My Girlfriend

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Yay!! I know you are all just as happy as I am that Jessica is finally talking.

So much positive feedback from the last chapter. Thanks so much, I'm happy you enjoyed it!  :)

A few more subscribers and upvoters. Thank you, I really do appreciate it  :))

Hope you enjoy the update!!

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"I've never had a reason to break the rules before......... but sitting here looking at you now, it feels like I've finally found someone worth breaking the rules for." Sooyoung said.

 

"Do you really think I'm worth breaking the rules for?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes, even though I don't know you well enough yet. What I do know is how you make me feel and I haven't had feelings like this for anyone in a long time." Sooyoung said as she gently Jessica's face.

 

"I haven't had feelings like this for anyone in a long time either. I'd given up on ever feeling happy again but then I met you. A beautiful and funny nurse who swept me off my feet." Jessica smiled.

 

"You stood up and walked for me, so I think I swept you onto your feet." Sooyoung grinned.

 

Jessica laughed at her.

 

"You know what is funny though. You letting me call you Ice cream. I came up with three silly names because I thought you'd think they were ridiculous. I couldn't believe it when you actually picked one of my silly names out for me to call you." Sooyoung laughed.

 

Jessica giggled.

 

"I thought the names were really weird too but now I kind of like it when you call me Ice cream." Jessica smiled.

 

"I know it actually really suits you but I have to stop myself from bursting out into laughter when I hear our Nursing Director Miss Lim call you Ice cream." Sooyoung laughed.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

"Sooyoung I can't help but wonder why someone as beautiful as you isn't already taken?" asked Jessica.

 

"I think I could get use to you calling me beautiful all the time." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"You are beautiful Sooyoung, amazingly beautiful. That's why I don't understand how you could be single."

 

"I have a best friend who tries to set me up with whoever her girlfriend at the time is best friend or anyone else she thinks is perfect for me. Only problem is I don't really like the girl's she tries to set me up with. Well I guess I like them but not in a romantic way." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well that kind of makes it hard for you."

 

"I know and to be honest I've never had a girlfriend that I've chosen myself before. My best friend has always picked out my girlfriend's for me. You are the first girl that I have ever chosen for myself." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh really, well that makes me feel very special knowing I'm the first one that you chose yourself."

 

"Well don't get to excited because I've never stayed with a girlfriend for longer than six weeks." said Sooyoung.

 

"Six weeks is the longest any of your relationships have lasted?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yep, so I think I must be a pretty bad girlfriend."

 

"Why, are they the one's that break up with you?" Jessica asked.

 

"No, I'm the one that ends up breaking up with them."

 

"Why?" asked Jessica.

 

"Because I only go out with them to stop my best friend nagging me so I guess I never really wanted to be with them in the first place and I shouldn't of agreed to go out with them when my heart wasn't in it to begin with."

 

"So you and I are already in a better position then any of your past relationships because you actually do want to date me, right?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes, I really do and don't worry because my heart has definitely fallen for you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Sooyoung that's why your other relationships failed because you never wanted to date them in the first place. That doesn't mean you're a bad girlfriend. It just means you should of been stronger and told your best friend to stay out of your love life."

 

"Yes I know, I'm still working on trying to be able to say no to my best friend's love plans for me." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well hopefully you've got a reason to say no to her now."

 

"Yes, because I'm now dating the most beautiful girl I've ever dated before." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I'm sure you've dated girls more beautiful than me." said Jessica.

 

"Yes they were attractive but I wasn't attracted to them, if you know what I mean. But I'm really attracted to you." Sooyoung said as she Jessica's hair.

 

"Well good because I want us to last longer than six weeks." Jessica smiled.

 

"I think you and I will easily last longer than six weeks." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I think so too."

 

"Have you had any serious relationships before?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I've only ever dated three girls before and yes they were pretty serious. I was with my last girlfriend for two and half years."

 

She was with her last girlfriend for that long and I haven't dated a girlfriend for any longer than six weeks. This is so not going to work, I can't see myself being good enough for Jessica to want to spend such a long time with, thought Sooyoung.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" asked Jessica.

 

"What's the shortest relationship you've had?"

 

"Um I was with my second girlfriend for eight months." Jessica said.

 

"Okay so how long were you with your first girlfriend?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"I was with her ........... um 16 months."

 

Sooyoung went quiet.

 

"What's wrong, why have you stopped talking, have I scared you off now that you know I've only had long relationships."

 

Sooyoung nodded her head.

 

Jessica gently her face.

 

"Does the thought of having a long relationship scare you or something? asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung felt sad.

 

"Sooyoung, please tell me what you're thinking right now?"

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica before a few tears escaped her eyes.

 

"Hey, why are you so sad now?" asked Jessica.

 

"I don't think I'm the right girl for you."

 

"Why? What makes you think think that?" asked Jessica.

 

"Jessica all three of your relationships were long. For a relationship to last as long as yours have must mean you're a really good girlfriend for someone to want to stay with you for so long but my relationships have been so short which means I must be a bad girlfriend so I don't think I'll be good enough for you." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

"Of course you're good enough for me. The reason my relationships are long is because I only date girls I really want to date. I've never dated anyone just for the sake of having a girlfriend. If I don't have really, really strong feelings for someone then I would never pursue a relationship with them."

 

"But Sooyoung, you were only dating those girls to keep your best friend happy. You're not dating me to keep your best friend happy are you?"

 

"No, she would kill me if she knew I was dating a patient of mine." said Sooyoung.

 

"Exactly so you want to start a relationship with me because you want to, not because someone else wants you to. So you can't compare us with your past relationships because you and I both want this."

 

"And I can't believe for one second that you would be a bad girlfriend. I know how well you treat people because I've seen it myself being your patient. Sooyoung, you would have to be the most caring and kind person that I have ever met. So please believe that we are capable of having a happy and long relatonship too." said Jessica.

 

"I really do want us to last for a long time and I want to prove to you that I can be a good girlfriend but you're so much more experienced at this than me. That's why I'm doubting that I can be all that you want me to be." Sooyoung said.

 

"You don't have to prove anything to me and all I really want you to be is yourself because that's the girl I fell for." said Jessica.

 

"Okay I got it......... just be myself. Well myself is telling me that I really want you to stand up with me now so we can have another long hug." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"See that's why I want you to be yourself because I really want to have another long hug with you too." Jessica smiled back.

 

They both got up off the bed and hugged eachother for a long time.

 

"Did you want to lie on the bed with me and watch another movie?" asked Jessica.

 

"I'd love to but can I ask you one more question first?"

 

"Sure." said Jessica.

 

"How come your family and friends haven't come looking for you since you've been hopitalized?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I promise one day I'll answer that question for you but I'm just not ready to talk about that yet."

 

Sooyoung could tell Jessica felt uneasy and wasn't ready to talk about it.

 

"Okay let's watch a movie then." Sooyoung smiled.

 

I'm so glad she didn't push me to talk about that yet. At least I didn't cry this time. With Sooyoung here by my side I have something to bring a smile to my face again or should I say someone, thought Jessica.

 

"Well you lie down and get comfortable and I'll put the movie on for us this time." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung grabbed one of Jessica's pillows then laid down on her tummy facing the TV. Once Jessica put the movie on she grabbed a pillow as well and lied down next to Sooyoung.

 

Half way through the movie.

 

"I'm going to sit back up the other end of the bed. Will you sit up on the bed with me too?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Okay."

 

They both moved and sat up close next to each other with their backs against the bedhead.

 

"Are you comfy now?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica then reached for Sooyoung's hand and held it tightly.

 

Sooyoung smiled at her. They sat happily holding hands for about 20 minutes until there was a knock at the door.

 

"Dinner." the voice called out.

 

"It's dinner time already." said Jessica.

 

"Stay here I'll walk to the door and get it for you." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung got Jessica's dinner tray and then walked over to the table.

 

"How come you're not sitting over here ready to eat your dinner." asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica then got off the bed and walked over to Sooyoung.

 

"You can have my dinner."

 

"I'm not going to eat your dinner it's for you." said Sooyoung.

 

"But you love your food and you haven't eaten for ages. I want you to have it."

 

"The only thing you've eaten all day is my rice. So listen to your nurse slash girlfriend and eat your dinner." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"You just said girlfriend." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled back at her.

 

"Well because I like my girlfriend so much, I'll listen to her and eat my dinner." she smiled.

 

"Oh so you'll listen to your girlfriend but not your nurse." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"I still really like my nurse but I'm not allowed to hold hands and stuff with my nurse but I can with my girlfriend." Jessica smiled cheekily.

 

"So do you think you can eat your dinner with one hand?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Um yes, why?"

 

Sooyoung placed her chair right next to Jessica's then grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

 

"Oh you wanted to hold my hand huh, but my beautiful girlfriend there's a problem with that."' said Jessica smiling.

 

Sooyoung grinned at her.

 

"I'm right handed and you're holding my right hand."

 

"I know but I thought my girlfriend was so talented that she'd be able to eat her dinner using her left hand." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Well that kind of sounds like a challenge to me." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung laughed.

 

"Okay go for it, I'm watching." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica attempted to eat her dinner using her left hand but she dropped her food before it got to .

 

Sooyoung giggled.

 

"Oh you think this is so funny, don't you?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yep, but because I'm such a nice girlfriend, I'd like to offer my services to help feed you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I think if I feed myself with my left hand that I will probably still get more food in my mouth then if you feed me." she said cheekily.

 

"Hey you, don't be so mean." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Okay then I'll let you feed me." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung fed Jessica her dinner. They laughed so much when Sooyoung managed to miss Jessica's mouth a couple of times and the food fell onto Jessica's lap or on the floor.

 

"Thanks for feeding me even though half of it ended up on me or the floor."

 

Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Well I really should leave now otherwise The Nursing Director and the other nurse's will start wondering why I'm spending so long with you today." 

 

Jessica looked sadly at her.

 

"Don't be sad, I'll come back tomorrow and buy some lunch for us on the way. Do you like noodles?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes I love noodles but how come your not coming to see me until lunch time." said Jessica.

 

"Because we're secretly dating and if I spend all day with you people might start to talk." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay then but will you stay all afternoon with me?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes I can't wait to spend all afternoon with you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Sooyoung packed her bag and Jessica walked her to the door.

 

"This was the best day ever. I finally know your name and you've started talking to me and you even walked. Plus we hugged and I got to hold hands with you. I'm so happy and to top it all off I actually have a girlfriend now. Even if you're a girlfriend that no one knows about I don't care because you're still mine." Sooyoung smiled happily.

 

"I feel the same way and Sooyoung thank you for bringing some happiness back into my life again." Jessica smiled.

 

"You're welcome but I'm going to miss you so much now until I get to see you again tomorrow." said Sooyoung.

 

"I'm going to miss you more." said Jessica.

 

"Hey can I take a photo of us with my phone so we've got something to remember our first day together as a couple." Sooyoung asked.

 

"Great idea." 

 

The two of them posed happily while Sooyoung took a photo of them together.

 

"Can I see it please?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung showed her the photo.

 

"I love it, that's such a great photo." Jessica smiled.

 

"I know. Well bye my cute little Ice cream, I'll see you tomorrow."

 

"So I'm your cute little Ice cream am I?" Jessica smiled.

 

"Yep." Sooyoung grinned as she went to leave.

 

"Wait........ I forgot to give you this." Jessica said as she moved in close and placed a short, sweet kiss on Sooyoung's lips.

 

"Wow." Sooyoung said as she began to feel giddy.

 

"Um..... I'll see you um......um....... tomorrow." Sooyoung said as she turned around and walked into the wall.

 

"There's a wall there." Jessica smiled.

 

"Um.... yeah......um........ I knew that." Sooyoung smiled as she tried to control the extreme happiness she was feeling after Jessica kissed her...............