Chapter thirty three

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Sunday morning was perfectly fine. The weather broadcasts told the legit prediction because the day couldn’t get any better without the warm sunlight with soft wind accompanied sometimes.

It was the graduation day after all, where the day that all senior students of Gangnam High waiting for. It was the most importance event in their life to receive their high school diploma. Thus, students could begin their college for the next step to achieve their ambition and dream carriers.

Moreover, Minhye and Jongin, still hasn’t decided the best after high school. They knew, for sure, they got to take over their dads’ companies – after being combined – it would be KP Corp.

Nonetheless, they couldn’t be taken over them without any business knowledge right? They have to at least get to know something about the companies, not with zero-minded of business things and just suddenly walk into the building and stare off blankly the proposal and tenders on the tables not knowing what to do but ended up signing them bluntly in order to be submitted and following office procedures.

The couple was both heading to school with Jongin who was driving the car. As they began their journey to the school, Minhye’s mind stared to trail off, she was scared. She was scared and anxious to face the world outside the school. Knowing that there would be so many challenging consequences to confront – based on her late parents’ experiences on opening their brand new company.

But, she handled her emotion well. She knows that she’ll soon begin to be a woman and no longer a girl. Besides, having the Kim’s family on her side and most importantly her boyfriend around makes she realized she shouldn’t give up on her life even though without her biological family throughout her entire life. That was the tough part; she doesn’t have her own family to be leaning on. Minhye couldn’t lean everything and only depends on her foster parents fully because she doesn’t want to be appeared as a weak individual.

 

--

 

Minhye’s pov

The journey was rather peaceful with a soft jazzy music played on the radio. Jongin drove wordlessly and sometimes he had his hand running through his hair. We still got several minutes before seven o’clock. As I trailed off again, he sneakily and quickly drove past a loaded weighed lorry from behind at the highest speed earning a loud and continuous horn from the said heavy vehicle.

“JONGIN!” I gasped, as I widened my eyes in shock. I was surprise by his brave yet dangerous action that may cause risen anger by the other road’s users.

He, on the other hand, just laughed his off at my reaction with eyes still glued on the road. I shook my head in disapproval. 

“What? Am I’m not skillful enough?” He asked with his remaining laughter.

I scowled a bit while crossing my arms, “You almost got us in trouble, yknow” I remarked. But, that was pretty cool. I continued in my mind.

 “Heh, okay but you know what; you should be prepared for this because in the mean time – I would drive you crazy like this. So enjoy your ride girl” He sing-sang at the last sentence while chuckling in a playful manner.

“Drive me crazy? That sounds pretty different”

“Oh, now you’re thinking that way? Hah, I thought you’re so much innocent”

I couldn’t help but to grin in respond. “Whatever you say, just get us to school quickly!” I ordered with a finger pointed out to the road.

“Yes, ma’am!” He responded in a joking tone and chuckled.

 

--

 

The atmosphere was loud and lively with students which are I’m sure they’re not senior students, walked back and forth the hallway. It’s an odd situation, why would they come to school on Sunday? Isn’t it supposed to be only senior students here? I don’t know what’s going on but teachers were nowhere to be found. We squished ourselves on the crowds to figure out what happened when I heard a conversation between some girls.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe it. Chanyeol oppa still at the highest rank!”

“I know right, how could he be so clever and handsome at the same time? I’m absolutely gonna ask him out for a date”

“Geez, whatever but my heart still belonged to Kai oppa look at how he improved from number 7 to number-“

I didn’t hear them anymore when Jongin poked a finger on my waist. He had already walked a meter apart from me but since I stopped to overhear the girls’ conversation, he went back to me with a frown on his face.

“Why’d you stop?” He asked, with bafflement across his face.

I shook my head, to tell him there’s nothing and we continued to walk down the suffocate hallway. Before we could reach the auditorium, we spotted Chanyeol and Baekhyun talked with each other while punching playfully against themselves. Jongin straightly went to them, as I followed behind. I called Ara already, and she stated that she was on her way to school. So, I had no choice other than following Jongin and joined his so-called famous friends.

“Hey, guys.” Jongin waved a hand.

They immediately darted their eyes to him and grinned widely.

“Hey Kai!” They beamed together and shifted their eyes to me. I smiled lightly to them.

“Oh, hi Minhye!” Chanyeol greeted me first with his goofy smile and a nod by Baekhyun. Since I’m not so close with him.

“What’s going on here, anyway? Why is it so loud?” Jongin asked, judging the fellow students endlessly.

“Oh, you don’t know? Haven’t you checked your result?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uh-huh, did you guys check it out yet? Guess your girlfriend gonna make a speech later on” Chanyeol’s eyebrows wiggled while looking at me.

I knitted my brows, not understand his words. What speech? Why should I give a speech?

“Where’s the list? We haven’t check it yet” Jongin said, looking around the walls.

Chanyeol laughed at his question and went, “How long have you been school in here, huh? It’s on the main hall of course. Idiot!”

“Oh, right. Haha. Let’s go” Jongin motioned me to walk with him. I walked along him until we reached the main hall. It was loud with cheers among some students and there was some who struggle to squish themselves and looked through the list. My heart started to beat rapidly, I was nervous. Just who wouldn’t? The final result was the scariest thing in the world. What if I didn’t make it to the top 10 lists? What I’m going to do if I couldn’t enter the college because of my result? My hands started to form cold sweat, as we neared the bulletin board. Only God knows, how much my heart hammering hard against the rib cages. I didn’t notice that Jongin had his hand slipped on mine when I was too nervous to even find my name on the list.

I shifted my gaze to him; he gave me a reassuring smile as if he was trying to calm me down. I genuinely replied his smile back, it was kind of embarrassing that he knew how I felt trembling inside while he looked totally care less and relax about the result.

After some students done looking through the result, they leave the board. It gave us more space and more comfortable to breath when our eyes scanned the printed paper glued against the board.


FINAL RESULTS 2014 [SENIOR YEAR]

1.Park Chanyeol

2.Park Minhye

3.Oh Mina

4.Kim Jongin

5.Park Jiyeon

6.Oh Sehun

7.Jeon Jungkook

8.Peniel Shin

9.Jung Juri

10.Min Yuhwan

11. …

I mouth palmed myself when I easily spotted my name on the list. D-Did I just got number two?! Wow, this is more than I expected. I’m not crowned as a valedictorian but I highly satisfied enough.

I faced Jongin immediately with tears of joy escaped from my eyes. His jaw dropped instantly as he found out that he placed number four out of the other senior students. He couldn’t believe it either. Guess that we were all studied really hard when the final examination coming up despite of our heart shattering into pieces that time. No wonder, he’d always trapped himself in his room too, even though when weekends comes. I wondered what would happen if our relationship was fine that time. Do our position for the final would be the same as stated now? I highly doubt that. Maybe I would drop to the bottom because… I was too comfortable? Yeah, you know, when one’s heart were broken apart there would be major chances for them to drop but as for us, I think it gives much motivation to work even harder than usual. So, I guess the whole mess about me and Jongin turned out great in the end.

 I threw my arms around his neck when he responded it by snaking one of his hands on my waist. I let out a squeal because I was too happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter