Baekhyun’s words earlier. Kyungsoo chuckled, slipping back into the seat where he sat earlier beside Baekhyun. Chanyeol then slipped on the chair in front of them. Kyungsoo remembered that Baekhyun was still with them and with his elbow, he nudged him lightly in the arm. Baekhyun looked up from his hands and gave Kyungsoo a hesitant smile.

“What’s with you?” Kyungsoo asked, loud enough for both ex-lovers to hear. Chanyeol tried to show that he wasn’t affected by his ex-boyfriend’s sudden attitude while Baekhyun just silently shook his head. Kyungsoo just shrugged, thinking that maybe it was nothing. But then, he suddenly opened a topic that made him a total .

“How is your relationship going?” He asked, taking a big bite of his sandwich.

They – Chanyeol and Baekhyun – both froze. They both looked at each other and when their eyes met, Baekhyun immediately looked away while Chanyeol’s hard stare remained. Kyungsoo noticed the tension between them. He quieted, slowly realizing that a lot changed while he was away, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun was a part of that change.

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo said lowly, feeling apologetic for bringing up such a sensitive topic. He felt Baekhyun and Chanyeol sigh before they both muttered a small ‘it’s okay’ which made the situation even more awkward. Chanyeol noticed how Baekhyun was in the brink of tears, and he didn’t want that. He decided to leave the table and just talk to his best friend later. When he decided to stand up, that’s when his blood started to boil because fck. Why did he have to show up at this time!?

“Hey there!” A familiar voice suddenly said, making the group turn around to see where the voice came from. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, while Chanyeol’s eyes remained stern.

“Oh, hey there Park.” Jongin greeted, his natural smug smile present on his face. Chanyeol wanted to punch him right then and there. Jongin then turned to the two boys sitting in the table and his eyes widened in surprise after seeing the man he met at the club just a few weeks ago.

“Kyungsoo, right? I knew I’d see you again.” Jongin threw him a wink. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes which made Jongin laugh. Baekhyun and Chanyeol threw Kyungsoo a look – a look where they were asking for an explanation. Kyungsoo just shrugged, indicating for them to let it go. He didn’t seem afraid like he was a year ago, and both ex-lovers thought it was relieving.

“I see you’re hitting on the new kid, Park? And in front of your ex-lover?” Jongin shot and laughed venomously, making Chanyeol’s insides burn with anger. He wanted to punch him, but he tried so hard to keep himself from causing a scene.

“Jongin, please,” Baekhyun said, shutting his eyes. Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun stood up after realizing the tension built between the two tall men.

“What?” Jongin said, raising an eyebrow as if he’s challenging Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s fist shook, ready to throw a punch when Kyungsoo took hold of it.

“Chanyeol, no.” Kyungsoo said calmly, effectively calming Chanyeol down. Chanyeol rubbed his eyebrows and sighed.

Jongin shrugged. “Let’s go, Baek. I want you to do something for me.” That surely made Chanyeol’s anger come back, and from the look on Baekhyun’s face, he wanted to pull his ex-lover back in his arms. Even though they already broke up, they couldn’t deny that their feelings for each other are still present.

“But Jongin—“

“Let’s go.” Jongin said with full authority, which left Baekhyun no choice. He followed Jongin with his head down, eyes downcast and shoulders slumped. He gave Chanyeol one last apologetic look before he was being dragged by Jongin by the waist. He saw how Baekhyun tried to get away from Jongin but the latter kept him still.

When the two were out of sight, Chanyeol grumbled in frustration and kicked the lunch table, causing the soda bottles sitting atop the table to fall. He ruffled his hair and glared at the direction where his ex-boyfriend and Jongin disappeared to. Kyungsoo slowly rubbed his back, attempting to calm him down. When he did, they both returned back to their classrooms.

 

All four of them – Kyungsoo, Jongin, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun – had a hard time focusing on class that time. Well, Jongin never really paid attention but he found himself thinking of ways to hang out with Kyungsoo again, Kyungsoo thinking of possible ways to get his revenge on Jongin, Baekhyun thinking how to get rid of Jongin and Chanyeol thinking of how to get Baekhyun back again.

 

 

 

 


A/N: OMG GUYS AN UPDATE! ㅠㅠ I'm sorry it took so long. I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting. This is probably a lame update but at least an update, right? ㅠㅠ

I'll finish this as soon as possible. I think I would have to fast forward this to the boys' graduation or something. I have to get to the main plot immediately. Huhu.

Warning: Slow updates. (AGAIN ㅠㅠ)

Anyways, thank you for continuously subscribing. Let me hug you guys. ㅠㅠ

 

-moonlightbutterfly