Chapter thirty

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey?” Sehun’s voice greeted me on the other line. I opened my mouth and greeted him back.

“What’s up?” He asked me in his deep voice. I rubbed my nape in guilt. He must about to fall asleep but I happened to disturb him.

“Err, Sehun I’m sorry for calling you at this late and doesn’t have much patience to wait till tomorrow morning but I couldn’t help it” I said in one breath.

“Oh, its fine. I didn’t sleep yet, anyway” I could hear his thick breath on the line. I nodded – even though he won’t able to see it.

“Yea, I just wanna ask. How’d you know Jongin and I are alone? I mean in the… house? Like right now?”

“Um, well. He told me – oh I mean us, that his parents were not home and so we know that just you. And him. Alone. At the house.”

I bit my bottom lip, exhaled slowly “I see” I continued, “Do he told anything beside that?”

“Hm, no I guess? Is there something that I should know?”

“Huh? Oh-er no. Nothing” I let out a sigh of relief, feeling much better than before.

“Okay, then I guess I should hang up now. Night qt”

I let out a small chuckle at his last word, “See you tomorrow, Sehun. Goodnight” I said before hung up as well.

Another exasperate loud sigh escaped from my lips. Thank God, he didn’t know it – and also the rest of the exo boys. Anxiousness washed over me, just who wouldn’t? The way Chanyeol and his friend (Baekhyun) teasing us earlier; right after we had arrived school just made me curious. Not to mention, about Sehun gave me a thumbs up. What’s with all of that if Jongin are the one who told them something.

Within a couple of minutes, I fall to a deep and peaceful slumber with the thought slowly fades away.

 

--

 

Today was the starting of the weekdays. School was running like usual. Students were excited for the long holiday at the end of the year. But they must keep their attendance perfect and clear from any ‘O’ mark. Meanwhile, the seniors have to prepare mentally and emotionally for the final examination’s result. DUN DUN DUN. Not to forget, of course for our graduation day. Well, we were all refused to get it held on anywhere besides school because we’ve spent much money on the crappy camp thing. Besides, Gangnam High is not bad too. We could take some pictorial view at the school and we could tour around the school for the last time before we faced the world outside the school or college.

“Good morning children!” Mrs. Kim chimed cheerfully; she had her formal office attire on – ready for work. So does her husband, walk after his lovely wife.

I sat on the dining table along with Jongin and Jaera. Different from the past morning, I felt much better after the problem of me and Jongin were solved. I grinned meekly to the couple as they took their seat. According to the arrangement, of course.

“So, how’s the camp?” Jongin’s dad asked while pulling his sleeves up.

I stared at Jongin, slightly giving him a sign to answer the question. He had his bread and bacon in his mouth and chewed it roughly while nod in response.

“It was perfectly fine” Jongin said along with muffled sound. I shook my head in disapproval until I realized I’m not the only one who did that because his mother and Jaera do too.

“Um so did you guys made up?” Mrs. Kim asked while looking at me and him continuously. I cocked my brows to the question. What? How did Mrs. Kim know that we supposed to make up? And how in the world she knew we’re not in good terms – before? Uh-oh, is it obvious that the whole time Jongin and I meet and we looked like we were bickering with each other?

I paused my action from eating, thinking about what should I response but instead Jongin opened his mouth again, “Yes, we did.” He said. His face looked bewildered for a moment while looking at me with undefined expression. I mouthed, ‘how did she know?’ and he just shrugged.

Mrs. Kim eyed us warily; she sipped her green tea and set it back on the table.

“Don’t you like each other?” She asked. This time her question made me choked on my orange juice. Yuck! It felt horrible when it stuck on your throat and you have no choice but to force the liquid shoved inside it. Thank God, it didn’t spill on my uniform or anywhere. As like my action was the answer, Mrs. Kim clapped her hand together. Jaera nod in understatement. Jongin flashed me a smirk while resting his chin on his palm. Mr. Kim gave us a knowing look and continues sipping the soup.

“Ay, I knew it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter