Not A Nurse

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

Sooyoung kept thinking about that saying :  If you love someone set them free, if they come back they're yours, if they don't they were never yours in the first place. I need to think about what's best for Jessi not what's best for me. Should I set her free, thought Sooyoung.

 

Why am I even thinking about this for. I love Jessi so much I can't set her free into the arms of her past love. I want us to be together forever and if she left me to go back to Minyoung well.......... I don't even want to think about that right now.

 

A couple of streets away from the hospital Sooyoung pulled over to the side of the road. She grabbed hold of Jessica's hand.

 

"I know how hard it was for you today and I'm so thankful that you trusted me enough to let me into your life. I can't even begin to imagine how much pain you went through and are still going through with the tragic loss of your family."

 

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you, even if you get discharged and decide to move back to your family home. I'll always be here for you." said Sooyoung.

 

"Thanks Soo but there's no way I would move back home when I could move in with you instead. I mean if Fany wouldn't mind and you actually wanted me to move in with you."

 

Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Whenever it is that you're discharged, I would love for you to move in with me." she said before placing a soft kiss on Jessica's lips.

 

"So you want to shake on that?" Jessica asked.

 

They both smiled and shook hands. "I want Jung Jessica to move in with me after she is discharged from hospital."

 

"You even know my full name now." she smiled. "And I Jung Jessica want to move in with Choi Sooyoung when I'm discharged from the hospital."

 

They both shared a long kiss before Sooyoung drove Jessica back to the hospital.

 

Another week passed by before it was time for movie night again. Except this time Jessica had let Miss Lim know that she wouldn't be going to the movies with Sooyoung and her friends because she had something else to do.

 

Seohyun and Yoona had invited Hara along to the movies again. They let her know that Sooyoung was not able to come along this time. When Hara mentioned it to her Aunty, Miss Lim assumed Sooyoung and Jessica must be going out somewhere else together.

 

"I need you to go to Sooyoung's house and get a photo of them together." said Miss Lim.

 

"No way, I'm not doing that. Anyway I said I was going to the movies with the others and for all you know they might not even be doing something together tonight." said Hara.

 

"It's just too obvious that they're both not going to the movies and you'll have to give the movies a miss to get a photo of them holding hands or hugging because your Mother owes me a favour. "

 

Hara reluctently parked herself across the road at Sooyoung's house. This is so wrong, I feel like I'm stalking them. I guess I really am stalking them. They're probably not even here and even if they did come outside it doesn't mean they'll hug or anything.

 

After she'd been there for two hours. I'll give it ten more minutes otherwise Fany will be back from the movie and she might notice me parked over here. A few minutes later the front door opened. Sooyoung and Jessica walked out holding hands and laughing at each other.

 

Oh my god, Ice cream's walking and they're holding hands............ Hara felt disappointed when she saw them holding hands. She really had hoped that her Aunty was wrong about their relationship.

 

Jessica and Sooyoung waited out the front of the house. What if they see me, thought Hara. But while they waited for Jessi's taxi to arrive they shared a long, romantic goodbye kiss. 

 

Woah they're kissing.............. Once Hara got over the initial shock, she took a few photos of them kissing. She then slumped down in the car as the taxi turned up. After Soo waved goodbye she went back inside and Hara drove home.

 

She called her Aunty and told her she took some photos of them kissing.

 

"Yes, I knew it. Thank you, so tomorrow I can let Sooyoung know about what I need her to do for the hospital since she broke our rule. I'm sure she'll see in the end why I'm doing it and just how much it'll help the hospital. Bye Hara."

 

What have I done. I didn't have to tell Aunty I saw them kissing or that I took photos of them. I was just jealous to see Ice cream kissing Sooyoung because I wanted to kiss her. 

 

Now Aunty is going to blackmail her. Sooyoung is such a lovely person and I'm sure she didn't plan to fall for Ice cream, sometimes we can't help who we fall in love with, thought Hara.

 

The next morning Miss Lim called Sooyoung into her office.

 

"I thought I'd never need to have this conversation with you because you're one of my best nurse's but it's come to my attention Sooyoung that you have broken an extremely important rule in this hospital."

 

Sooyoung felt like her heart had just stopped beating as she stared at Miss Lim in shock.

 

"You and Ice cream are in a secret relationship. Why would you do that? I expected more from you Choi Sooyoung."

 

"I........ I ..........." Sooyoung started but didn't know what to say.

 

"It sounds like you're even ashamed of your own behaviour."

 

"I am ashamed of myself for breaking the rules but I'm not ashamed of being in a relationship with Je....... Ice cream."

 

"You know her name don't you?"

 

"Yes, I do but I can't tell you her name." said Sooyoung.

 

"And I know that she's been talking with you and walking when she's with you as well. That's why the door is always locked when you're together."

 

Sooyoung didn't answer, she had no idea what she should say next.

 

"Dating a patient is grounds for instant dismissal from your job but I have another way around you having to lose your job. It's your only option." said Miss Lim.

 

Sooyoung sat listening intently.

 

"I've approached the media with Ice cream's story. They're willing to pay a very large amount of money for the story which would be donated to the hospital. Imagine how much new equipment we could buy for our patient's."

 

"It would put our hospital in the spotlight, once news got out that one of our nurse's helped a non talking, walking and writing patient fully recover when other hospitals weren't able to get her to do anything. I mean that's huge Sooyoung. Our hospital will be all across the news."

 

"So I'll make a call today and organize for the media to come along and interview you and Ice cream and then this hospital will have so much money we won't even know what to do with it all."

 

Sooyoung knew there was no way Jessi would cope with all the media attention. Jessica had progressed so far with her recovery that Sooyoung felt like it wouldn't be long before she could be discharged. But Sooyoung feared if Jessica was made to talk to the media that it could put her back to square one.

 

"No don't bother making that call because I won't be talking to the media and neither will Ice cream." said Sooyoung.

 

"I'm sorry Sooyoung but you broke the rules, so you have no say in the matter."

 

"I can't believe that you could think Ice cream talking to the media would be good for her. She's come so far why would you risk her going back into her shell and not communicating with us again."

 

"But she's stronger now I'm sure she'll be fine with it." said Miss Lim.

 

"Yes she is stronger but deep down she still carries a lot of pain. I won't let you put her through this."

 

"It's for the good of the hospital."

 

"But it's not for the good of Ice cream though. Don't you get that? I'm not doing it, I refuse." said Sooyoung.

 

"I'm sorry but you're going to have to do it."

 

"You can't make me talk to the media when I'm not working for you anymore."

 

"But you are working for me." said Miss Lim.

 

"Not anymore. I quit. I'm resigning from my nursing duties as of now. Bye Miss Lim." Sooyoung then stormed out of the office with tears running down her face.

 

She passed Hara on the way out. She kept walking until she had reached her car. Hara took off after her.

 

"Sooyoung what's wrong?" Hara asked.

 

"I just quit."

 

"Why...... why would you quit."

 

Sooyoung collapsed to the ground and broke down with even more tears. Hara wrapped her arms around Soo.

 

"I'm such a bad nurse. I broke the rules and I don't deserve to be a nurse anymore."

 

"You Choi Sooyoung are the best nurse I've ever seen. So please don't talk like that." said Hara.

 

"But I''m not because the best nurse wouldn't break a rule like I have."

 

"Just wait here Soo. I'm going to drive you home, I'll just grab your bag for you."

 

Sooyoung sat crying in the carpark while Hara went to get her things. While she was inside she quickly went to see her Aunty.

 

"I'm driving Sooyoung home. It looks like your plan backfired. I told you this could happen. She doesn't care about the money side of things she only cares about her patient's and that's what makes her such a great nurse." said Hara.

 

"You have to get her to change her mind."

 

"Why? You were the one willing to lose your best nurse for your own job security. This was never about money for the hospital equipment for you was it. You just wanted your job to be safe and some more money in your pay packet." Hara said as she went to walk out.

 

"You're wrong about me. Yes I did want job security but I was thinking about how much this money would benefit the patient's and my staff as well." 

 

"I'm sorry but I need to go." Hara said as she went back to the carpark.

 

She drove a very upset Sooyoung home.

 

"I'll be okay now. You don't have to stay with me." said Sooyoung.

 

"No Soo, I'm not leaving you alone like this."

 

They both went inside and sat on the sofa.

 

"Sooyoung if you're looking for someone to blame, then blame me." said Hara.

 

"Why would I blame you for my mistakes."

 

"I know about everything Soo and I'm not really a student nurse. I'm actually already a nurse and I'm just on holidays at the moment to do a favour for my Aunty who happens to be your boss."

 

Sooyoung looked at her in shock.

 

"You're Miss Lim's niece?"

 

"Yes, she wanted me to be your student nurse so I could get proof that you and Ice cream were in a relationship. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

"So you just made out that you liked me because you wanted to get closer to me so you could catch me out?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No I do really like you and if you weren't already in a relationship I would of asked you out already. It's just my Mum owed my Aunty a favour so I got dragged into it because my Mum made me."

 

Sooyoung just looked at her.

 

"But I knew it was wrong and I shouldn't of agreed to it. I could of caught the two of you out a lot sooner but I kind of didn't want to find you out because deep down I was hoping you weren't really in a relationship."

 

"Aunty thought you and Ice cream were going to meet up last night once she found out you both weren't going to the movies. So she sent me to take photos of the two of you together. I was there when you kissed her goodbye and I took photos."

 

"Oh so you have photos of us together ........ "

 

Hara then took her phone out and showed Soo the photos she took.

 

"I told Aunty about the photos I took but she hasn't actually seen them yet. So how about I do this......." Hara then deleted all the photos she had taken of their kiss."

 

Sooyoung smiled at her. "Thank you."

 

"Is there any chance you could forgive your fake student nurse?"

 

"Yes, I'm sure I can manage to forgive you because honestly we're both as bad as each other. I'm in a relationship with my patient and your an undercover student nurse spy."

 

"Wow, you made my job description sound so exciting. But Soo I am really, really sorry."

 

"I know you are but we still have a big problem. I'm out of a job and your Aunty is going to hate you now that you've deleted those photos.

 

"There's something we could do to make us both feel better." Hara said................