Sixteen.

Because of You [HIATUS]

It was Saturday evening when Mr. and Mrs. Do rushed up to Kyungsoo’s room after hearing a thundering scream.

When they opened the door, Kyungsoo was in his bed, crying while hugging his knees.

Mrs. Do hurried to him and hugged her beloved son.

She rubbed soothing circles in her son’s back.

Mrs. Do looked at her husband and nodded her head as if indicating something.

Mr. Do nodded his head back.

A second later, Kyungsoo felt his mother release from the hug.

He didn’t complain but afterwards, he felt another hug.

It must have been his father because Kyungsoo could feel his strong arms.

It wasn’t until he spoke.

 

“I’m here.” He said.

 

Kyungsoo felt more tears coming.

 

“Hyung.” Kyungsoo said. Finally.

 

Kyungsoo wasted no time and draped his arms around his hyung’s neck and hugged him tightly.

Mr. and Mrs. Do left the room to give the two some time.

 

“What happened to you?” Minsoo, his hyung, asked.

 

“I’m scared.” Kyungsoo sobbed.

 

“Why? What happened?” Minsoo asked, cradling his younger brother.

 

“It started when I went to this party-“

 

“You went to a party?”

 

“Yes. And then…”

 

“And then what?”

 

“I don’t know what happened. Everything was a blur. I was drunk and I-“

 

“You got drunk!?”

 

“Chanyeol warned me. But someone handed me a drink and the next thing I knew I was… .” He elaborated, feeling embarrassed.

 

“You’re what!?” Minsoo exclaimed, pushing Kyungsoo a bit so he could look at him.

 

Kyungsoo buried his face in his hyung’s chest, not wanting to respond and feeling guilty and embarrassed.

 

“Who did this?” Minsoo asked, voice filled with rage.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t answer. Saying Jongin’s name felt like cursing.

 

“It doesn’t matter. We’ll leave here, okay? Forget about this place.” Minsoo said.

 

“What?” Kyungsoo replied, rubbing his red and puffy eyes.

 

“We’re going to the States.” Minsoo said.

 

Kyungsoo backed away a bit and looked at his hyung.

 

“What? What about school?”

 

“You’re going to finish middle school in America. We’re leaving tomorrow.”

 

“What!? Tomorrow? But I haven’t even-“

 

“Tomorrow, Kyungsoo. I came here to pick you up. I’ll help you pack your things. We’ll leave first thing in the morning tomorrow. Okay? Don’t worry.” Minsoo said.

 

Kyungsoo could only sigh. Once his hyung decides, it’s final. And he’s pretty sure it’s for his own good too. So who is he to doubt?

He already stopped crying but he was still rubbing his eyes.

Minsoo looked at his brother.

He realized how long he was gone that he didn’t witness his younger brother growing.

He grew taller and he gained weight. The last time he saw him, he was really thin but now he was chubby.

And if he was here, he would’ve protected his brother.

 

“Since when were you back, hyung?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Just this week. I came back for business.”

 

Kyungsoo pouted.

 

“I’m kidding. Of course I came back for my little boy.” Minsoo smiled. He scooted closer to Kyungsoo and draped an arm over his shoulders. Kyungsoo leaned in and placed his head on his hyung’s shoulder.

 

If it weren’t for the surname and the face (because both of them almost looked alike), you could pretty much assume they’re lovers.

Well, Minsoo is taller than Kyungsoo and he really loves his brother so much.

But Minsoo already has a girlfriend. Kyungsoo just still doesn’t know about it yet. He’ll tell him when they arrive to the States.

 

“Move a bit.” Minsoo said. “Mom said nightmares visit you often. I’m going to stay here for the night.”

 

“Will you do the thing you always do when I’m frightened or when I’m having nightmares?” Kyungsoo smiled a bit and looked at his brother hopefully.

 

Minsoo raised an eyebrow, amused. “But you’re grown up now. You were still five at that time.”

 

Kyungsoo pouted for the nth time that night.

 

“Fine! Fine. You really know I can’t resist that face.” Minsoo said in defeat and chuckled afterwards.

 

Kyungsoo also chuckled and the both of them settled under the sheets with Kyungsoo cuddled closer to his older brother.

 

“Do it now.” Kyungsoo said and looked at his hyung.

 

“Do I look like a nightmare?” Minsoo playfully glared at his brother.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled again, half-heartedly. Minsoo noticed the shifting of Kyungsoo’s mood.

 

“No. I just—“

 

“You’re still terrified, aren’t you?” Minsoo asked, serious.

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head and sighed. Yes. Yes, I am. Very.

 

“Stop worrying. I told you I’m here. I won’t leave you. Promise.” Minsoo said.

 

He hugged Kyungsoo tightly and intertwined both of their hands and started rubbing patterns against the back of his palm.

For Kyungsoo, it was pretty much a simple gesture. The one you might see anywhere at any time. But it was the most helpful gesture to him. It helps him clear his mind from things; it helps him calm down.

Soon afterwards, Kyungsoo felt a kiss on his forehead and then he let sleep take over him.

 

 


A/N: Sorry it took so long. .___.

I'm finishing the next chapter so I think it wouldn't take long for me to update. ^^

Thanks people in the universe for subscribing in this story. Mehehehe. :D

Saranghamnida. ;)