Don't Be Shy

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

 

Hi,

Thanks for all the support you're all showing me with this fic! Thanks again to the new subscribers and upvoters :))

 

Hope you enjoy the update!!  :)

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

"That's enough hitting. I really want some more kissing." Sooyoung said while smiling.

 

Jessica wrapped her arms around Sooyoung and kissed her for a long time.

 

After the kiss Sooyoung sat herself down on the bed. 

 

"Are you worn out already nurse Sooyoung." Jessica smiled.

 

"You're a really good kisser. Like a really, really good kisser." said Sooyoung still daydreaming about their kiss.

 

Jessica smiled. 

 

"So does that mean you're going to stay with me all day so we can kiss some more?" asked Jessica.

 

"Sorry my cute little Ice cream but I've got work to do." said Sooyoung.

 

"What am I suppose to do without not seeing you until lunch time?" asked Jessica.

 

"You need to learn how to talk and walk again so the hospital can discharge you and we can date happily and openly."

 

"It's not as simple as that though Soo." said Jessica.

 

"Well it is the way I see it. I know you can talk and walk so there's no reason for you still to be in hospital anymore when you could be living a great life with your girlfriend out there in the real world."

 

"Please don't start this again." said Jessica.

 

"I'm not sure what it is I'm actually starting but I'll stop talking now anyway and get back to work. Bye." Sooyoung said as she went to leave.

 

"Soo, I don't want you to leave feeling angry with me. I know you're upset because you don't think I need to be staying in the hospital anymore but right now I feel like I do need to be here. Can you please just try and understand that."

 

Jessica just stared at Sooyoung waiting to see what her reaction would be.

 

"I know you're okay physically but mentally you have scars don't you? That's why you don't want to talk to me about your life because you're carrying so much pain and hurt. But Jessi if you don't ever talk about what's causing you so much pain you'll never be able to get past it."

 

"I guess you think I just want you out of here for my own selfish reasons, but don't you want to get out of living in hospital's as well?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes I do but ........... until now I had no reason to want to get out of hospital." 

 

"So you have a reason to want to get out now. That's great Jessi, what's the reason?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"You silly, you're the reason." said Jessica.

 

"Oh." Sooyoung smiled. She then walked over to Jessica and held both her hands.

 

"But you must have other reasons or people out there that you want to get back to." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica began to tear up.

 

"No .......  there's nobody out there that I want to get back to." she said as more tears fell down her face.

 

Sooyoung wiped her tears then pulled her in close for a long, tight hug.

 

"It makes me feel like crying when I see you so upset." Sooyoung said sadly.

 

"Hey I'll be okay Soo. Don't worry about me. You should really go see your other patient's now because I don't want you getting in trouble." said Jessica.

 

"But I don't want to leave you like this. You need me right now and I want to be here for you." said Sooyoung hugging her even tighter than before.

 

"Even if you're not in the room with me, I still know you're here for me and if I really need you I promise I'll press the button, okay." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung looked at her.

 

"Please press the button if you need me but don't press the button if you just want to throw the kitten at me." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her. Even when I'm feeling upset Sooyoung knows how to put a smile on my face, thought Jessica.

 

Sooyoung wiped Jessica's tears one last time before kissing the top of Jessica's head. She then headed towards the door but just before she opened the door her pager went off. Sooyoung checked and yes it said room 62.

 

She walked back towards Jessica.

 

"You forgot to give me a kiss on the lips before you leave." Jessica smiled before pulling Sooyoung towards her for a soft, short kiss.

 

"Now you can go." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung leant in to meet Jessica's lips for a longer kiss.

 

"Okay now I can go." Sooyoung smiled at Jessica.

 

Sooyoung spent the rest of her morning with her other patient's. Jessica and Sooyoung enjoyed their lunch time together before Sooyoung left her room to do some more work.

 

With ten minutes left until Sooyoung finished work she headed back to see Jessica.

 

She knocked on the door once before entering and locking the door. Jessica was sitting on the bed when Sooyoung walked in.

 

"Thought I'd better come and see you one last time before I go home otherwise I thought my girlfriend might want to break up with me." said Sooyoung.

 

"Smart move because your girlfriend would of been very angry at you if you didn't come say goodbye to her." said Jessica.

 

"Just think Jessi, about this time tomorrow we'll be heading off to our first date. Well almost a date, kind of sort of a date." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Soo you have no idea just how much I'm looking forward to it." Jessica smiled.

 

"So am I, hey have you got a hoody that you can wear tomorrow night because I've got an idea but involves you wearing a hoody."

 

"Oh my god, what am I going to wear. I don't have any going out clothes. I only wear the hospital clothes." said Jessica with concern.

 

Patient's are allowed to wear their own clothes at the hospital but for those that don't, they wear sky blue long pants and sky blue shirts. Because Jessica had no friend's or family come to visit her since she had been in hospital she had always worn the hospital issued clothing.

 

"So you don't have any jeans or jumpers to wear?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No I don't have anything like that." Jessica said sadly.

 

"Okay just wait here, I'll be back soon." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung took off out of the room and then headed to Miss Lim's office. She knocked on her door.

 

Miss Lim opened the door and welcomed Sooyoung in.

 

"Did you want to talk with me Sooyoung?"

 

"Yes there's kind of a problem with Ice cream. She's suppose to be coming to the movies with us tomorrow night as you know but she doesn't have any clothes to wear. She only has hospital issued clothing and well I was just wondering if you would let me take her out shopping now so she could buy some new clothes?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Right now? But you won't have her back in time for her dinner." said Miss Lim.

 

"Well if it's okay with you I can have dinner with her while we're at the shops." said Sooyoung.

 

"Sooyoung I admire your caring nature and work ethic but you've already spent after hours time with her on the weekend. I feel bad that you're putting all this extra time into her and not getting paid for it."

 

"Honestly I don't care about that. I just want her to feel comfortable and normal when she comes to the movies with us. But if she's wearing the hospital clothes she won't feel like she's one of us." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay well if you're happy to take her and she's happy to go then yes that would be a great idea to take her out to get some new clothes."

 

"Thank you Miss Lim."

 

"But Sooyoung, now that we know she can write can you get her to sign the out patient form before you go."

 

"Yes, sure I'll get her to do that." said Sooyoung.

 

"And thanks for being such a wonderful nurse to your patient's Sooyoung. I truly respect and appreciate the work you do here." Miss Lim smiled.

 

Sooyoung smiled back at her then headed back to Jessica's room. She opened the door and locked it.

 

"Guess what Ice cream you and I are going shopping to buy you some new clothes." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Really, I'm allowed to go shopping with you?" asked Jessica excitedly.

 

"Yes and we're going right now and we can even have dinner together while we're out." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"So just you and I are going out together." Jessica smiled.

 

"Yes Jessi, so does that count as a date?" Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her.

 

"Come on let's get going." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh but that means I have to go shopping in these clothes." Jessica said with concern.

 

"Well my jacket's in the staff room. You can wear that if you want and don't worry because I'm going to be in my work clothes anyway."

 

"Okay, if you don't mind I think I'd like to wear your jacket."

 

"We can grab it on our way out. So you ready to go?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Jessica walked to Sooyoung and gave her a big hug.

 

"You're so good to me. Thank you for getting permission for me to buy some new clothes." Jessica smiled before kissing Sooyoung sweetly.

 

"I'm buying the clothes for you by the way."

 

"No way Soo, Don't worry money's not a problem for me. But thank you for offering." Jessica smiled.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes Soo it's fine."

 

Jessica grabbed her handbag and hopped into the wheelchair. Sooyoung took her to the hospital van after she signed her out and grabbed the jacket for Jessica as well as the keys for the van on the way.

 

"Um Soo are you ....... like a safe driver?" asked Jessica.

 

"What sort of question is that? Do you think I'm going to be a bad driver?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No..... it's just I get ......... well a little nervous and ...... I don't like being in cars or anything." said Jessica with worry.

 

Sooyoung crouched down next to Jessica's wheelchair.

 

"I can see you're feeling nervous right now. I'll drive safely, I promise okay?" Sooyoung said. She had noticed a look of fear had taken over Jessica's face. She really isn't keen to be going for a drive, thought Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung wheeled her gently up into the back of the hospital van. She closed the boot then sat in the driver's seat. She then turned around towards Jessica.

 

"It's okay Jessi, the shops arn't far from here so it won't be a long drive, okay?"

 

Jessica nodded her head still feeling nervous.

 

Sooyoung drove as carefully as she could to the shops. Once she pulled into the carpark she looked back at Jessica. She could see a look of relief on Jessica's face that they had arrived safely.

 

Something bad has obviously happened with Jessica in a car in the past, thought Sooyoung.

 

She got Jessica's wheelchair out of the van.

 

"Are you okay?" asked Sooyoung as she gently placed Jessica's hair behind her ears.

 

"Yes." Jessica said. Now that she was out of the van she was feeling much better.

 

There's so many questions I'd like to ask her about her fear of driving in cars but this is not the right time. I'll have to ask her one day though, Sooyoung thought. 

 

"The shops are open until 9pm so we've got plenty of time to get your clothes. Would you like to have some dinner now?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes let's have dinner now. I think you would also like to have dinner now. Am I right Soo?" Jessica asked with a smile. 

 

Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"I'm starving so yes I would really love to have dinner now."

 

Sooyoung let Jessica pick where they were going to eat dinner.

 

"I guess if we sit out here there's more room for my wheelchair." said Jessica.

 

"Sounds good to me." Sooyoung smiled as she pushed Jessica to their table.

 

Once they had ordered their food Jessica just stared at Sooyoung.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that? Have I got something on my face?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"No, I just felt like staring at your beautiful face. Now that we're away from the hospital and out in the public like this well I think I might have to pinch myself just in case you being my girlfriend is some kind of crazy dream." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung grabbed Jessica's hand under the table. She didn't think anyone would notice them holding hands because the table cloths were so big.

 

Jessica Sooyoung's hand.

 

"You know this is my first time out like this since I was hospitalized. I'm so glad that my first night out is with you." Jessica smiled.

 

"I'm glad that I'm the one with you now too but It's so hard for me to stop myself from kissing you right now."

 

"I really have created the kissing monster now haven't I." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung laughed.

 

Their food arrived and the two of them enjoyed a delicious dinner while talking and laughing through their meal. When they finished Jessica insisted that she pay for their dinner. Sooyoung said no but gave in to Jessi in the end.

 

After dinner they started the clothes shopping. Jessica picked out a couple of pair's of jeans to try on. Sooyoung wheeled her into the wheelchair fitting room.

 

"I think I should stay in here with you." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh do you now. Soo I can dress myself you know. I just think you want to e on me." Jessica smiled.

 

"No...... that's not what ..... um .... I meant." Sooyoung said feeling embarrassed.

 

"I'm just joking, you can stay in here. I don't mind." Jessica said.

 

"Um.... I think I ...... um should just....... um ..... wait outside."

 

"Soo, I swear I was only joking about you ing on me. Please stay." said Jessica.

 

"Are you... um sure?"

 

"Yes I'm sure, now sit down and stop feeling nervous around me." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung sat down in Jessica's wheelchair while Jessi started to take her clothes off. Sooyoung covered her eyes.

 

"Soo, you don't have to cover your eyes. I've still got my shirt and underwear on you know."

 

"No it's okay I'll keep my eyes covered." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica couldn't help but smile, looking at her girlfriend covering her eyes.

 

She pulled on the first pair of jeans. She decided to take her shirt off so she could see the jeans better. She thought they looked a good fit in the mirror. She then asked Sooyoung.

 

"Soo, have a look. Do you think they look okay?" 

 

Sooyoung took her hands away from her eyes to have a look but the first thing she looked up at was Jessica in her bra.

 

She panicked and quickly covered her eyes again before trying to turn the wheelchair around to face the other way.

 

But in her panic she pushed back on the wheels and flipped the wheelchair backwards. Sooyoung hit the floor hard in the wheelchair.

 

"Soo! Are you okay?" Jessica said as she helped pull Sooyoung up out of the wheelchair lying on the ground.

 

"I'll be um...... okay. It's um....... only a little...... um........ bit sore."

 

"Sooyoung, why did you panic when you saw my shirt was off. I'm your girlfriend I don't mind you seeing me with my shirt off. Stop being so shy or you're going to seriously hurt yourself next time." said Jessica with concern.

 

"I can't help it, you're so beautiful and I really, really, really like you so much that I get nervous around you sometimes."

 

"But you're a nurse, you should be use to seeing people and I'm not even ."

 

"But they're my patient's I don't think of them in a romantic way. You're the first patient I've ever fallen for like that." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica noticed Sooyoung holding her back and rubbing it.

 

"You hurt yourself didn't you?" Jessica asked as she began to rub Sooyoung's back for her.

 

"I'm sure it'll be fine, I'll probably just end up with a bruise."

 

"Can I please lift your shirt up so I can have a look at your back?" Jessica asked ...................