Chapter sixteen

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(gifs not mine, credited tumblr)

Narrator's pov

Ara sat on the table at the back of the cafeteria.

"Haish, what took her so long?" She hissed alone as she craning her neck to catch a glimpse of her best friend. She sighed, knowing that the person still weren't in the cafeteria. She really missed Minhye. She wanted to share her experience about how happy she was during the vacation to the Rome, Italy last week. Even they could meet at class and shared it together there, but it didn't feel the same at lunch time—they're free to laugh loudly, talk freely without people eavesdropping, their spot were private enough though. She took a sip of oreo shake and continue flipped through the pages of the essay book, she didn't felt hungry so she decided to just drank something sweet to regain her energy for the next class, P.E. She waited for Minhye while she idly read one of the essays. A guy knocked the table, in front of her. He stood straightly while gazed down to Ara. Ara stopped her action instantly, looked up to the guy. Oh Sehun. She looked back at the essay after she gave a look to him, not caring to ask him what, why he's here. 

"Oi, don't you see me?" He asked, furrowed.

"Uhm" She simply responded, not minding him.

"Where's Minhye?" Sehun sat across her. 

"I don't know"

"Has she told you?"

"Told what?" Ara's eyes lit up at Sehun.

Sehun smirked "So, she didn't told you anything since the morning?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, and what'd I suppose to know" Ara let out a heavy sighed. It's not like she didn't want to talk with him but she was uncomfortable with the staring eyes, judging at how Sehun could sit casually with a random girl, too random girl to be exact, a girl that didn't anticipate with EXO at all but ended up one of the EXO member, Sehun, talked with her just like it's his special friend or girlfriend.

"Hey, guys!" Minhye appeared out of nowhere. Ara and Sehun jumped in surprise. They looked up to see Minhye and Jongin, stood at the side of the table. There were even more eyes glued to them. Minhye sat next to Sehun but Jongin quickly took over the seat. He gestured her to sit across him. Minhye squinted her eyes and slumped on the told seat. Every inch of Ara's face plastered with questioning looked, she missed a lot. 

"Ara, how's your holiday? Did you have much fun?" Minhye turned to Ara, her eyes were shone brightly, knowing that Ara just back from an unforgettable vacation, she guessed.

"Yeah! I have lots of presents to give you, just like you wished. Guess what, I've found the handbag! It was rarely sold in here, so that's why I think I couldn't find it anywhere here" Ara said brightly, not minding with the boys who were also hearing her.

"Oh really?! How's Rome? Did you take pictures?" Minhye squealed, she was a girl who loves to travel back then, when her parents were still alive. She hadn't travel to Rome yet so she didn't know how it is looked like, how's it felt like, inhaling Rome's fresh air and visiting the famous museums and art galleries. Sure enough, Ara was having a very great time there.

"Yea, I'll show it later on P.E class," She grinned. Jongin faked a cough, breaking the exciting conversation of Minhye and Ara. Ara's brow rose up and soon she looked back at her bestie. "And why you're with him?" She stared at Jongin as she pointed a finger to Jongin. "Don't tell me something happen when I'm not around... and you still hadn't told me?!?!" Ara added, grasped Minhye's wrist as her eyes twitched.

"Ow. Ow. Let go of that first." Minhye pleaded as she slightly jolted on her seat.

"That was what I want to tell you at the first place" Sehun said dryly as he stood up and leave us, clueless.

The rest of them changed their glance as soon as Sehun disappeared behind the crowd. Ara shrugged off and gazed to Minhye, wanting the explanation, or the other words is the things that she have missed. 

"Okay, okay, let's go to the changing room now?" Minhye suggested earning a nod by Ara.

They stood up from the seat leaving Jongin bluntly alone, but Minhye still spare a space between her and Ara to give a look and faintly smiled at him before he could return it back.

 

--

 

Minhye's pov

"YOU WHAT?!" Ara's voice pitched in the changing r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter