If They Come Back

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

 

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank all of you who have read, subscribed, upvoted, commented and supported this fic right until the end. Thank you :))

So here's the final chapter. I hope you enjoy it!!

 

 

************************************************************************************** 

 

If you've enjoyed this fic then maybe you would like to subscribe to my new fic 'Words Of Love'.

The first chapter will be released soon.......

 

**************************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"That's why I wanted to see you Sooyoung. I've only just been told this now when I arrived for work. It seems Sooyoung that Ice cream discharged herself from the hospital last night." said Miss Lim.

 

"What?" Sooyoung said in shock.

 

"I'm guessing this is the first you've heard about this too."

 

"She's gone........... what have I done? Oh my god what have I done." Sooyoung said with tears running down her face.

 

"Sooyoung I really can't see Ice cream taking off without letting you know for a good reason." said Miss Lim.

 

"She didn't tell me because she knew it would break my heart. This is all my fault I brought her and Mnyoung back together again and now they've driven off into the sunset to live happily ever after. I must be the biggest idiot ever."

 

"Don't jump to conclusions, I can't see her doing that to you. The way she felt about you was very real so maybe there's some other explanation for her not letting you know." said Miss Lim.

 

Sooyoung broke down with more tears. Miss Lim then paged Yoona and Seohyun to come to her office.

 

When Yoona and Seohyun entered the office they saw Sooyoung in tears and Yoona instantly hugged Soo while Seo her hair.

 

Miss Lim explained the latest news to them.

 

"Soo it may not feel like it right now but you did the right thing for her. She needed closure with Minyoung and I'm sure it's not over for the two of you." said Seohyun.

 

"She discharged herself with her ex girlfriend. I'm pretty sure it's over for the two of us."

 

"Can I take Soo home Miss Lim? I don't think she should be at work today." said Yoona.

 

"Yes that's fine Yoona."

 

Before they left the hospital Sooyoung wanted to take a look at Jessica's room. She wanted to make sure this wasn't some kind of bad dream.

 

But when she entered the room the reality that her Ice cream was no longer a patient anymore really hit her hard. 

 

"She's gone Yoong, I didn't want to believe it but she's really gone." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

Yoona sent a text message to Fany asking if she could leave work to spend the day with Sooyoung.

 

"Maybe Jessi will be waiting for me when I get home." Sooyoung said feeling slightly brighter at the thought.

 

Yoona then drove Soo home. Disappointment took over Sooyoung's face when she realized Jessica wasn't waiting at her house.

 

They went upstairs and after 15 minutes Fany turned up. Yoona hugged Sooyoung then headed back to the hospital.

 

"Why hasn't she told me what's happening. I thought we had something special but now she's gone."

 

"Soo you don't know if she's really gone. There's no doubt that she loves you so ........."

 

"No Fany she's gone back to be with Minyoung and I was the bloody idiot that thought our short relationship was stronger than her two and a half year relationship with Minyoung. What was I even thinking seriously who sets their girlfriend up with their ex.......... me that's who. Can you see the word 'LOSER' written on my forehead?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Soo you did what you thought was right."

 

"And all that right gets me is a broken heart.....(sob)....... I've lost her haven't I.......(sob)......."

 

"Soo you don't know if you've lost her for sure yet. Let me take you shopping so you can get a new phone. At least she can call you then, for all you know she may have been trying to call you but your phone is broken and she can't talk to you."

 

"She doesn't have a phone so she wouldn't be calling me on my phone. So there's no need to get a new one right now." said Sooyoung.

 

Fany stayed with Sooyoung the whole time. Sooyoung refused to eat or drink anything. When it got to 11pm Fany couldn't stay awake any longer.

 

"Sorry Soo but I'm starting to fall asleep, I'm going to bed. You should go to bed too."

 

But Sooyoung didn't go to bed she just stayed on the sofa hoping Jessi would come and knock on the door.

 

 

 

 

The day before  -  Jessica and Minyoung in the hospital

 

 

 

 

Jessica and Minyoung hugged for a long time before.......

 

"Where did Soo go?" asked Jessica.

 

"I guess she wanted to leave us alone to talk." said Minyoung.

 

"So I'm guessing Soo organized for you to come and visit me?"

 

"Yes she thought it would help both of us to talk again and sort out any problems we might still have. So we can both maybe try to move forward." said Minyoung.

 

"Well thanks for coming and.......... you need to know that I don't blame you for anything to do with that night now and I never should of blamed you in the first place."

 

"You were suffering from the biggest loss and I understood why you took it out on me but your disappointment in me has stuck with me ever since. So to hear you say that you don't blame me anymore takes a big load of my shoulders." said Minyoung.

 

"Well Soo helped me see things more clearly and really what you did that night was actually save my life because otherwise I would of been dead in that car as well. So thank you Minyoung."

 

A big smile took over Minyoung's face. "I never thought I'd ever hear you say that to me. You don't know how much that means to me Jessi."

 

They continued talking for a while before......

 

"Oh Minyoung could I please use your phone to call Soo because she would of gone home by now and I don't want her worrying thinking I'm mad at her for getting you to come visit me."

 

Jessi called Sooyoung but the phone rang a couple of times before cutting out.

 

"I guess I'll try again later." said Jessica.

 

"So reading between the lines Sooyoung's not just your nurse is she?" asked Minyoung.

 

"No she's not. We've been dating for a while now and she's the best thing thats ever happened to me...... Oh sorry not that you weren't great for me too but it's just......"

 

"It's okay Jessi you don't have to explain it. I think it's fantastic to see just how happy you are right now. But what I don't understand is you seem to be doing so well, so how come you still have to stay in hospital?" asked Minyoung.

 

"You know what...... I really don't think I do need to be here anymore. I think I'm fully recovered now and the only thing I won't do is drive but if that's the only thing I won't do than I think I'm ready to be discharged." Jessica smiled.

 

Jessica and Minyoung talked for a while longer before......

 

"Minyoung do you think you could do me a huge favour?"

 

"Yes sure, what is it?"

 

"Could you help me pack up my room here and then could I please get a lift home with you because I need to pack up some of my things for my next move." said Jessica.

 

"Where are you moving to?"

 

"Sooyoung's, we made a deal that after I've been discharged that I would move in with her." Jessica said smiling.

 

Once they packed everything up. Jessica filled out all the paperwork to be discharged and then Minyoung drove her home.

 

"Could I try to call Soo one last time on your phone?"

 

"Sure."

 

This time the phone didn't ring at all. That's strange, I wonder why I can't get through, thought Jessica. She then handed the phone back to Minyoung.

 

"Thanks so much for driving me home Min." 

 

"You're welcome and I'm happy for you Jessi. You've got that spark back in you again and I'm sure your Mum, Dad and Krystal would be so happy for you as well."

 

Jessica started packing her things as soon as she walked in the door. She was so excited just thinking about the next chapter of her life living with Sooyoung.

 

 

 

At Sooyoung's house 

 

 

 

Sooyoung tried to stay awake on the sofa still hoping that Jessi would come see her. She eventually fell asleep. When she woke up in the morning she decided she was going to take matters into her own hands.

 

She had a shower and then told Fany she was going to drive to Jessi's family home. She wanted Jessica to know that their love was worth fighting for even if she said she wanted to be with Minyoung.

 

She stopped at the shops on the way and bought a big bunch of Sunflowers. She wanted to visit the cemetery on the way to Jessi's house.

 

She pulled into the cemetery and walked to the Jung gravestones.

 

"I bought you some sunflowers Mrs. Jung. I hope you like them."

 

"I think Jessi has decided to go back to Minyoung. I love your Jessi so much and I'm not ready to be without her yet. But maybe her being with Minyoung makes her feel closer to all of you."

 

"I mean you all would of spent some amazing times together with Jessi and Minyoung and unfortunately I never had the chance to spend time with all of you."

 

"And I guess it would be really selfish of me to stand in the way of true love."

 

It just hit Sooyoung that maybe she wasn't the right one for Jessica. Maybe Minyoung was and she was prepared to step aside if it meant that Jessi would be happier even though she knew it would totally break her own heart to not be with Jessica anymore.

 

She farewelled the Jungs before she headed back to her car and drove home.

 

Jessica had organized for a removal truck to take her things to Sooyoung's house while she caught a taxi there. She asked the taxi driver to stop at the cemetery on the way.

 

When she approached the gravestones she noticed the bunch of Sunflowers. Wow someone bought Mum sunflowers, thought Jessica.

 

She talked to the gravestones for a while and let her family know that she wasn't sure when the next time would be that she could visit but she told them all she loved them and was looking forward to her life with Sooyoung.

 

She then got back in the taxi to head to Sooyoung's house.

 

"I decided that Jessi's happiness needs to come before mine. She's had such a traumatic time with what happened to her family and if Minyoung is the one she wants to be with then I just have to accept that." Sooyoung said with tears.

 

"But Soo......" said Fany.

 

"I'm just going to go out for a bit."

 

"Where are you going?" Fany asked.

 

"I don't know...... somewhere."

 

"Please Soo don't go. Just stay here with me, I think you need to be with friends right now."

 

"I'm sorry Fany I think I really need to be alone right now." Sooyoung said before taking off in her car.

 

A short time later Jessica turned up in a taxi at Sooyoung's house. She knocked on the door.

 

"Oh my god Jessi, where have you been?" Fany asked.

 

Jessica explained everything to Fany.

 

"Soo's phone broke that's why you weren't able to reach her. But Jessi, Soo thinks you discharged yourself from the hospital so you could get back together with MInyoung."

 

"What? Why would she think that?"

 

"Because you said you were going to put photos up in your room and one of them was of you and Minyoung."

 

"I wasn't going to put that photo on display. It was already in the envelope. I didn't add it in, it was already there."

 

"And when you didn't come to see her after you discharged yourself she assumed you had left her for Minyoung." said Fany.

 

"Well she's got it all wrong. I love her so much, she's the one I want to be with not Minyoung. Where is she now?"

 

"I have no idea. She just took off to be alone she said."

 

Sooyoung headed to the dock's. As much as she knew she should be trying to put Jessi behind her she couldn't and while she was sitting on the bench seat she couldn't help but think of the ice cream kiss they had shared there.

 

Hara walked towards Sooyoung.

 

"Hi Sooyoung."

 

Soo looked at her but knew if she said hello she would burst into tears.

 

"Are you okay?" Hara asked.

 

Then Sooyoung did break out with tears. Hara sat next to her and rubbed her back. She then called out to her friends she was with and told them she'd catch up with them later.

 

"What's wrong Soo?"

 

"Jessi left me for her ex girlfriend."

 

"What no way, what happened?" Hara said as she put her arm around Sooyoung.

 

Bora had done Fany a favour by dropping some stock off at the river boat. While she was walking back to her car she saw Sooyoung and Hara together.

 

Sooyoung told Hara about everything that had happened the last couple of days.

 

When Bora arrived back at Sooyoung's house the removal truck was there unloading Jessica's things.

 

"Jessi you're finally back, why arn't you with Soo right now?" asked Bora.

 

"I have no idea where she is."

 

"She's at the docks with Hara." 

 

"What? She's with Hara. I need to go see Soo right now. Would you guys be able to wait here while my things are unloaded?"

 

"Yes of course we can." said Fany.

 

"I hate to ask but would you let me borrow your car?" Jessi asked Fany.

 

"My car? Soo said that you don't drive anymore and that you won't ever drive again."

 

"I know I did say that but I want to see my girlfriend before Hara makes any moves on her."

 

"Okay sure. I'll just grab the keys for you."

 

Jessica grabbed the toy kitten to take with her for the drive. She felt like Soo was with her whenever she had the kitten so it made her feel safe.

 

Back at the docks............

 

"I really can't believe that she left you Soo. I mean she gave me the impression that she wouldn't ever break up with you." said Hara.

 

"I thought Jessi and I felt the same way about each other but I guess I was wrong." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

"You need to take your mind off her for a bit Soo. Let's go do something together. We can go eat or see a movie or we can even get blind rotten drunk together if it'd make you feel better."

 

Sooyoung smiled at Hara.

 

"Come on Soo, let's go."

 

Back at Sooyoung's house. Jessica was just sitting in the car taking in deep breaths. Fany opened the door.

 

"Jessi I can just drive you there." said Fany.

 

"No it's okay I need to do this. Bye Fany." she then started the car and drove off.

 

Oh my god I'm actually driving. I never would of imagined I would ever do this again. I need to catch up with Soo before Hara lays any hands on her, thought Jessica.

 

When she arrived at the docks she saw Hara walking away from the carpark.

 

"Hara." Jessica yelled.

 

Hara ran back towards Jessica. "How could you hurt Sooyoung like that?"

 

"It's just a misunderstanding. I didn't get back with my ex girlfriend."

 

"Well Sooyoung's so upset because she thinks you did."

 

"Where is she I thought she was with you?" asked Jessica.

 

"She was, I tried to get her to go out somewhere with me but she turned me down because she said she needed to go to the place where it all started." 

 

"What does that even mean........ the place where it all started?" asked Jessica.

 

"Well she can't stop thinking about you so I assumed she was talking about the place where it all started with you." said Hara.

 

"Oh my god of course, thanks Hara and by the way I do trust you now." Jessi said as she ran towards the car.

 

Sooyoung parked her car at the hospital. The sun had just gone down so she walked along the lit pathway to the area outside the hospital where she had first met Jessica. She sat down just thinking things over.

 

Jessica parked Fany's car at the hospital. She grabbed the toy kitten and started walking towards the outside area where she first met Soo. She could see a figure off in the distance. So she approached from behind so Sooyoung wouldn't see her.

 

She then threw the toy kitten at Sooyoung. Soo saw the kitten and a huge smile took over her face before she turned around.

 

"JESSI...." Sooyoung got up excitedly. Jessica rushed towards Sooyoung and hugged her tightly.

 

"I heard rumours that you thought I left you for Minyoung. Choi Sooyoung I thought you knew how much I love you. I can't believe you thought I would leave you like that."

 

"But you didn't come and see me. You just disappeared. What did you expect me to think." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica explained everything to Sooyoung. She was so excited to hear that Jessica was moving in with her.

 

"As if I would of broken up with you when I'm the longest ever relationship you've had. Now our next goal is for you to be the longest relationship I've had. I hope you can put up with me for longer than two and a half years." Jessica smiled.

 

"I'm hoping to put up with you for a lot longer than that." Sooyoung said as she grabbed hold of Jessi's hands.

 

"Oh can I finally give you the gift I bought for you." Jessica said as she pulled it out of her pocket.

 

"Wait I've got one for you too."

 

"On the count of three let's open them.. one........two.........three." said Jessica.

 

They opened their gifts and were happily surprised to see they had bought the same lockets for each other.

 

"Together forever lockets. Let's hope we are together forever." Sooyoung smiled and Jessi smiled back at her.

 

"Come here." Jessi said. Sooyoung moved closer to her.

 

"It's been so long since my kissing monster actually gave me a kiss. Would you like to do something about that."

 

Sooyoung met Jessica's lips for an extra long romantic kiss.

 

"Jessi do you know just how proud I am of you. You're no longer a patient at this hospital. To think how far you've come from that first day I met you right here."

 

"It's all thanks to you Soo. I think you might be even more prouder of me when I tell you how I got here."

 

"Why, how'd you get here?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"I drove here." Jessica said with a big smile on her face.

 

"You drove here?"

 

"Yes I did."

 

"Oh my god Jessi." Sooyoung hugged Jessica and then spun her around in excitement.

 

"Nurse Sooyoung's going to miss her patient Ice cream but your girlfriend is so happy to start a secret free relationship with you." Sooyoung smiled as she Jessi's face.

 

Jessica gave her a quick kiss before.

 

"Don't worry you won't miss patient Ice cream." she then picked the toy kitten up. "Because I'll keep throwing this at you even when we're at home." Jessi smiled before throwing it at Soo again.

 

They took turns throwing the kitten at each other before Sooyoung fell to the ground in laughter. Jessica joined her on the ground and they shared another kiss.

 

"I love you Jessi. I'm so glad Miss Lim picked me to be your nurse."

 

"I'm so glad she picked you too. Who would of thought after the first time you talked to me and I ignored you that the two of us would be here like this right now. Super, mega, hugely in love with each other." Jessica grinned.

 

"I'm so excited that we're going to be living together. How about we head home now Soo."

 

"Okay but how about I leave my car here for now so that you can drive me home." said Sooyoung smiling.

 

"Do you really want me to drive you home?" Jessica asked with a smile.

 

"Yes." Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"Okay well I'd love to drive you home then." 

 

Once they got in the car they shared another long kiss before Jessica started to drive them home. Sooyoung had the biggest smile on her face. She was amazed at just how far her Jessica Ice cream had progressed since she first arrived at the hospital.

 

Wow what a rollercoaster ride I've been on. I'd lost all hope in life and love. But one person is all it took. One beautiful, kind, caring and funny person is all it took for me to turn my life around. She's like an angel that helped me see when almost all the light was gone.

 

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever of imagined that I'd be driving again right now. But since I've met Nurse Sooyoung. I started to write again, talk again, walk again and most importantly I started to love again..................

 

 

                                                                    The End.