Twenty One.

Because of You [HIATUS]

“Stop trembling.” Minsoo said and held his brother’s hand, which he noticed was shaking ever since they got out from the plane. His hands were sweaty and cold and if he didn’t know what’s bothering his younger brother, he could have concluded that he was having hypothermia.

They arrived a few hours ago and they were sitting inside a fancy restaurant. Minsoo decided to grab lunch first before surprising their parents. Minsoo ordered for Kyungsoo because he can’t even choose his desired food properly. Minsoo settled for a pasta since he knew it’s Kyungsoo’s favorite. Even when their orders came, Kyungsoo can’t seem to eat. He lost his appetite and he felt like vomiting even though he ate nothing. He was excited to see his parents but he just felt nostalgic. He was away for just a year but it felt like a million years. What haunts him is that his ‘nostalgic feeling’ meant the memories he left here. And by memories, he meant Kim Jongin.

That freaking dip who ruined my middle-school life.

Just the thought of the tan male makes Kyungsoo want to punch him hard in the face. He thought of this a million times. He knew what to do now. And that made him calm down and prevent himself from trembling.

He was on his third bite of pasta when he heard his hyung’s phone ring. He looked at him and noticed him answer the call directly. He excused himself for a while. Kyungsoo nodded and continued eating. Whatever that was, he’s sure it’s about their business. And speaking of their business, it’s growing. It’s freaking growing and Kyungsoo felt like jumping when he heard that. He didn’t exactly know what their business is all about but Minsoo said that it’s particularly getting better. He had a lot of partners, which again Kyungsoo didn’t know who.

When Kyungsoo was about to have another bite, he heard a shriek behind him.

“Do Kyungsoo?” He heard a voice call. “You’re back?”

Kyungsoo turned around and looked at her with dilated eyes. Ciara Wang!? He practically panicked in his seat and he doesn’t know how to respond. He just looked at him and gave her a small smile.

“Ah, yes.” He replied curtly.

Ciara nodded and he noticed her turn to the person he was with.

“Do Minsoo.” Ciara smirked.

Minsoo was just finished talking on his phone when Ciara called his name. He instantly looked up and his face contorted into an expression couldn’t read. Kyungsoo raised a brow. They knew each other?

Minsoo felt himself shaking and sweating. Of all the times he could see Ciara, he thought. The timing was perfectly wrong. He just nodded at her.

“Hello.”

“You knew each other?” Kyungsoo immediately asked.

Ciara nodded. “Of course. He was an old friend.”

Minsoo agreed. He couldn’t talk.

Kyungsoo seemed to buy what they said and continued eating his food. Minsoo inwardly sighed. He didn’t have to explain when or why or how they met. They knew each other, that’s just it.

“Oh well. I better get going. Nice seeing you here.” Ciara said and waved them goodbye. Ciara sent Minsoo one last meaningful look before walking out of the restaurant. Minsoo relaxed a bit and wiped the cold sweat on his forehead. Kyungsoo noticed his tensed aura.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Kyungsoo asked, glancing from his pasta to his older brother. Minsoo was startled at his younger brother’s question thus worsening the tension building inside him. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. Just earlier before they went to this restaurant, Kyungsoo was the one who was chomped with anxiety.

Minsoo sighed and dropped his shoulders. He shook his head. “Nothing. Just eat.”

Kyungsoo wanted to ask more, but he chose to keep quiet.

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo’s back!?” Chanyeol practically screamed when he heard the news circulating all over the campus. He was at school, practicing basketball. He wanted to become a varsity this upcoming school year. They’re already moving to high school now and he wanted to do sports for a change. All he did during middle school was party and look out for his boyfriend.

It was summer yet some students are still at school, either taking up summer classes, trainings or just simply walking around the school. Enrollment will start in three weeks from now and student activities – the summer classes and trainings – will all be ended next week. Chanyeol wasn’t able to attend training for the past few days because he was so annoyed at Baekhyun and angry at Jongin. He didn’t want to see the two together at school that’s why he didn’t attend the trainings. It’s a good thing their coach still let him in since he was pretty good.

“Whoa. Chill, dude.” His newfound friend, Mino, said. He’s been hanging out with him ever since he trained for basketball – Mino was a player, too. Chanyeol sees him a lot during middle school but he never talked with him. They started talking when both trained; and both are even candidates for the captain ball.

“I just heard it from Ciara. You know, girls. Gossiping everywhere. From what I know, she doesn’t like Do. What made her spread the news? It’s not like it’s that exciting or what.” Mino stated, rubbing his somewhat imaginary beard on his chin. “Do Kyungsoo is the fat kid, right? The nerdy one? Introverted?”

With that, Chanyeol was sent back to reality and glared at his friend. Mino smiled sheepishly and made a peace sign. Even though they were of the same height and age, Chanyeol was pretty much intimidating.

“You seem happy that he’s coming back. Was there something between you two?” Mino asked. Seriously Mino just can’t stop talking. He’s very talkative and he can strike a conversation anytime, anywhere. It’s not that Chanyeol finds it bad. He just finds Mino noisy.

“He’s my friend. Why wouldn’t I be excited?” Chanyeol replied, wiping the sweat off of his face. It’s their break from practice and he and Mino were sitting at the bleachers, drinking water from their bottles. If Baekhyun and he were on good terms, Baekhyun would’ve been wiping his sweat now.

Mino just saw the couple together once. That was when Baekhyun came to watch his boyfriend practice. He was even screaming and cheering Chanyeol on. When practiced was halted for a break, Baekhyun was there to hand Chanyeol his bottled watter. He even wiped the sweat dripping from his lover’s forehead and kissed him on the temple, saying that he did great during the practice. Mino felt jealousy because Baekhyun was so sweet and they were so cute that he wanted to have that kind of relationship, too.

“Is he also Baekhyun’s friend? Isn’t your boyfriend part of Jongin’s team? They hate Do, right?” TALKATIVE MINO. -____-

Chanyeol just nodded and shrugged. Chanyeol never answers when Baekhyun is the subject. Mino was even surprised when he learned that the two were not on good terms when just few days ago, he saw how cute the couple was. He mentioned seeing Baekhyun with Jongin and it just made Chanyeol’s blood boil. He knew he had to avert the topic when he saw Chanyeol clutching his bottle tightly and his veins were almost showing.

“I don’t know if Kyungsoo’s studying here, though. I don’t even know if he will after what happened.” Chanyeol muttered. Mino didn’t exactly know what Chanyeol meant but he kept quiet. He didn’t want to sound so interested in this introverted friend of Chanyeol.

They remained quiet for a few moments, none of them finding the situation awkward. Mino was busy scanning the whole place that he saw Baekhyun from a far. He was with Jongin, again. The two were walking and Jongin’s hands were around Baekhyun’s waist. Mino could even see that he was slightly pinching it. Baekhyun wasn’t one bit amused, from what he’s seeing. He wanted to tell Chanyeol what he saw but when he turned to his friend, he realized he didn’t need to do that.

Chanyeol was already looking at their direction.

His eyes were filled with ambivalent feelings – sadness, anger and jealousy. Mino wanted to comfort the boy but he didn’t want to get punched. Chanyeol was pretty wild and scary when he’s like this. Only Baekhyun and Jongin can do that to him.

Mino was about to pat Chanyeol’s back when—

“Okay! Gather yourselves now!” Their coach called. Chanyeol immediately went down from the bleachers to the center of the gym and Mino was more than thankful that the coach called them or Chanyeol would’ve been punching the daylights out of Kim Jongin.

Because Mino saw the both of them kissing.

To Chanyeol, it was nothing new. But for Mino, he could’ve helped Chanyeol kill Jongin. It’s too much seeing your boyfriend with someone else.

 

 

 

 


A/N: I'M SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME LONG ENOUGH TO UPDATE. T^T I'm so sorry readers. I'm just busy and yeah it's the freaking exams. T^T

The story's not finished yet. The real plot isn't even starting yet. It's about to start soon so please anticipate for it. I'm still arranging the events for this story so I'm sorry for slow updates.

(I found it amusing that I have a reader that ships JakexKyungsoo. XD Hello @kyungendy. :D)

Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting guys! I would like to hear your thoughts -- especially the silent readers. ^_____^

Thank you again. Saranghae. ^3^ 

 

PS: I'm sorry but I just had to add Mino to the cast of characters. XD He's also my UB and he's just freaking adorable. Any Incles and iKon stans here? *wave wave*

-moonlightbutterfly ♥