Chapter seventeen

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's pov

Three days left—till midterms. Basically, Gangnam High students, mostly senior year were busy with their studies and few undone assignments due before the first day of examination. The assignments must be handed to homeroom teachers in order to make sure students' overall percentages in the outstanding level, just like how every students wishes. Nonetheless, a couple of them, took it simple and easy by copying friends' works but of course teachers aren't fool enough to spot it and their marks will be decreases as the amount of the plagiarized answers. It will also affect their overall percentages. Furthermore, included their attitude, or moral values in the class. Mostly homeroom teachers will observed their own students and there's no use if her/his students were very excellent in studies but failed in morality. So, the conclusion is students must show their encouraging performances to grab the highest ranked aka top 10 in senior year of Gangnam High.

 

Minhye scratched her head gently with a pencil that she gripped since she decided to study after dinner. Her hair was tied in a bun and like usual she wore a shorts with a cotton loose shirt. She sat at her study table and worked on with some difficult Physics exercises, just wanted to test herself if she could do it though she successfully solved the easy and medium one. She quickly peeked to the answer at the final pages of the exercise book. She blinked and frowned after minutes passed. 

"Ah, this is so complicated" She grunted as she closed the book, gave up. Her eyes shifted to the next subject, English. She grinned and pulled out the English revision book. English, her favorite subject out of all the other subject she learned in school. She flipped at the pages and stopped at a specific subtopic. 

Her phone rang from a caller, at the same time broke the silence of the night. She lazily grabbed her phone and slightly glanced at the screen; private numbers.  

"Ello" She picked up while her eyes still sticked at the English’s note.

"Ello too, can I speak to the breathtaking lady named Park Minhye please?" The caller said, eagerly waiting for her response.

Minhye's eyes lit up, she stared blankly to the window in front her. Processing who the caller might be.

"Oh Sehun?" She guessed as she cocked her head slightly to one side.

"Yes, beautiful." He simply responded earning a cringe by Minhye since he complimented her again.

"Oh, hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much, how about you?"

"Same here" Minhye respond immediately. At the moment, the atmosphere become awkward after 2 seconds of silent.

"Um.... so actually I want study- ah I mean you and me study together after school, tomorrow. If you want, because it quite boring studying alone, you know?"

"Oh, sure I'd love too and I'm agree. It's boring until it could kill me" She said as she made some weird-sort-of-killed-sounds. To break the ice absolutely.

Sehun laughed amusedly and spared some to respond her back "Yea, you're right, Minhye. So, see you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow Sehun-ah, goodnight"

"Goodnight, bae"

"Huh?"

"I mean goodnight and bye"

"A-Ah, byee!"

Minhye hang up and shook her head at her silliness. She glanced at the clock; 11:45PM and she was sleepy. She zipped her bag after stuffed her books and other stationery and climbed up on her bed. A smile plastered on her face as she recalled her conversation with Sehun earlier. Even though it's a bit awkward after she were introduced as Jongin's girlfriend to Sehun and the rest of EXO but he still managed to call and talk to her nicely just like day before.     

 

--

 

The daily routine in their school went smoothly until school has ended. As promised Minhye would study with Sehun. Only both of them, maybe? Minhye grabbed her bag pack and quickened her feet to Sehun cutely. She smiled as Sehun gave a look to her.

"Ready?" Sehun asked full with enthusiasm. Minhye nodded repeatedly with her eyes sparkling bright. It's the first time ever she'd going to study with a friend, yes friend. She then turned her back to Ara and gestured her to come closer.

"Do you wanna join us, Ara?"

"Join you for what?" Ara frowned.

Minhye looked so hopeful but oppositely to Sehun. He showed a face which is rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter