Chapter one

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minhye’s pov

I woke up early in the morning since I made a promise with my es friends; Sora, Jimin, and Hyeri to go to shopping and yeah don’t be surprised if I tell you that I lied my mom today. I said I’m going to do study group with my friends. I dressed up with some fancy cloth and accessories. No longer after that, I received a text from Sora.

From: esora

Hey, where the hell are you?! We’re waiting in front of Hangang Mall’s main door like a freakin’ half an hour already

I rolled my eyes, annoyed. I went out from my room and asked Mr. Driver to prepare the car. I took a slice of toast served by my maid and devoured it while made my way outside my house.

                                                                                                                       

--

 

Narrator’s pov

Sora heaved a sigh while fanning her face. “Where the hell is Minhye? Like seriously, we’re already waiting for hours!!”

Hyeri played with her hairs. “How could I’ve ever know? She’s your friend though”

Sora scoffed “Excuse me?” She moved her head slightly to left and right to show her sassiness, “She’s your friend too, okay?”

The former let out a fake chuckle “Are you kidding me? Sora-yah, don’t you remember? We’re only her friend when it goes to shopping and spa”

Jimin and Sora finally agreed to her words and nodded their head eagerly. “Hell yeah”

 

--

 

“Hey girls, sorry traffic jam” Minhye lied, as she waved her hand lazily.

Sora rolled her eyes, “Traffic jams my ”

Hyeri quickly ran to Minhye and folded her arm around hers. “Hi, princess! Treat us at that restaurant please! We’re really famished!” Hyeri pointed her finger at one of the most expensive and famous restaurant while smirking to her other friends.

Minhye shrugged and nodded without hesitation. “Sure.”

 

--

 

When night comes, Minhye and her so-called friends enjoyed the rest of the day at a fancy-looking and lively pub. She danced following the music beat played at the pub. They danced and danced and drunk until they exhausted. They decided to sit for awhile. Minhye was about to drink another shot of vodka but then stopped when she received a call from Mr. Jung; her dad’s personal assistant. She hissed and picked up half-heartedly.

“Oh, ahjussi?”

“Minhye ahgassi, where are you right now?”

“A-AA, well, at my friend’s place, we’re.. studying” Minhye lied because with the reason Mr. Jung will not bothered her again.

“Ahgassi, give me the address of your friend’s place”

Minhye rolled her eyes, annoyed with the old men. Why the hell he cared about me? Ugh. “But why? I’m in the middle of studying right now. I can go home by myself, could you just stop bothering me, I’ve got to go”

“Ahgassi wait!! I received a call from emergency room at Seoul University Hospital saying that your parents…. were involved in… a house f-fire”

“WHATT????!!!” Minhye yel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter