Chapter twenty two

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How many pairs of socks should I bring?” Ara asked as I picked up her call. I mumble quietly and think how many pairs I folded in my travel bag.

“I just bring 3 pairs because I’m not easily feel-cold-person. But, it’s all up to you” I replied while checking my nails. I have packed my stuffs at evening and it’s almost nearly to midnight that Ara just called. I wondered what she did for all day long.

“Gosh, I nearly forget to bring socks along ‘cause my bag almost full with stuffs” Ara sighed. “I shall bring 13 pairs then” She continued.

My eyes lit up immediately. Ara decided to bring tenfold than me but soon shrugged off. I never bother about it since I could still use the same socks, not that my feet were always smelly anyway and literally want to save some space in my bag.

“Okay, then. See you tomorrow, Minhye” She ended the call and soon I drown in the dreamland.

--

After dressed up into my casual tee shirt and track pants with my hairs tied into high ponytails, I slung my bag on my shoulder and leave my room. I walked down the stairs and found Jongin stood straightly beside the stair rails. He looked simply good with his sweater on and shorts that still covered his knee and reveal his calf. I stared at his expressionless face as I walked pass him. He didn’t leave the chance to grab my arms as I turned around to face his morning face. His puffy eyes tell everything that he would be sleeping during all the way to the journey.

“What?” I barely asked him in my plain voice. It has been awhile, Kim Jongin. I miss you.

“Let’s go together” He said in his husky voice. I nodded my head. There’s no point of avoiding him now since then I’ll partnering with him throughout the camp. I couldn’t help myself to not think how we would act during the camp and how would we work up together with kind of this state. The state where me and him are still not make up after he decided to break this relationship. Me to him is the past and him to me is…. I still couldn’t figure out what’s the answer.

He released his grip as I walked to dining table. I grabbed a toast and muffed into my mouth. He already inside the car and next, I jumped into the car as well.

--

Students gathered at the camp site as soon as we arrived the well-cared forest. It was almost 2 hours from school. Mr. Henry, Ms. Choi and Mr. Ahn were the only teachers that would in charge for the whole camp. Shortly after that, Mr. Henry clapped his hand loudly making all the students stop talking and paying their attention toward the English teacher.

“Okay, right now make sure you’re with your partner and we’ll combine two pairs of partner into a group. Understand?” Mr. Henry loudly announces. Students quickly found their partner easily while I stood still not wanting to move even centimeters after being ‘dump’ by Ara and Sehun. Mr. Henry slightly blew his whistle to me as I flinched at the sudden noise. Some students were quietly laughing at me as I gritted my teeth in embarrassment.

“Where are your prince, milady?” Mr. Henry teased earning another annoying laugh. My hands started to form a cold sweat as a hand slipped onto mine softly.

“Here.” He raised our hands together as he squish. Making my cheeks flushed a bit as like he proudly having me as his partner. I looked at him with undefined expression, he turned his face to me as we stares each other. It was tensed and he seems didn’t want to lose from this staring competition. My eyes unknowingly darted to his nose, lips and then back to his eyes. His eyes still didn’t leave mine and I’m almost suffocating from his strong stare and released the stares immediately. My heart beat faster than normal and mentally mad to myself for giving up too easily.

“So, everyone already have your partner by your side?” Mr. Henry asked for confirmation even though it perfectly seen by his eyes all students found theirs.

“Yes.” Students chimed together.

“OK, then I’ll be starting to set all pairs into a group” He began as he flipped a paper up.

 

--

 

Jongin and I will be in a same group with Chanyeol and Jiyeon. To my relief, its Jiyeon and not some es that hate me from the beginning I move in. I could communicate comfortably with her even we’re not as close as I with Ara but she really is nice. No wonder, Chanyeol are all glad that she is his partner after all. Jongin took off his sweater and stuffed it into his bag. I could see a thin sweat run down his neck. I shifted my gaze of him to Jiyeon. She still gripped her sweater with her pale hands and I decided to make a small conversation with her.

“Jiyeon-ah, are you still cold?” my mouth slightly curved into a smile.

She nodded while clenching her teeth. I chuckled at her cuteness and at the same time, felt weird. I’m really comfortable with the weather and nothing makes me slightly cold well except for Jongin’s stare. I could feel both boys eavesdropping and Chanyeol was about to meddle in but Jiyeon fastest.

“Aren’t you?” she asked me with her head tilted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter