Chapter thirty four

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FINALE

 

The session of handing high school diploma ended right after the principal gave another brief speech about how we should behave ourselves when we entered college. That’s was sort of comforting and mindful messages from her, different with the normal speech she usually gave when it was her turned to give it. Surprisingly, all senior students listened to her well at the last moment of her talk. Since it was the last part and after that they would never hear the teachers’ nagging and boring speech in the school anymore.

We finally made our way out the hall with some students’ cheers and some breaking from tears. There were so many scenes but I couldn’t capture all because we were hurrying and stood in a group of a pathway to take a memorable picture. The group was basically contained by the exo and Ara and me. I was hesitated at first, so do Ara because well, we’re not the perks of famous crowd like exo in this school yet we were joining this shot. I couldn’t care less and in the end joined them as well. It’s not that long though just few seconds, a flash by camera and simply smiles.

Jongin had his arm around my shoulder and I casually pull his dangling hand to tightening the gap between us. It kind of awkward for me because Jongin gave me quite a shock look by my response but just grinned smugly by then.

“One more time. One more time. Say cheese!” Chanyeol echoed while gripping the selfie stick in front of us.

“CHEEEEEESE” We sang together and giggled at the sound we produced. The picture looked much better than the previous ones because we were more than ready in that.

Senior students passed by just send a gleeful look at our faces and some envious expression threw to me. Technically, to my relief, there were nothing spiteful or dead glare. It was maybe they thought they were thinking with maturity right now because with sending hateful doesn’t make them feel any better. Or is it because the juniors were not here yet? Bleh, screw that. I don’t care anymore. I should be enjoyed at the very last moment in this school.

“Hey guys” Mina appeared from nowhere, she got her fingers running through her silky hairs. curled up in a very friendly way and her eyes rounded in excitement. Seokjin was on her side all the time and waved a hand high toward us.

“Yo, Mina! Seokjin! Com’er join us!” Chanyeol invited with his hand waving inwardly for them to come in our group photo.

We smiled indifferently to them, as she and Seokjin slowly joining us. We made a variety kind of face and laughed off at the result. I looked over my shoulder to found Mina was laughing lightly to the pictures that Chanyeol’s snapped. Mina’s eyes crush down to mine as her smile slowly vanished. Did she still hating on me? Gee what. But then my eyes caught her smiled back to me, this time it’s wider and her eyes told full sincerity. I blinked my eyes at her, as like is it a dream? I, not knowing what to respond, just smiled back.

“Mina? Do you- um, want to join my friends there?” Seokjin asked. He scratched his head when looking down the said girl.

Mina chuckled at the boy’s hesitation, “Sure, Seokkie. I’d love to” She then bided us farewell and went to the other hall side.

We looked through the lovebirds’ back while whistling playfully, as they walked off. Jongin took the opportunity for me and him to get away from our group and grabbed my lower arm to drag me along the hallway. I was alarm less by his action but still wondering where he would bring me to when I spotted various kinds of flowers arranged neatly around the garden space.

I gasped in awe at the fascinated sight when he still dragged me across the area where we stood at the centre of the garden. There was a few decorated benches neared the flowers. Since when did the principal started to decorate this whole garden? I’ve last seen the garden when it’s almost neared to mid-terms. I wasn’t aware at all because this garden was quite well hidden from the main hall and hallways. I tilted my head in astonishment but didn’t let my grin fade from my face.

Jongin finally released his grasp and whirled around to look at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter