One.

Because of You [HIATUS]

“Go easy on him, dude. We might break him.” The light colored hair boy said, laughing along with his group. The aforementioned boy squirmed and trembled under the contemptuous gazes of the group of boys in front of him. No matter how much he tried to slip away, the boys will always find a way to get him. It’s been hard for him, as a matter of fact, as a middle school student. He can’t go on a day without bruises. And to make things worse, no one wants to befriend him because of the possibility that they’ll also be bullied. It was sad, really. Not having friends or being alone, going home with fresh new bruises and many more. He was too young for this, he thought. And because of them, Kyungsoo forgot how to trust. Trust wasn’t even in his vocabulary. He doesn’t know if the word ‘trust’ even exists. The only people he relied on the most are Minsoo (his hyung) and Chanyeol.

 

Park Chanyeol. The former member of the group that was bullying him. The person who was brave enough to befriend Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol left the group for Kyungsoo. He really wasn’t mean. He’s not meant for that group. It was mandatory, they said, because his boyfriend, Baekhyun, was there. He left the group, but he never left Baekhyun. He just hopes that he wouldn’t have to choose over Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol was actually Kyungsoo’s neighbor. And being their neighbor, he knows what’s happening around Kyungsoo’s home. Chanyeol would always hear yelling, glass breaking on the floor, and many more on Kyungsoo’s house. It was almost like that every day; Kyungsoo’s parents fighting. Kyungsoo would always run out of the house, crying. It started when Kyungsoo’s hyung left Korea to work. Since then, they (Kyungsoo’s parents) had been fighting over money. Minsoo has been sending money, but it will be all put to waste. The money will be used for his father’s liquor desires and his mother’s longing for things she was deprived of. When Minsoo heard about this, he started secretly sending half of the money for Kyungsoo’s allowance and his school fees. It wasn’t much of a bother since Kyungsoo is a scholarship student.

 

Since he knew what was going on about Kyungsoo, Chanyeol didn’t want to increase Kyungsoo’s burdens. Kyungsoo had to work part-time to buy some of the things he needed when the money Minsoo sent him wasn’t enough.

 

“Kyungsoo!” A tall, dark haired boy suddenly appeared, running towards the said boy. “What are you doing!?” He yelled at the group while helping Kyungsoo to get up.

 

“Just the usual.” The tanned boy, who seemed to be the ‘alpha’, said nonchalantly while checking out his nails. Chanyeol glared at him. “Will you quit this out!?” He yelled. “You’re hurting him!”

 

“Oh?” The alpha said in mock-surprise. “Didn’t realize that. He never complained anyway. Maybe he’s enjoying?” He chuckled sadistically.

 

Chanyeol continued to glare at them while helping Kyungsoo to the exit. “You’re hurting the boy, Jongin.” Chanyeol said. “How could you even bully him? He never did anything!” He added and walked slowly (because Kyungsoo was slow so he had to do as well) to the exit of the abandoned classroom, which was considered to be their hangout place. He was blocked by the other members of the group, but Jongin signaled to just let them go.

 

“Chanyeol!” A not-so-manly voice called out with a hint of hurt and disgust in his voice.

 

“We’ll talk later, Baek.” Chanyeol said which made Baekhyun frown.

 

“I don’t even know why you’re still with that guy, Baek.” Jongin said, just after Chanyeol and Kyungsoo left the room, and pulled Baekhyun closer to him. “I’m always here.” He added, rather seductively, while sliding his hands on Baekhyun’s side.

 

“Give me a rest, Jongin.” Baekhyun side, pushing Jongin away.

 

Jongin smirked. “You know I can’t.” He said, making Baekhyun groan inwardly.

 

And then they found themselves making out in the corner of the room while their companions already left to give them privacy.

 

~~

 

“You okay?” Chanyeol asked, fixing his now crying friend’s uniform. Kyungsoo nodded, too hurt to say a word. He wiped his tears furiously, disappointed at how easily his tears appear. “Hey.” Chanyeol said and removed Kyungsoo’s hands when he saw him wiping his tears in an angered manner. “I know I asked you this a million times before, but Chanyeol, what did I do?” Kyungsoo sobbed. “Is it because I’m not that good looking? Or is it because I’m fat? Or because I’m not that rich?”

 

Chanyeol hugged his heartbroken friend. Of course he knew very well why Jongin’s group is bullying him. And Kyungsoo just stated it just now. He’s not that rich. He’s a nerd. He’s fat. Very typical. Like the ones you see in movies. But Chanyeol would never say that what Kyungsoo said was all right. He was there as a friend, to console him. Not to make things worse. So he opted for the better road.

 

“Kyungie,” Chanyeol started, rubbing comforting circles on Kyungsoo’s back after he released from the hug. “you’re not fat. You’re just… healthy. Chubby. I find it actually cute. You’re not a nerd. You’re just academically active. You’re good looking. They just don’t look well enough. You’re beautiful inside and out.” He smiled. Kyungsoo looked up from his hands. “I’m not a girl, Yeol.” Chanyeol chuckled and ruffled the smaller boy’s hair. “I know that very well.” He smiled. “Beautiful is not just a girl’s adjective.” Chanyeol’s smile must’ve been so contagious because Kyungsoo started smiling as well. Chanyeol had always liked the image of his friend smiling because his lips are forming a heart shape and his eyes are also forming into crescents. It’s really a beautiful view for him so he thought of a way to make him smile more. “And besides, you have feminine features.” Instead of the outcome Chanyeol expected, Kyungsoo pouted. If the image of Kyungsoo smiling makes Chanyeol’s heart flutter, then the image of Kyungsoo pouting makes his heart melt. It’s just too cute! He fought the urge to pinch the younger’s cheeks. “Should I buy you a wig?” He joked. Kyungsoo punched Chanyeol’s arm playfully. “I would look ridiculous.” He chuckled. “Then would I look ridiculous in those?” Chanyeol asked which made Kyungsoo look at him in disbelief.

 

After a moment of silence, Kyungsoo suddenly laughed out loud.

 

Chanyeol looked at the doe-eyed boy laughing beside him, but he already knows why Kyungsoo was laughing. It was music to his big ears.

 

“That’s absurd!” He laughed. “Ew Chanyeol. It would be strange!”

 

Chanyeol smiled, pulling his friend closer. “If it’s me looking strange then it would be all worth it to see you laughing like that.”

 

Kyungsoo just continued to laugh to hide the flush growing on his face.

 

 


A/N: Uh, yeah. Chansoo moment there. Mehehe. :3 First chapter done. Please forgive me I'm really not a good writer. T^T