Humiliated

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Hi Readers,

I know you all want to know what happened in Jessi's past but how Sooyoung finds out about Jessica's past is a big part of this story, so you will find out really soon but not just yet. There's been a few hints in past chapters about what may have happened. I actually thought some of you would of worked it out by now and maybe some of you have but you just haven't said anything in the comments yet ..........

Here's the update!!   :)

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Mummy!! Daddy!! Krystal!!!! ................ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed out again.

 

Sooyoung came running into her room.

 

"It's okay Yoong. I'll take care of her now." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung then wrapped her arms around Jessica.

 

"I'm here now Jessi. It's Sooyoung, I'm here with you now."

 

The other girls left the room silently while waving to Sooyoung. Fany shut the door as she left.

 

Sooyoung placed a soft kiss on Jessica's cheek.

 

"Jessi it's Soo. I'm here now."

 

Jessica opened her eyes slowly then looked towards Soo who was still hugging her.

 

"I had another nightmare didn't I?"

 

"Yes, I was having my shower. You haven't been asleep long so I didn't think you would have one already. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you."

 

"Don't be silly Soo. You are here for me. You can't be here with me every second that I'm asleep but your here right now and that's all that matters." Jessica said before giving Sooyoung a kiss.

 

"I know you're tired so let's go to sleep." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay but can you cuddle me Soo."

 

Sooyoung cuddled Jessica, after a while they both fell asleep. Jessica didn't have anymore nightmares for the rest of the night.

 

Sooyoung woke up first but she didn't want to wake up Jessica because she looked so peaceful but after lying with her for 15 minutes Soo decided to wake her up.

 

Sooyoung kissed her cheek and shook her arm gently but it didn't wake her. Well she told me I should do other things to wake her up so I guess I'll touch her then, thought Sooyoung.

 

She gently placed her hand up Jessica's pyjama shirt and grabbed hold of her . Jessica's eyes flung open.

 

"As long as that's my girlfriend doing that it's fine." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled then took her hand away.

 

"Why are you stopping Soo?"

 

"Because I already woke you up. Why do you want me to do it again?"

 

"No don't worry because if you do you'll and I'll want to go all the way with you and our first time needs to be somewhere special."

 

"You keep saying that but I'm starting to think you don't want to make love with me anymore." said Sooyoung.

 

"Don't you start monster, you know how much I want to make love with you but I don't want to let you down since you say you hate . So when it happens I want you to remember it as something romantic and truly amazing." Jessica smiled.

 

"Romantic and truly amazing huh. I can't wait." Sooyoung said as she met Jessica's lips for a long kiss.

 

Sooyoung then got a text from Tiffany :

 

Hi Soo,

Bora and I are going to the

Botanical gardens for a picnic

lunch. Do you and Jessi want to

come along? Sorry I didn't want

to walk in your room in case I

interrupted something  ;)  We'll

leave in 30 mins.

love Fany  xx

 

Sooyoung handed her phone to Jessica. She read the text from Fany.

 

"Yes we should go. Do you want to go?" asked Jessica.

 

"If you want to go than yes but......"

 

"But what Soo?"

 

"Lot's of people will be there so...."

 

"Don't worry I'll wear a hoody again but I'm not taking my wheelchair." said Jessica.

 

"Okay," Sooyoung smiled.

 

The four of them headed to the gardens for a picnic in Bora's car. Sooyoung warned Bora before they left that Jessi didn't like being in cars so Bora drove extra carefully.

 

All four of them had a fun but relaxing time at the picnic. By the time they got back home it was after three in the afternoon.

 

"What time do you have to be back at the hospital?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"I should really be heading back soon."

 

"Soon, really?" Sooyoung asked sadly.

 

"I don't want to go either. I've had such a fun weekend. Thanks for letting me stay with you." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung began to tear up.

 

"Soo what's wrong?" Jessica asked.

 

Sooyoung put her head down.

 

"Come with me." Jessica said as she grabbed Sooyoung's hand and took her to the bedroom.

 

"Talk to me what's going on?"

 

"I'm not going to be able to see you tomorrow." Sooyoung said with tears.

 

"You've just started thinking about Mr. Lee again haven't you because I'm about to go home and you're going to the funeral tomorrow?"

 

"Yes, when I'm with you I stop thinking about him for a while but you're about to leave and....." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

"I really wish I could be there for you Soo."

 

"It's okay I know you can't be." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica pulled Sooyoung in for a very long hug. Jessi then packed her bag to return to the hospital.

 

"I don't want you to get a taxi. I'll drive you back."

 

"Soo you know you can't do that. Someone will definitely see you drop me off." said Jessica.

 

"I miss you and you haven't even left yet." Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica Sooyoung's face.

 

"I wish I was ready to discharge myself Soo, I really do."

 

"I know, I'm hoping one day you'll be here living with me and not staying in the hospital anymore." said Sooyoung.

 

"You like me that much huh? You must be in love then." Jessica smiled before hugging Sooyoung again. Then they headed out to the front of the house to wait for the taxi.

 

After the taxi arrived.

 

"I love you Jessi. Bye."

 

"I love you too and I know it's going to be hard for you tomorrow at the funeral but I'll be thinking about you, okay." Jessica said before giving Sooyoung a goodbye kiss.

 

 

 

The Next Day -  Monday.

 

 

 

Sooyoung went to Mr. Lee's funeral. She sat with Choa and Seungyeon. She was really upset throughout the funeral. She still had tears when she drove home. 

 

Once she hopped out of her car she noticed someone sitting on the bottom of the stairs.

 

"Jessi!!." 

 

They rushed towards each other and hugged tightly.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I really wanted to be there for you today and I knew I couldn't go to the funeral with you but I'm here now for you." Jessica said as she hugged Soo tightly again.

 

Jessica then wiped Sooyoung's tears.

 

"Thank you for being here for me." said Sooyoung.

 

They walked upstairs and walked into the lounge room.

 

"I just feel so tired, like really, really tired." Sooyoung said.

 

"That's because you've been crying so much. Why don't I turn the TV on and you can have a sleep on the sofa."

 

"Wouldn't you be angry with me if I had a sleep now?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"No, just lie down Soo. I'll come and lie down with you. We can nap together." Jessica said as she turned the TV on.

 

She then snuggled up on the sofa with Sooyoung. Both of them eventually falling asleep. They woke up two hours later. Sooyoung woke first and Jessi's hair gently.

 

Jessica woke and looked at her.

 

"Looks like you were tired too." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I always find it easier to sleep when I'm with you. You know the nurse said I woke up eight times last night with nightmares."

 

Sooyoung looked at her in shock.

 

"Oh my god eight times......."

 

"I think I should go see Miss Lim and tell her I only have one nightmare when I sleep with Nurse Sooyoung." Jessica grinned.

 

"Haha so I could like tell her that I was only sleeping with you to be a good nurse. Somehow I don't think she'd be too happy with that." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"It's true though Soo. Each night I've slept with you I've only had one nightmare and I just had a nap with you now and didn't have a nightmare. See that's scientific proof that our relationship is good for me." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled at her. Jessica leant up to meet Sooyoung's lips for a long kiss.

 

They talked about all sorts of things for the next hour then.....

 

"I'm sorry Soo but I need to get back to the hospital now. I wish I didn't have to go back." 

 

"It's okay, I'm just so glad I got to see you today. Thanks for coming. You're the best Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled before hugging Jessica.

 

 

 

Thursday -  Regional Director's Visit.

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Jessica were waiting with Miss Lim in her office for the Regional Director to arrive. Once Mr. Jeong Hyeongdon arrived he greeted them all.

 

He spoke with Miss Lim and then Sooyoung for a while before approaching Jessica.

 

"So Ice cream, I'm glad to meet you after hearing so much about you. I hear you've made some great progress at this hospital which proves just how great the hospital and your nurse's are."

 

"So how about you write some replies out for me on this bit of paper." he smiled as he handed her a piece of paper.

 

Do you like this hospital? Mr. Jeong asked.

 

Jessica just nodded her head.

 

"Did you want to write your reply down on the piece of paper next time? he asked.

 

"So do you have a favourite nurse at this hospital?"

 

Jessica nodded and pointed to Sooyoung.

 

What is Jessi doing, thought Sooyoung. How come she's not writing her answers for Mr. Jeong.

 

"Okay well um what's your favourite meal at the hospital?"

 

Jessica just shrugged her shoulders.

 

Mr. Jeong looked at Miss Lim and said.

 

"Maybe this patient isn't as far advanced as you thought." 

 

"She usually writes doesn't she Sooyoung." said Miss Lim.

 

"Yes Mr. Jeong she normally does." said Sooyoung. She then looked disappointedly towards Jessica.

 

"Okay last question then. So do you think perhaps the hospital staff have pushed you to progress faster than you are ready to?"

 

Jessica nodded her head.

 

I can't believe you just did that Jessi, thought Sooyoung. She felt like her girlfriend had just stabbed her in the heart. She did her best to stop herself from crying, which she managed to do until Mr. Jeong dismissed her from the room.

 

She wheeled Jessica out to the main desk and then.

 

"Could you please take Ice cream back to her room." Sooyoung said to another nurse.

 

The nurse took her back to her room while Sooyoung rushed to the staff room to cry. Why did she do that to me. That was so embarrassing, my own girlfriend just humiliated me in front of the regional director.

 

Yoona walked into the staff room and noticed Sooyoung crying.

 

"Soo, what's wrong?"

 

Sooyoung explained everything to Yoona.

 

"Why would she do that. It makes no sense" said Yoona.

 

"Anyway could you please take her on as your patient now. I don't want her anymore." Sooyoung cried.

 

"But Soo...."

 

"Please Yoong, I can't be with her anymore." she sobbed.

 

"Okay, alright I'll do it then." Yoona said.

 

Yoona gave Sooyoung a big hug before taking off to see Jessica.

 

She entered the room. Jessica was sitting on the bed.

 

"Why didn't Soo bring me back to my room?" Jessica asked.

 

"Because she's in the staff room crying. That's why Jessi."

 

"Why is she crying?"

 

"So you don't think the fact that you just embarrassed her in front of the Regional Director wouldn't make her feel like crying." Yoona said angrily.

 

"I...... I wasn't thinking properly. I didn't mean to embarrass her.

 

"Well she is embarrassed and she doesn't want to be your nurse anymore." said Yoona.

 

Jessica just froze after she heard Yoona's words. Soo doesn't want to be my nurse anymore......

 

"Um could you please get her to come see me?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'll tell her but I'm not sure that she'll come." Yoona said before leaving the room.

 

Miss Lim walked into the staff room to see Sooyoung crying.

 

"Sooyoung what happened with Ice cream today? Did you two have an argument before the meeting?"

 

"No we didn't argue. I have no idea why she didn't write anything down and now Mr. Jeong is upset with us right?"

 

"He wasn't very happy especially when Ice cream agreed that we were pushing her to progress to fast. I thought she was more than ready for this today. Can you please find out why she didn't want to write today." asked Miss Lim.

 

"I don't want to be her nurse anymore."

 

"Pardon."

 

"I don't want to be Ice cream's nurse anymore. She obviously needs a change. Yoona said she would be her nurse now." said Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not sure I agree with that decision. You can swap for now but I'll meet with you and Yoona next week to discuss it again."

 

Miss Lim then went back to her office and Yoona walked in to see Sooyoung.

 

"She wants to talk to you Soo."

 

"Well I don't want to talk to her."

 

"Soo you want answers don't you. Just ask her why she did it. She told me that she never meant to embarrass you." said Yoona.

 

"Fine I'll go see her then." Sooyoung then took off to Jessica's room.

 

She entered then locked the door.

 

"Soo I'm sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you. I'm sorry if I made you cry." Jessica said as she rushed over and grabbed Soo's hands. Sooyoung pulled her hands away from Jessica's grasp.

 

"You just humiliated me in front of our Regional Director. Why? Why would you do that?" Sooyoung asked angrily.

 

"I didn't want you to get a promotion because of how great of a nurse you are. Then they would transfer you to a bigger hospital and you wouldn't be my nurse anymore."

 

"So you did it because you only care about yourself and not me. This is my job and my life, even if I did get a promotion it doesn't mean I would of excepted it."

 

"Why couldn't you have talked to me about your feelings before we went to the meeting instead of embarrassing me like that. He's our Regional Director and you just made me look like a complete fool in front of him."

 

You know what I'm done. I'm done with being your nurse okay. Yoona will be with your nurse from now on." Sooyoung said in anger as she headed for the door.

 

"I'm sorry. Soo please don't go." Jessi said but Sooyoung kept walking towards the door.

 

"You're not done with being my girlfriend are you?" ..............