Three.

Because of You [HIATUS]

Kyungsoo pants heavily, having been running around the school gym for their gym class. Chanyeol caught up with him after he saw his little friend stopping to gasp for air.

 

“You okay?” Chanyeol asked, putting a hand on Kyungsoo’s back. Kyungsoo nodded.

 

Baekhyun might have noticed, but he chose not to mind even though he wants that hand to be on his back, especially when he’s more exhausted than Kyungsoo. He didn’t even realize that he was staring too long when Jongin placed an arm around his shoulders.

 

“Ya!” Jongin said and Baekhyun swiftly turned his head on Jongin’s direction. “Oh. Didn’t notice you there.” He reasoned.

 

“Stop looking at that yoda.” Jongin grimaced. Baekhyun sighed and looked down. “Come on, Baek. Let’s shower together.” He added with a smirk. Baekhyun followed, knowing he couldn’t do anything.

 

After Jongin and Baekhyun showered, Jongin saw Kyungsoo on the last cubicle of the shower room, cleaning himself on a snail pace. Jongin smirked. Another idea has popped out from his head. He sauntered into Kyungsoo’s gym locker, fist-pumping inwardly when he witnessed his locker open, and grabbed all of his clothes. He concealed himself behind the lockers on the other side of the room, adjacent to the ones where Kyungsoo’s locker is.

 

“Jongin, let’s just go. Don’t waste your time.” Baekhyun said, sounding tired but he wasn’t. He just didn’t want to bother Kyungsoo right now.

 

“Shh.” Jongin said. Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

 

He heard the shower tap creak, indicating it was being closed and the sound of the cubicle door closing. He saw Kyungsoo with a towel on his lower waist, water dripping from his hair. Jongin was about to burst out laughing when he saw Kyungsoo’s wide eyes go even wider at the sight of his empty locker. He looked around for it, assuming that he just put it somewhere or misplaced it. A minute later, he went back to his locker and sighed heavily while shutting his eyes closed.

 

Jongin.

 

He grumbled and searched the room for Jongin. He didn’t have to search for another moment because he Jongin leaning on the lockers with Baekhyun behind him and Kyungsoo’s clothes in hand.

 

Kyungsoo mustered up courage to speak to his bully. “Give it back, Jongin.”

 

Jongin mocked surprise and smirked at Kyungsoo. “It’s good that you’re talking back now. It kinda feels boring when you don’t even spill a word.” He said. “What’s your name again? Oh. Don’t need to know about it. I feel like I’m cursing if I’d say your name.”

 

Kyungsoo glared.

 

“Come get it.” Jongin challenged. Kyungsoo breathed heavily and strode towards Jongin’s direction. He was too focused on getting his clothes back that he didn’t even notice the puddle (courtesy of the stupid boys who were showering before), and of course, he slipped. Kyungsoo (also Jongin and Baekhyun) didn’t see that coming. Kyungsoo fell on his back and bumped his head on the floor. The impact must be too harsh because a minute later, the last thing Kyungsoo saw was Baekhyun coming towards him and it all went black.

 

~~

 

“Where’s my phone again?” Chanyeol ransacked his bag in search of an electronic device but he found nothing. He recalled where he placed his phone earlier and then,

 

“Ah.” Chanyeol said and headed for the gym lockers.

 

His locker was on the other side so he didn’t see Jongin and Baekhyun. He unlocked his locker and smiled happily, seeing his abandoned phone lying inside his locker shelf. He snatched his phone from the locker and was about to exit when,

 

“Come get it.”

 

I know that voice.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide. Jongin. With that tone on Jongin’s voice he knew Kyungsoo was here. He knew he should have waited for Kyungsoo to finish showering.

 

He went to the other side and while doing so, he heard a faint thud. He rushed towards the other side and he witnessed his small best friend sprawled on the floor. His eyes grew even wider. He saw the surprised look on Jongin’s face and he saw Baekhyun slapping Jongin’s arm before going towards Kyungsoo’s direction. There was a boiling rage developing inside of him and he rushed to Kyungsoo’s aid.

 

“What did you two do!?” Chanyeol growled, making Baekhyun cower. Jongin returned from his old usual self and shrugged. Chanyeol was so pissed that he shoved Baekhyun away.

 

Baekhyun was taken aback. Chanyeol never does that to him. This was the first time.

 

Baekhyun felt tears forming in his eyes. “Chanyeol…”

 

Jongin grabbed Baekhyun’s arm and pulled him to stand up next to him. “It’s that thing’s fault. For a smart person, he’s pretty stupid.” He said, glaring at Chanyeol for making Baekhyun tear up.

 

Chanyeol stood up and punched Jongin straight in the face. Jongin fell on the floor because of the strong impact; blood on the corner of his lips. He assumed a bruise right there later on. Chanyeol expected the alpha to fight back but instead, he just smirked which made Chanyeol pissed even more. He lunged for Jongin again but he was stopped by Baekhyun.

 

“Stop, Chanyeol. Stop.” Baekhyun pleaded, rushing to Jongin’s aid. Chanyeol scowled at the sight.

 

“Fine!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

He ran towards Kyungsoo and carried him bridal style and sprinted towards the school clinic. Ms. Jung, the school nurse, was shocked to see a heavily panting Chanyeol with a passed out friend in his arms.

 

“What happened?” Ms. Jung asked, dashing towards them and placed Kyungsoo in a bed.

 

“I don’t know. I think he slipped. He was in the locker room when I saw him.” Chanyeol said, suddenly panicking.

 

I swear if something happens to Kyungsoo, I’ll beat the out of you, Kim Jongin.

 

“How is he?” Chanyeol asked, holding his friend’s hand.

 

“He’s fine. Just a minor damage. Good thing he didn’t have a concussion.” Ms. Jung smiled and left the two of them.

 

Chanyeol sighed contentedly. He brushed Kyungsoo’s bangs away from his forehead and planted a kiss on it, and reached down to kiss the back of Kyungsoo’s hand.

 

Chanyeol was too busy looking at his sleeping friend that he didn’t notice Baekhyun standing on the entrance. This was probably the worst day of his life.

 

He left the room with a dejected look and sooner, tears rolled down his eyes.

 

He tried to wipe it all away but it just wouldn’t stop.

 

He ran and went inside their hangout room.

 

 


A/N: Another Chansoo moment. Mehehehe. I heard they're sailing~~ Don't hate Jongin guyth. .___.