Talk To Me

The Silent Patient

 

 

Thanks so much for all the feedback on the last chapter  :)) 

Hope you enjoy this update as well  :)

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

She then wrote out her third and final question : Why are you so beautiful?

 

Sooyoung smiled when she read the question. I can't answer that. I'm so happy that she thinks I'm beautiful but I think she's even more beautiful, thought Sooyoung.

 

"How can I answer that question." Sooyoung smiled as Jessica smiled cheekily back at her.

 

"Okay then let me ask you that. Ice cream why are you so beautiful?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica felt herself blush. Is she asking me this because I asked her or because she actually thinks I'm beautiful, thought Jessica.

 

"See you can't even answer that question. Have you got another question you'd like to ask me instead?" Sooyoung asked.

 

Jessica smiled then wrote out a different question for her : Is there anyone in your life right now that you would consider dating?

 

Sooyoung couldn't help but grin when she read the question.

 

"Yes, there is one girl that I would consider dating but she won't talk to me and I couldn't date her if she didn't ever want to talk to me especially when I know that she can actually talk." Sooyoung said.

 

She just openly said that she would consider dating me if I started talking to her. I would talk to you right now Sooyoung if I knew you were serious and not just saying it because you want to be the first nurse that gets me to talk.

 

Jessica just sat still thinking things over in her head.

 

"I'm sorry if I just made things really awkward for us now. I shouldn't have said anything when I wouldn't be able to date you anyway because of our hospital rule." Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica grabbed her pen and notebook and started writing. She handed it to Sooyoung : What hospital rule?

 

"The hospital rule that says we're not allowed to date patient's." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

Jessica grabbed the notebook back and wrote another question : If I started talking to you and there was no hospital rule to stop you dating patient's. Would you want to date me?

 

Sooyoung read the question. Of course I would date her, I mean I'd start dating her right here right now if I could. Even if she didn't ever talk to me I'd still want to date her. If she didn't talk to me our dating probably wouldn't last long but I have an overwhelming urge to kiss her right now but I can't and I won't, thought Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not going to answer that question." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica then wrote again : Why not?

 

"Because you already asked me more than three questions and you haven't written down what your name is yet." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica started writing again : If I write down my name will you answer that last question for me.

 

"Yes, I promise if you write down your name I'll answer the question for you." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica was desperate to know Sooyoung's answer to her last question, so she didn't hesitate to write her name out for Sooyoung in big letters : JESSICA

 

She handed the notebook to Sooyoung who read out her name.

 

"Jessica........ So that's really your name?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica nodded her head.

 

"Jessica...... such a cute name for such a cute and sweet girl." Sooyoung smiled.

 

She thinks I'm cute and sweet well I think she's cute and sweet and funny and caring and beautiful, just so amazingly beautiful.

 

"So Jessica, I'm ready to answer that last question for you now." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica looked at her wondering what her answer would be.

 

"My answer is yes, if you were talking to me and there was no hospital rule to stop us, then yes I would want to date you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

A huge smile took over Jessica's face.

 

"So Jessica, if there was nothing standing in our way, would you want to date me?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica smiled and nodded instantly at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung smiled sweetly at her.

 

"Well now this is just awkward. We both want to date but we can't. I feel so happy that you want to date me but then I feel sad that it can never happen." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

Jessica felt sad hearing Sooyoung say that.

 

"Anyway you still haven't eaten yet so I'll go and heat some of my rice up for you." Sooyoung said as she hopped up off the bed and headed out of the room.

 

She didn't look back at Jessica before she left the room because she had tears running down her face. Here was this beautiful girl that she had fallen for and yet she wasn't allowed to have her. She wiped her tears after she closed the door.

 

While she was heating the rice Mrs. Chong walked into the staff room.

 

"How's it going with Ice cream?" she asked.

 

"Really good, she's going to have something to eat now." said Sooyoung.

 

"She must feel comfortable with you Sooyoung because she won't do anything for the other nurse's." said Mrs. Chong.

 

"Yes I guess so." said Sooyoung as she took the rice out of the microwave.

 

"I better get this food back to her. See you later Mrs. Chong."

 

Sooyoung then returned to the room and headed over to the table where Jessica was sitting and waiting for her.

 

After she passed the rice to her, Jessica handed the notebook to Sooyoung with a message on it for her : It's not awkward Sooyoung. As long as we can still be together then it's okay isn't it. Could you please stay after I finish eating and watch a movie with me? Please?

 

"Yes I'll stay and watch a movie with you." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her then offered to put some rice in Sooyoung's mouth.

 

"It's okay I had a big lunch already today."  

 

Sooyoung thought Jessica looked upset when she didn't except the food from her.

 

"Okay I'll have some rice then Jessica." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica's face lit up as she fed Sooyoung some rice.

 

"Thanks, now you have to eat the rest because you didn't have any lunch or breakfast." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica kept smiling at each other while Jessica ate the rice.

 

"You look so cute while you're eating." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica grinned at her.

 

"Would you like me to get the movie ready to watch?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica nodded and pointed to the movie on her bedside table.

 

"Hey before I put the movie on. Am I suppose to keep your real name a secret from everyone else?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica nodded her head.

 

"Okay I promise I won't tell anyone." Sooyoung said before she grabbed the movie and put it on.

 

She paused the movie while she waited for Jessica to finish eating. Jessica wheeled herself over to the bed then crawled onto it.

 

Sooyoung then climbed onto the bed and sat next to her.

 

"That's the best part of being in a rehabilitation hospital you get to have a double bed." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica wrote on her notebook again : I think I'd prefer a single bed right now then you would have to be sitting closer to me than you are now.

 

Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"If you want me to sit closer to you I will." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled and nodded her head. Sooyoung sat so close to Jessica that their shoulders and arms were touching.

 

They sat close next to each other throughout the whole movie. Once the movie had ended.

 

"Well Jessica, I really should get going now." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung sadly.

 

"I'm sad too, I don't want to leave you either." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica wrote in her notebook again : Then don't leave yet. Stay here with me a bit longer. Please.

 

"I'll stay with you longer if you talk to me." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

"Why........ why won't you talk to me Jessica?"

 

Jessica just stared at Sooyoung.

 

"You just said before if there was nothing standing in the way that you would date me. Well you not talking is one of the things standing in the way. I like you so much and I want to get to know you. The real you ............... but I'm never going to get to know the real you if you never talk to me. Jessica please just talk to me." Sooyoung pleaded.

 

Jessica just sat still.

 

"Hey don't worry about it then. You obviously don't trust me or don't like me as much as I thought you did. I really enjoyed spending time with you today but I can't stay with you any longer because it's too frustrating. I want to help you get through whatever it is that's made you shut off from the rest of the world."

 

"But I can't help you because you don't even want to help yourself. I know you can talk and I know you can walk but what I don't know is why you refuse to do either."

 

"I want to stay here with you. I mean it I really do. Just tell me not to leave and I won't go. Jessica please talk to me.........just tell me not to leave."

 

Jessica went to grab her notebook.

 

"No, I don't want you to write it. I want you to say it.............. but you're not going to say it, are you Jessica."

 

Jessica's tears began to run down her face.

 

"I guess you hate me right now. Sorry if I upset you but I'll be back here on Monday to look after you as your nurse, okay." said Sooyoung.

 

She wiped Jessica's tears and then placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.

 

She kissed me. I don't want her to leave. I really want her to stay, thought Jessica.

 

Sooyoung then packed her rice container in her backpack.

 

"See you on Monday Ice cream. Bye." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung then headed towards the door. As she reached for the door handle.

 

"Don't leave Sooyoung. Please I want you to stay." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung turned around instantly.

 

Jessica was standing up looking at Sooyoung with tears still running down her face.

 

Sooyoung walked towards Jessica. She then wrapped her arms around Jessica tightly.

 

They hugged for a long time before.

 

"I'm putting all my trust in you. Please don't let me down." said Jessica.

 

"I promise I won't let you down Jessica." said Sooyoung.

 

"You said if I asked you to stay then you wouldn't leave yet." Jessica said.

 

"I'm definitely not leaving yet. I'm so happy that you finally talked to me with that sweet voice of yours and you're not in your wheelchair you're actually standing up." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Well I'm glad that you like hearing my voice because you and I really need to talk." said Jessica as she grabbed Sooyoung's hand and walked over to the bed.

 

"Let's sit down on the bed because I want to ask you something." said Jessica.

 

They sat down next to each other on the bed.

 

"You can't stop smiling right now, can you." said Jessica. 

 

"No I can't. You're talking to me and you even stood up and walked, I still can't believe that you're actually talking to me." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"I'm going to talk even more now because you said before if there was nothing standing in our way then we could date. Now that I'm talking isn't there only one thing left to stop us?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yes, you're my patient so I can't date you." said Sooyoung.

 

"But Sooyoung can't we just secretly date?" Jessica asked.

 

"What do you mean?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I've spent just over a year in different hospitals and I've talked and walked in all of them but I did it in my room with the door locked. So nobody ever saw me do it. So why can't we date and just not tell anyone and nobody would really know what we were doing together if my door is locked." 

 

"Just what exactly would we being doing together if the door was locked and we were dating?" Sooyoung asked cheekily.

 

"We'd be doing things that dating people do." Jessica smiled.

 

"I really do want to date you but Jessica if anyone did find out then I would lose my job." said Sooyoung.

 

"I don't want you to lose your job Sooyoung. We would just have to be really careful and remember to lock the door all the time."

 

"I always stick to the rules and well it's just so risky." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well maybe you feel like I'm not worth breaking the rules for." said Jessica.

 

"I've never had a reason to break the rules before...... but sitting here looking at you now, It feels like I've finally found someone worth breaking the rules for.................