Chapter twenty eight

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Along the cooking competition, I just realized that I’m too dazed into the activity until I forgot about last night encounter with Jongin. He acted like nothing actually happen between me and that frightened me a lot. Did we just really make love? Or did I literally throw myself to him? Then why did he come sneakily to the room in the first place? How did he know that I’m alone? I’m really curious and the questions just leave hanging on the air.

I acted like I am all fine and genuinely great with him. Why? Good question. It was for the sake of my friends. Technically, I don’t want them to acknowledge and sense what just happened to me and Jongin. Not that I don’t have faith on them to keep this sort of big secret from being expose to the others; nosy students in school, but I think it’s better to solve this by ourselves. Just me and Jongin. I don’t want things to be harder and unknowingly spread to a bad rumor as people look narrowly at us. Not only our identity will be corroded at the same point it will become their laugh stocks. Not to mention, his family will also disappointed with me after a while they took care of me, seeing how good I could behave around them ended up knowing that was all fake and plastic.

Thinking about my late parents, they must have been disappointed and sad knowing that I being a – maybe; to Jongin. Jongin, himself couldn’t control his hormones and ended up; we had together in our senior year camp. In a freaking room. No one.  No one expect this to happen. I don’t know what should I feel, it’s just I feel depressed and not wanting to face the world anymore. But I know, avoiding the problem is not the best way – I mean, of course it’s a very damnly not a way out.

 “Babe, are you okay?”

I snapped at my thought, eyeing his brownish iris. What’d he truly feels? Did he serious with our relationship? Did he really will responsible to what he have done to me? I just can’t believe that this guy, right in front me, just took my ity that I kept for almost nineteen years in less than 24 hours.

Realizing that I’ve been dazed out, I opened my mouth to reply, “Yeah, I’m good, I guess?”

He let out a short chuckle, relief “What’re you thinking?”

“Many things. You know what, we should really talk after this whole crap camp” I hissed dramatically.

“It’s not bad after all, really. Cause you know this camp makes us together. Like really together”

I throw him a nasty look, really? Is that all he wanted from me? I shook my head disapprovingly. Anyway, he shouldn’t at least say something like that. I think it’s inappropriate, especially close to Chanyeol and Jiyeon. Thankfully, they’re busy with the cooking.

“Shut up. Let’s help them” With that I walked straight to the table where the stoves were placed. In the corner of my eyes, I noticed how his face fall and he shrugged.

“Minhye-ah, help me rinse this spaghetti before we could boil it” Jiyeon chimed toward me. I walked to her direction and wash my hands. I tried to roll my sleeves upward with my wrist since my hands were dripping wet. Eventually, Jongin came to me and help to roll those stupid sleeves up to the end of my elbow. I mouthed him a thanks and he just smile. Guess I shouldn’t think negatively about him, yet. I continue rinse the spaghetti with Jiyeon while the guys chopping some carrots and other vegetables. We talked and cooked happily until the rest of the competition.

 

--

 

Before the last day of camp ended, we gathered to take a group photo. It’s already past noon, when the facilitator announced the winner of the cooking competition. We win the third place and I guess it’s not bad at all. We got a mini trophies and medals. To my surprise, Sehun and Ara’s group win the first place and we couldn’t help but to gasp in shock and congratulate them for winning the most annoying mama-like competition eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter