Cheer Up

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Oh yeah, there's one more thing I need to do before I take you outside." Sooyoung smiled before crouching down and kissing Jessica slowly for a long time........... until.

 

They heard one knock before the door flung open and Yoona walked in.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica instantly pulled away from their kiss.

 

"Hi, Sooyoung can I talk to you for a minute." said Yoona.

 

"Um..... sure." said Sooyoung wondering if they had pulled out of their kiss before Yoona saw them.

 

Sooyoung and Yoona then walked out the door and further down the hallway.

 

Oh my god did Yoona see us kissing. I don't want Sooyoung to lose her job because of me, thought Jessica.

 

Sooyoung stood nervously waiting to see what Yoona was going to say.

 

"Is there something you need to tell me?" asked Yoona.

 

"Um... no I don't think so."

 

"Soo come on, I know you're hiding something from me."

 

Oh crap, she saw us kissing. What do I do now, thought Sooyoung.

 

"What exactly am I hiding from you?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I thought you and I were close friends." said Yoona.

 

"We are."

 

"Well why didn't you tell me your exciting news then?" asked Yoona.

 

"Who have you been talking to?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Fany."

 

"Oh, she told you I was dating someone didn't she." said Sooyoung.

 

"Yes, why didn't you tell me? Fany said you're dating a girl you chose yourself and that she had nothing to do with it."

 

"It's true I am but I didn't want to say anything yet because it's all so new. We've only been dating two days." said Sooyoung.

 

"Fair enough but when will we get to meet her?" asked Yoona.

 

"I sort of want to get to know her a bit better myself before I introduce her to my friends."

 

"So where did you meet her then?" asked Yoona.

 

"That's too many questions from you Yoong. I can't tell you everything at once, then I'll have nothing left to tell you and I really need to get back to Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Oh you're no fun, I'll ask you some more questons at lunch time." Yoona smiled.

 

"Sorry I won't be there at lunch time. I'll be in having lunch with Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Again? You spend so much time with her. Are you ever going to have lunch with us again?"

 

"Not if you're going to keep asking me questions about my new girlfriend." Sooyoung grinned.

 

"Seohyun knows as well, so maybe she can get some more information out of you." said Yoona.

 

"She can try but I don't think she'll get very far." Sooyoung smiled.

 

They both smiled at each other before taking off in different directions.

 

Sooyoung walked back into Jessica's room and locked the door behind her.

 

"Oh so now you lock the door. Did she see us kissing?" Jessica asked.

 

"No, she just wanted to ask me about who I'm dating because Fany told her I have a new girlfriend."

 

"Oh my god, thank goodness for that. Soo you need to be more careful. I don't want you to lose your job because of me." Jessica said with worry.

 

"I know, I'm sorry I forgot to lock the door when I came to see you this morning. I'm just not use to having to keep such a big secret." said Sooyoung.

 

"I know it's hard but we'll just have to be really careful from now on." Jessica said.

 

"I can't lose you yet. I haven't known you for long but I do know that I want to be your girlfriend for longer than two days." Sooyoung said.

 

"I don't want to lose you either. Now that the door's locked we really do have some unfinished business don't we." Jessica smiled before pulling Sooyoung's body in close to share another long kiss.

 

Sooyoung then grabbed Jessica's hands and began to them.

 

"I should really take you outside before anyone notices that I haven't taken you out yet."

 

"Okay but I'm going to take my notebook and pen with me. Oh and also my cute little kitten in case you talk to much." Jessica smiled.

 

"I'm your girlfriend now so you're not allowed to throw the toy kitten at me anymore."

 

"Sorry but when we're outside you're nurse Sooyoung and not my girlfriend so I'm allowed to throw it at you because nurse Sooyoung said I could." Jessica smiled cheekily.

 

"Well if you throw it at me you'll be in so much trouble when we get back to the room. I'm just warning you Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"You can warn me all you want but it still might be a risk I'm willing to take." Jessica grinned.

 

"Okay give me that kitten because your the one that's talking to much now. Let me throw it at you instead." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica giggled.

 

"No, it's my kitten not yours." she smiled.

 

"Fine then I'll take you outside now patient Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her.

 

Once they got outside Sooyoung wheeled Jessica as close as she could to the beautiful gardens. She then sat on the grass next to Jessica's wheelchair.

 

"It's so pretty out here. If I didn't have to work, I think I could sit out here looking at the beautiful flowers all day. You're so lucky to have your room looking over these pretty gardens."

 

"Most of the older patient's prefer to sit out here most of the day then staying in their rooms. And because my patient's are all older men then I get to spend a lot of time out here. Sometimes patient's are allowed to help with the gardening here."

 

"Imagine how many flowers there are in this garden. I mean I could take a guess but I would hate to have to count them all."

 

Jessica couldn't resist but to throw the toy kitten at Sooyoung who was babbling on about the gardens. She threw it and hit Sooyoung on the shoulder.

 

"Hey, was I really talking that much. So I'm guessing you're not very interested in me talking about the flowers then." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Sooyoung picked up the kitten and began to hug it. I guess it's my kitten now. Jessica reached her hands out to try and grab it.

 

"I'll only give it back to you if you kiss me right now." Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica began to write in her notebook : and just how am I suppose to do that without being seen?

 

"I don't know. I guess you can't. It's just I really want to kiss you right now."

 

Jessica wrote : Let's go back to my room then.

 

"No, you need to have your outside time otherwise I'll get in trouble. Here you can have the kitten back." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

Jessica wrote : What's wrong?

 

"I'm just fighting back all my urges towards you right now. If I could and nobody was watching, I would lie back on the grass with you. Then you would climb on top of me and kiss me passionately and I would hold you in my arms for the rest of the day."

 

Jessica wrote : I promise one day you and I will do that.

 

"It's okay you don't have to promise me something that will never come true." 

 

Jessica wrote : I don't make promises that I can't keep.

 

"Really, you think one day this could actually happen?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung and nodded her head.

 

"Anyway I was thinking like would you prefer me to read you a book when we come out here from now on?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica wrote : A book? does that mean you're not going to tell me any more of your made up funny stories?

 

"Well I thought you hated my stories and I'm not really in the mood to tell you one right now."

 

Jessica wrote : I really do enjoy your stories and please cheer up you seem so down all of a sudden.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just I want so much for us to be able to have a normal relationship that doesn't have to be hidden and we could do what ever we wanted or we could go wherever we wanted to go."

 

Jessica wrote : Will they let you take me out on more excursions?

 

"If you have a good time at the movies tomorrow night and they think it's had a good effect on you then yes maybe they will let me take you out more." Sooyoung said feeling excited that maybe she would be able to spend some more time with Jessica outside of the hospital.

 

Jessica wrote : Wow, was that a smile that I just saw on your face then?

 

"I'm sorry Ice cream. I'm not being a very good nurse today if my patient is trying to cheer me up because that's suppose to be my job."

 

Jessica wrote : You're still being a great nurse. How about we go back to my room now.

 

"Okay, I guess we've been out here a while." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung started to head back to the room with Jessica. Once they got out of the lift Miss Lim saw them and came to greet them.

 

"Morning Sooyoung, Good morning Ice cream."

 

Sooyoung said hello and Jessica smiled at Miss Lim.

 

"So Ice cream are you still wanting to go to the movies tomorrow night?" asked Miss Lim.

 

Jessica nodded happily.

 

"Good, I'm sure it'll be great to go out with some girls around your age." Miss Lim smiled.

 

"If Ice cream enjoys her night out. Will she be able to go out more often?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Well If you like it and you want to go out more than yes but only if you have at least one of your nurse's with you."

 

Jessica smiled back at her. She knew Sooyoung would be happy to hear Miss Lim say that she could go out more often.

 

"I think the more Ice cream goes out the better it will be for her long term recovery." Sooyoung said.

 

"I couldn't agree more Sooyoung. Well I need to go see some of the other nurse's now. bye." said Miss Lim.

 

Sooyoung couldn't of been happier to hear that Miss Lim agreed with her. She then wheeled Jessica back to her room.

 

Once they got in the room Sooyoung made sure she locked the door.

 

Jessica and Sooyoung just looked at each other with big smiles on their faces.

 

"I can take you out more. We could kind of have real dates." Sooyoung said excitedly.

 

"I know I can't wait Soo. Does that mean tomorrow night at the movies will be like our first official date?" asked Jessica.

 

"I don't think it will be much of a date seeing as my friends will be there." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well I'm really looking forward to it anyway." said Jessica.

 

"I am too but it's not like we can kiss or hold hands or anything." said Sooyoung.

 

"Once the movie starts it's quite dark in there. So I think we can hold hands." said Jessica.

 

"I really hope we can but I think my friends will notice if we hold hands." 

 

"Anyway we'll be together so I'm happy about that." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled back at her then pulled Jessica in for a long, warm hug.

 

"Things are starting to fall into place for us. Maybe this secret dating can work after all." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I'm sure it'll be hard at times but I want you in my life so badly that we just have to make it work." said Jessica.

 

Jessica Sooyoung's face gently while looking into her eyes deeply.

 

"I haven't had you in my life for long but now I never want you out of it." Jessica said while still her face.

 

"I think now's a good time for me to kiss you." Sooyoung smiled before meeting Jessica's lips for a long, romantic kiss.

 

"Looks like I've created a monster. What happened to that girlfriend of mine that was to scared to start a kiss." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I'm happy that you feel comfortable enough with me now to make the first move." Jessica smiled.

 

"You might regret that eventually because now there's no stopping me." Sooyoung said as she kissed Jessica again.

 

"I have no complaints here. You can kiss me all you want." Jessica smiled.

 

"Wait. I just remembered something." Sooyoung grabbed the toy kitten off the wheelchair.

 

Jessica began to run away from her.

 

"You can run Jessi but you can't hide." Sooyoung smiled before throwing the toy kitten at Jessica and hitting her in the back with it.

 

"You know I'm going to have to get you back now. Do you want me to throw the kitten at you or hit you with a pillow." Jessica smiled.

 

"How's that fair you threw the kitten at me in the first place so we're even now." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Fine you can't make a decision so I'll get you with both." Jessica threw the kitten and hit Sooyoung, she then grabbed the pillow and began to hit her while laughing.

 

"You so don't fight fair Ice cream." Sooyoung laughed before grabbing the pillow out of Jessica's hand.

 

She held the pillow with both her hands before putting it up over Jessica's head and behind her back. She then used the pillow to pull Jessica up close against her body.

 

"That's enough hitting. I really want some more kissing." Sooyoung said while smiling ...............