I Want To Know

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Big thank you to the new subscribers and upvoters :))

Hope you enjoy the update!!

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

Sooyoung moved in close again to Jessica and placed a tender, long kiss on her soft lips.

 

"Sooyoung, you have absolutely no reason not to be confident in your kissing because that was amazing."

 

She looked lovingly into Sooyoung's eyes.

 

"And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I'd really love it if my girlfriend kissed me again right now." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled before meeting Jessica's lips for another long kiss.

 

I could kiss Jessica all day. So this is what I've been missing out on all this time. I just needed to kiss someone I really like or does it feel this good because maybe I have fallen in love with her, thought Sooyoung.

 

"Um.. would you like me to ........ um ... take you outside because I know you didn't get to go out yesterday?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"But if we go outside I won't be able to talk to you." 

 

"I know but things are getting a bit ... um ..... steamy in here. So I thought we could go outside so that I have to .... um ......control myself around you." said Sooyoung.

 

"I don't mind if you can't control yourself around me." Jessica said cheekily.

 

"It's just I don't want to rush things anymore than we already have. There's still so much I don't know about you yet and I guess there's a lot you don't know about me either."

 

"Sooyoung if you want to take it slow then I'm happy to take it slow." said Jessica.

 

"Are you though? I mean you're so much more experienced than me with relationships and well you're probably use to doing certain things that maybe I'm not ready for, so are you really willing to take it slow?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Of course I'm willing to take our relationship slow but I'm not sure I get what you're trying to say."

 

"It's just I know what happens when you're in long relationships. You know you do something....... like together more often than when you're in a short relationship." said Sooyoung.

 

"Huh, do something like together?"

 

"You know like..... um.... something together.... um .....that's really very intimate." Sooyoung said.

 

"Oh, you're talking about arn't you?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung felt herself blush when she heard Jessica say the word .

 

Jessica cupped Sooyoung's face and said.

 

"I'm not going to make you do anything you're not ready to do, okay?" 

 

Sooyoung felt herself blush even more.

 

"Hey I can see you're not comfortable with me talking about . Do you mind if I ask why?" asked Jessica.

 

"Because you've only had long relationships so you would of had se...... um... done it a lot but I've only had short relationships and well I haven't done it so much." Sooyoung said feeling embarrassed.

 

"Sooyoung please, you don't have to be worried about that. If and when the time is right for us to take that step well we'll deal with it then. okay?" Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica.

 

"I promise I won't rush you into anything you're not ready for." Jessica said as she kissed Sooyoung gently on the cheek.

 

"Okay?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung nodded her head then smiled. "Okay."

 

"Now if you really want to get some fresh air outside, I'll let you take me out." Jessica smiled.

 

"Thank you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica hopped in her wheelchair and Sooyoung took her outside.

 

Just when they reached the shade Mrs. Chong came to see them.

 

"Hi, how are you two going?" 

 

"Really goood, I just brought Ice cream out to get a bit of fresh air." said Sooyoung.

 

Mrs. Chong approached Jessica.

 

"Well Ice cream you're very lucky to have one of our best nurse's looking after you especially on the weekend."

 

Jessica nodded her head to agree with Mrs. Chong.

 

Sooyoung smiled at Jessica.

 

"I heard that you're even going to the movies Tuesday night with Sooyoung and her friends." said Mrs. Chong.

 

Jessica nodded happily.

 

"By the way Sooyoung, Mr. Lee saw you walk in the hospital today and he's wondering why you didn't come to visit him?"

 

"Well I better make sure I see him before I leave otherwise I won't be his favourite nurse anymore." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Yes good idea, well I better get back to work. See you two later." said Mrs. Chong.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica waved goodbye to her.

 

Sooyoung then sat on the grass next to Jessica's wheelchair.

 

This feels so weird now. Inside Jessica's room we're able to talk and hold hands and kiss but out here it's like we're two different people.

 

Sooyoung looked up at Jessica.

 

"I know we haven't been outside for long but would you mind if we go back to your room?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica gave Sooyoung the thumbs up because she wanted to go back to her room anyway. She wanted to be able to talk to Sooyoung again.

 

As soon as Sooyoung wheeled Jessica back inside the room she made sure she locked the door behind her.

 

"That's just so hard like seriously hard." said Sooyoung.

 

"What is?"  

 

"Being outside with you now. In here we can be ourselves but out there it feels like we're living a lie. I guess because we are living a lie. It just seems so...... well it's just so frustrating."

 

"That's why I didn't want to go outside in the first place." said Jessica.

 

"But you can't stay in this room the whole time."

 

"I know but" said Jessica.

 

"And it just feels so weird because when you're my patient you come across as shy but as my girlfriend you're the stronger one."

 

"What do you mean?" asked Jessica.

 

"As your nurse I feel really confident but as your girlfriend I don't."

 

"Well I wish you would feel confident as my girlfriend because I think you're amazing. It's you that needs to believe that you can be a great girlfriend. You've got to stop telling yourself that you're a bad girlfriend." said Jessica.

 

"But Jessica I don't know if I can ever be a great girlfriend for you because a great girlfriend would know everything about you and be able to help you through whatever it is that's made you want to be stuck in five different hospital's for over a year now."

 

"I already told you that I'm not ready to talk about that yet?"

 

"But why? Why is it so hard to talk about?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Why are you pushing me with this? Do you really need to know?" asked Jessica.

 

"Well yes I do need to know. I'm your girlfriend now. Don't you think I should know what's happened to you and why you don't seem to ever want to get out of hospital?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Haven't I done enough. I talked for you, I walked for you, I told you my name but you still want more. Can't you be satisfied with how far I've come already? You just want more and more from me don't you." Jessica snapped.

 

"I'm not asking you as your nurse. I'm asking you as your girlfriend. How can I really be there for you when I don't know what's truly going on in that head of yours. I have no idea what has made you so unhappy all this time. I just want to be there for you."

 

"As my girlfriend can't you respect the fact that I don't want to talk about some things in my life. So if you want to be there for me, how about you start by not asking me questions that I've already told you I'm not ready to answer." Jessica said.

 

"Yes I can respect your wishes and not talk about it but maybe that means you're not really ready for a girlfriend again yet if you can't be open and honest with me."

 

"Why are you doing this? Why do you keep pushing me to tell you something I'm not ready to tell. Why? I thought you were different to all the others but you're not, you're just the same. You're no better than any of them." Jessica broke down crying.

 

Sooyoung rushed over to her.

 

"Please don't cry. I'm so sorry Ice cream. I'm sorry that I upset you so much, please forgive me." Sooyoung said as she wrapped her arms around her weeping girlfriend.

 

Jessica then wrapped her arms tightly around Sooyoung.

 

"I'm really sorry, I was just getting frustrated but if you're not ready to tell me then I understand. I'm sorry Jessica." said Sooyoung.

 

"I do really want you to know but, not yet .......... it hurts too much. I'm sorry Sooyoung but it still just hurts so much." Jessica sobbed.

 

"It's okay, I know you'll tell me when you're ready." Sooyoung said as she gently rubbed Jessica's back.

 

I wonder what happened to her and why she doesn't want to talk about her family and friends. To see her this upset makes me run all sorts of ideas through my head. I just wish I knew what really happened so I could help her through it, thought Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung held Jessica tightly for a long time until she could see that Jessica was starting to settle down and stop crying.

 

"I wish we weren't in the hospital right now. There's so many places I could take you to make you feel better but it's hard to cheer you up in here." said Sooyoung.

 

"You holding me in your arms is already helping to cheer me up." said Jessica.

 

"Well do you think If I kissed my girlfriend right now, would that maybe help cheer her up more?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica nodded her head.

 

"Yes, I think you should kiss your girlfriend right now." Jessica said with a smile finally coming back to her face.

 

Sooyoung met Jessica's lips for a long, loving kiss.

 

"Thank you, see you do know the right moment to kiss me." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled back.

 

"Can you forgive me for upsetting you? I really didn't mean to upset you, I was just wanting to get to know you better." said Sooyoung.

 

"I kissed you didn't I. So that means you're already forgiven. Sooyoung I know you want to get to know me better and yes as my girlfriend you should know these things but I just need a bit more time to be ready to tell you, okay?"

 

"Okay but I'm still going to ask you questions about yourself. Just answer the one's you're comfortable with like who's your favourite nurse at this hospital?" Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Well that's an easy question. My favourite nurse is Yoona." Jessica poked her tongue out at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung then rushed over to grab a pillow off the bed. She held it up in the air above Jessica.

 

"Just wondering if you wanted to change your last answer." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Um no my answer is still Yoona." Jessica said cheekily.

 

Sooyoung gently swung the pillow and hit Jessica on her tummy with it.

 

"You deserved that Ice cream." Sooyoung grinned.

 

Jessica then ran over and grabbed another pillow.

 

"Okay well who's your favourite patient in the hospital me or Mr. Lee?" asked Jessica.

 

"Well right now at this moment, it's Mr. Lee." Sooyoung smiled cheekily.

 

Jessica then whacked Sooyoung in the head with her pillow.

 

"Now you asked for that because I know that I'm your favourite." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung swung and hit her again with the pillow then Jessica hit her back. The two of them kept hitting each other with the pillow's while laughing in between each swing. They both were having so much fun that they got the attack of the giggles.

 

"That was so much fun. Can I just hit you with a pillow any time I feel frustrated?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No you can't, but I can hit you with the pillow whenever I like, okay?" Jessica said while grinning.

 

Sooyoung laughed.

 

"Hey Sooyoung I really want to take back what I said before about you being the same as all the others because you're nothing like all the others." Jessica said as she Sooyoung's face.

 

"To be honest, I didn't even know what you meant by all the others?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I meant all the other nurse's I've ever had at all the different hospital's. They all wanted me to talk and walk for them but they weren't very nice to me at all and it use to make me so angry and well you are nothing like them. I'm sorry that I said you were." said Jessica.

 

"Of course I'm nothing like them because I'm your girlfriend. So that kind of makes me nothing like them plus it makes me way better than them too." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica leant in and kissed Sooyoung sweetly.

 

"Since you make me go weak at my knee's whenever you kiss me, I think it's time you started calling me Soo because that's what all my friend's call me." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Okay Soo, then I think you should start calling me Jessi because that's what my friend's call me." Jessica smiled.

 

"Okay well Jessi it is then." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"But you still have to call me Ice cream too sometimes because I love it when you call me Ice cream" Jessica smiled.

 

"Haha don't worry I'll still call you Ice cream sometimes." Sooyoung smiled.

 

 

 

The next day - Monday

 

 

 

Sooyoung knocked on Jessica's door then entered her room.

 

"Goodmorning Ice cream." Sooyoung beamed.

 

Jessica smiled when she saw her then she pulled Sooyoung by her shirt until their faces were close together.

 

"Morning Soo," Jessica said before placing a sweet kiss on Sooyoung's lips.

 

"I missed you so much. I wish you could sleep over my house then I could cuddle you all night." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"You should sleep over in the hospital with me." Jessica smiled.

 

"Somehow I don't think that's going to happen." smiled Sooyoung.

 

"Well it was worth a try." Jessica grinned.

 

"So it's time for me to take you outside. I know it'll frustrate me but I shall try hard to restrain myself from touching you." Sooyoung grinned.

 

"I wish you didn't have to restrain yourself. So they haven't changed the whole Nurse's can't date patients rule magically over night?" asked Jessica smiling.

 

Sooyoung grinned at her.

 

"No Ice cream, nobody waved a magic wand and changed the rule overnight." 

 

"I'm going to be so sad today because you won't be with me very long. Do you really have to visit your other patient's today?" Jessica asked cheekily.

 

"Yes I do but you know I'll sneak in to see you whenever I can, okay." said Sooyoung.

 

"And my girlfriend will come and have lunch with me today, right?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes I will." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"So you need to get into your wheelchair and I'll take you outside."

 

"Okay." Jessica said as she sat herself down in the wheelchair.

 

"Oh yeah, there's one more thing I need to do before I take you outside." Sooyoung smiled before crouching down and kissing Jessica slowly for a long time....... until.

 

They heard one knock before the door flung open and ....................