Chapter twenty

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhye's pov

After Sehun got his treatment done at the nearest hospital, he insisted to send me home. He said that it's just a little punch and he's going to be alright. I just nodded my head. Along the journey, no one dared to utter even a word. I wanted to say sorry to him because included him on the ruckus between me and Jongin. But, I just let it passed and stay quiet until we has reached home. I bided him good bye and thanked for the ride. He just nodded and smiled. I'm thankful to have a good boy best friend since I transferred to Gangnam. I walked into the Kim's house carefully, it was dark and surely they were all sleeping. I closed the door slowly and climbed up the stairs. My eyes spotted him, Jongin. He was leaning his back against a wall beside his room. I sighed while tucked my hair to the back of my ear. I slowly reached my room as well followed by his staring dark brown eyes. I stopped infront of my room, turned the door knob. He paced forward and grabbed my wrist. With only the yellow light provided just in the middle of the hallway's ceiling, I could see his eyes. They're puffy and swollen. Did he....cried? I swallowed hard, observing his face.

 

"Jongin?" I tried my best to control my voice, not to sound hoarse. Well, of course, I'm still upset with him.

 

He didn't responded. Silent engulfed us until I cleared my throat and started to enter my room but he gripped my hand even tighter.

 

"What do you want? Can't you just-"

 

"We're still not over yet, right?" He said in his best-sounded-of-not-cracking voice. His eyes were still on mine and I had to stare them with a strong gaze. Slowly, I pulled my hand from his grip and sighed in relieve after he let go of it. I escaped myself to my room, closed the door shut. 

 

 

--

 

 

The next day, I woke up and did my morning routine to get ready for school. I walked down the stairs, meeting a grinning girl with her hair tied up. 

 

"Good morning, unnie!" Jaera greeted. I flashed a smile and greeted her. Mr and Mrs Kim also were in the table. I talked with them a bit about school and other stuffs before get into the car. The driver was waiting, while I wondered where Jongin is. In order to break the curiosity of mine, I asked the driver and he stated that he went to school by himself. I rolled my eyes, did he just leave me behind? Psh. What a scaredy cat.

 

When I arrived school, there was neither students' eyes were not glued on me. I looked at them with a frowning and keep my paced steady and chill. Until at a certain place, I received a dead glare from a group of girl students near cafeteria. They shook their head and whispered to each other. I walked straight into my homeroom, ignoring them. I settled myself on my chair. Ara smile faintly as she asked me to lean over. I didn't say much and just follow her words. I noticed how our classmates were staring at me since I entered the class. But, being the I-don't-care of me, I ignored them, too. 

 

"The rumors are spreading like wildfire!" Ara whispered slowly while covering her side profile. I didn't get what the hell she is saying until I didn't response to her. She slightly rolled her eyes. I grinned after she knew that I didn't have any idea of what're she talking about.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter