Six-1.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Chanyeol rejoiced in happiness when he heard his beloved best friend coming to the party. At first he couldn’t believe it because you know; Kyungsoo is not a party person.

 

“What made you go to the party anyway?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I just want to, you know. Experience what it’s like to party. Like you told me.” Kyungsoo reasoned.

 

He didn’t tell Chanyeol his encounter with Jongin the other day. Chanyeol would most probably hit Jongin if he hears that.

 

“When is it again?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“This Saturday.” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Aren’t people going to cram on that? I mean, Monday is the exam date and y’know, they’ll- I mean, we’ll only have one day to study.”

 

“We won’t have time to study after the party, Kyung. All of the people there will get wasted. Hangover will possess you. That’s why we are studying right now.” Chanyeol said.

 

Kyungsoo shivered at the thought of getting a hangover. Isn’t that a bit of a bother? Kyungsoo promised himself to never drink anything with alcohol content when he gets there.

 

--

 

It was 8:00 am on a Saturday morning. It was peaceful when he woke up, which was a first time. Usually when he wakes up, both his parents are fighting in front of the food.

 

It was disrespectful but Kyungsoo got tired to even care.

 

So when he went downstairs to eat his breakfast, he saw his mother and father on the table, talking about something. It wasn’t odd. But what shocked him was that the both of them were laughing.

 

They’re…laughing?

 

“What’s with you two?” Kyungsoo asked as he sat on the chair, adjacent to his father’s.

 

“Here.” His father said, handing him a white box.

 

Kyungsoo took it and opened it immediately. His eyes widened at the sight.

 

A new…phone? Okay what is happening with the world today?

 

“What’s this?” Kyungsoo said, eyeing his parents.

 

“It’s a phone, luh.” His mom laughed.

 

His mom laughed.

 

His mom laughed.

 

Mom.

 

Laughed.

 

OH HOLY GRACIOUSNESS LET US REJOICE!

 

“Of course I know. What I mean is why are you giving me this? You could have just brought a sack of rice instead of this phone.” Kyungsoo said, assembling the box back to its original state.

 

“Kyungsoo, dear, have you forgotten again? It’s your birthday.” His dad sighed.

 

“It is!?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more. It’s my birthday? What date is it today?

 

“Why don’t you assemble that phone of yours because Minsoo might be calling soon.” His dad added.

 

Minsoo hyung? O__O

 

“Hyung!? Why?”

 

“He has something to tell you. He wants to tell you the big news instead.” His mom smiled.

 

Big news? Whaaat?

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Turn on your phone first. Minsoo might be calling anytime now.” His mom urged.

 

Few minutes later, his phone rang.

 

It was an unknown number but Kyungsoo already knew who it is.

 

“Hyung!?” Kyungsoo exclaimed excitedly.

 

[Oh! Kyungie-ah! Happy Birthday!]

 

“Hyung! Thank you!”

 

[Sorry. Can’t come home this month. I’m busy with something.]

 

“Like always.” Minsoo knew there was pout thrown in there. “Why did eomma and appa brought me a new phone? My old phone still functions anyway.”

 

[I told them to buy you a new phone. Your old phone is very ugly, by the way. Not suitable for your age.] He heard his hyung laugh.

 

“But it still functions! That’s more important.”

 

[Kyungie, you don’t have to worry anymore. We can buy as many phones as you want.]

 

“What?” Kyungsoo was confused.

 

[Kyungie, we’re back in business! Appa helped me. Our business expanded and here we are now.] Minsoo chuckled. [I can’t come home because I’m busy with some stuff here. Appa and eomma are also helping me.]

 

“WHAT?”

 

Processing…

 

“How did… when… WAIT! How will you do that?”

 

[We already have connections, Kyungie. We even talked to Chanyeol’s father.]

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

 

They were close to being... wealthy?

 

“Really?” Was all Kyungsoo could say.

 

Minsoo chuckled from the other line. [Yes, Kyungie. Oh yeah, I have to go now. I promise I’ll go home soon, okay? I love you!]

 

Minsoo ended the call. Kyungsoo looked at his parents who were looking at him with bright eyes.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know what had gotten into him that he hugged his parents tightly.

 

This is the best birthday ever.

 

 


A/N: lol what am I writing XD thanks for the subs anyway. mehehe. ^___________^