Eight.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Sehun and the rest of the gang were puzzled as to where Jongin went off. Earlier he was with them, talking about the main event of the evening.

 

They didn’t agree at first, actually. But since it was Jongin’s birthday, they just played along.

 

They have to find Jongin before the clock strikes 10:30 pm.

 

Sehun and the group searched the house for Jongin and there they saw him walking out of the guest room.

 

Oh there he is.

 

Sehun and Luhan walked up to him. “What happened to you?”

 

Jongin just smirked.

 

“Of course. You don’t have to tell me.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

“Ten minutes ‘til 10:30. Are you sure you still want to do this?” Sehun asked, doubt present in his eyes.

 

“Certainly.” He smirked again.

 

The couple just nodded and proceeded to a room, probably preparing the things they’re going to need.

 

~~

 

Chanyeol was now worrying.

 

After cradling his sleeping boyfriend, he placed him inside a room to search for Kyungsoo.

 

He didn’t go home, did he? He wouldn’t go home without me.

 

He searched the house for Kyungsoo.

 

He searched the pool, the kitchen, the bathroom and all the rooms.

 

And he is down to the last room.

 

The guest room.

 

He slowly opened it, hoping to see his chubby friend there.

 

And his eyes widened even more after he stepped inside.

 

His best friend was there, of course.

 

He was crying and he was….

 

Chanyeol rushed to him and hugged him.

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked, guilt, anger and worry present in his voice.

 

Kyungsoo continued to weep, covering his face with both of his hands.

 

“How did you get here? Who did this?” Chanyeol asked once more only to receive a louder sob as an answer.

 

He rubbed Kyungsoo’s and hugged him tighter.

 

“J-Jong…J-Jongin…” Kyungsoo finally said.

 

After hearing his former friend’s name, Chanyeol instantly became furious.

 

“What did he do, Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked, half-growling.

 

“It was also my fault, Chanyeol. I was drunk and I don’t know what got into me.” He said, still crying.

 

“Why were you drunk!? Didn’t I tell you already!?” Chanyeol exclaimed, making Kyungsoo tremble in his words.

 

“I w-wasn’t d-drinking those w-what you told me not to d-drink. J-Jongin gave me—“

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t able to finish his words when Chanyeol interrupted.

 

“And you fell for it!? Kyungsoo, I thought you’re smart!”

 

“I-I’m sorry. I j-just… I just want to prove to him that I’m not afraid of him. I also want to stand up for myself. I’m sorry! I’m sorry, Yeol.” He cried even harder.

 

Chanyeol then felt remorse after hearing Kyungsoo cry even more. He should comfort him, not to make him cry even more.

 

“I’m sorry for yelling, Kyung.” Chanyeol said. “Stop crying. Come on. Get dressed. I’ll wait outside.” He added and headed out.

 

~~

 

It was 10:27. Three minutes until the said main event. People were still alive, chatting and drinking and dancing like it’s the last party they’ll ever attend. Jongin and the gang were now all prepared. Kyungsoo is the only missing piece left to complete the puzzle.

 

10:28. Kyungsoo went out of the guest room with Chanyeol escorting him throughout the way.

 

Kyungsoo was still trembling.

 

Chanyeol promised Kyungsoo to go home now, as in now, because Kyungsoo is not alright.

 

I shouldn’t have let him attend this party.

 

Chanyeol left Kyungsoo for a second to go back to where Baekhyun is, so he could drive him home.

 

At first Kyungsoo didn’t want Chanyeol to leave him because ‘Jongin might come back for him’, but Chanyeol just assured him that he’ll be back immediately.

 

Kyungsoo was standing where he was standing when he first went inside the house. He was looking down and fear was abundant in his eyes.

 

It wasn’t until a voice, a voice that Kyungsoo despises the most, spoke.

 

“Yes, hello everyone. I hope you’re enjoying the night.” He said. “Of course you’re probably enjoying since it’s my night. I’d like to call on my little friend,” He stopped and searched the room for his little friend and spotted him in just a lapse of time. “Kyungsoo. Come here. To the center.”

 

Kyungsoo was surprised to hear his name being called. He looked up, tears on the corner of his eyes, and saw Jongin’s eyes gazing into his intently.

 

He didn’t move. He was glued to his spot.

 

He wanted to punch Jongin.

 

Especially that smirk on his face.

 

Sehun pushed him when Kyungsoo didn’t move. He was on the center aisle, all eyes on him.

 

Just then, a bucket of water, I mean, a bucket of green paint was poured all over him.

 

Kyungsoo was more shocked.

 

It was hard to register what was happening when Jongin spoke again. “Happy Birthday to me.”

 

He left the mini stage, and the crowd was now bursting out in laughter.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t take any of these.

 

He just stood there and cried.

 

Then he heard a little commotion taking place beside him.

 

Chanyeol. He punched Jongin straight in the face.

 

“What the do you think you’re doing, Jongin!?” He growled. Baekhyun was standing, eyes wide, beside him.

 

Jongin lost his temper and was about to throw a punch to Chanyeol when Baekhyun stopped him.

 

“Jongin, no.” He said.

 

Jongin stood up and wiped the blood on the corner of his lips.

 

“ you, Jongin. you. I hope you die.” He growled once more, dragging a crying and wet Kyungsoo and Baekhyun out of the house.

 

~~

 

“Kyungsoo, are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, wiping Kyungsoo’s eyes with his own handkerchief.

 

Kyungsoo just cried. Too hurt to even respond.

 

“Did you know about this?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, who was sitting on Chanyeol’s bed.

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “So it’s me again? Are you seriously blaming me for all of this, Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. “What? I’m not blaming you, Baek. I was just asking you. Why so defensive?”

 

“Don’t deny me, Park. I know you’ve been blaming me for what’s happening with your stupid replacement.” He shot back.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Baek? I thought we are over this!”

 

“That’s what you thought!”

 

Kyungsoo was sitting awkwardly, still sobbing quietly, guilty that he’s the reason why the couple was fighting.

 

 Baekhyun stood up, heading towards the door.

 

“Where do you think you’re going, Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked, full of authority.

 

Baekhyun scoffed. “Go my replacement, Park. I’m getting out of here.”

 

With that, he left the two other boys in the room.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “So, tell me what happened back there, Kyungie?”

 

Kyungsoo sniffed. “I just lost everything, Yeol. Everything.”

 

Chanyeol was confused at first and when he actually understood what Kyungsoo meant, his hand curled into a fist.

 

“That ing Jongin! I’ll kill that stupid, inhumane !” He roared.

 

Kyungsoo cowered a bit on his friend’s voice.

 

“Sorry.” Chanyeol said when he noticed Kyungsoo’s sudden action. Chanyeol was about to remove Kyungsoo’s shirt when Kyungsoo shivered on his touch.

 

“I-I can d-do it! I m-mean, I’ll d-do it. L-Later.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

Chanyeol nodded. Of course he understood why Kyungsoo was acting like that. He just lost his everything.

 

“Sorry about Baek’s attitude.” Chanyeol sighed for the nth time.

 

“What replacement?” Kyungsoo asked directly.

 

Chanyeol sighed again. “He’s just a jealous diva, Kyung.”

 

“Jealous?” Kyungsoo said. “Then you shouldn’t hang out with me!”

 

“No. Not like that.”

 

“But he’s jealous of us, Yeol. Have you even considered his feelings? Talk to him. He needs you more than I do.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Chanyeol stopped and thought for a while. Yeah. I need to talk to Baekhyun. A real talk.

 

“Go shower and change in the bathroom, Kyung. I’ll take you home afterwards.” He said and gave the clothes Kyungsoo borrowed from him.

 

~~

 

Chanyeol drove Kyungsoo back to his home. They were standing outside Kyungsoo’s house when Chanyeol handed him a box.

 

Kyungsoo was bewildered.

 

“For you.” Chanyeol said. “I’m sorry for what happened to you just this night, Kyungsoo. I shouldn’t have let you go on this stupid party. It ruined your night and it ruined you. I’m sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled lightly. “It’s not your fault, Chanyeol. And you didn’t have to give me a gift because of remorse.”

 

“No.” Chanyeol waved his hands in front of him dismissively. “I mean, I wanted to be the last one to greet you. Save the best for last, right? That way you’ll remember it until you fell asleep.”

 

Kyungsoo just looked at him like he had two heads.

 

Chanyeol leaned in and…

 

*chu~*

 

He placed a chaste kiss on Kyungsoo’s chubby cheeks.

 

“Happy Birthday, Kyungsoo.” He said before going to his car, smiling, leaving a frozen Kyungsoo.

 

 


A/N: Updated! Whoo. Sorry for making you wait (did you even wait? lol) guyth. It was exam week and ugh. XD

 

I hope you like the update. Even though it's lame. Yeah. Lol.

 

Subscribe. Upvote. Thank you. ;)))