Second Favourite

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

Thanks to the new subscribers and Upvoters  :))

Great to read your feedback again on the last chapter  :)

Hope you enjoy the update!!

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"Yes this again, can you please explain to me what the hell is going on in that head of yours to think that it's okay for you to date your patient." Fany said with a raised voice.

 

"What?"

 

"I know she's your new girlfriend. Your patient Ice cream, you and her are together."

 

"No, we're n........" before Sooyoung could finish talking Tiffany cut her off.

 

"Choi Sooyoung, don't even try to deny it. I saw the two of you together with my own eyes." yelled Tiffany.

 

"Why, what did you see?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"You were holding hands with her in the movie and you looked like you were so into her at the movies that I decided to follow your car after the movies."

 

"Why!!  Why would you do that?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Because I was worried about you. I needed to see for myself if my best friend was stupid enough to risk throwing her job away by dating one of her patient's. I saw the two of you making out at the dock's. Soo what the hell are you thinking?"

 

"You shouldn't of followed me, why did you follow me. Now you're caught up in the middle of it all too." said Sooyoung.

 

"I'm not caught in the middle of it all because tomorrow when you break up with Ice cream there won't be a middle anymore."

 

"No!! I'm not breaking up with her. You got that, I'm not!" Sooyoung yelled back.

 

"My best friend who would never ever dream of breaking a rule. Is breaking one of the biggest rules at the hospital. Why Soo? Seriously why would you even do that?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Because I love her ........ I'm in love with her Fany."

 

"But Soo, you've only known her a week. Why would you even think of throwing your job away for someone you barely know?"

 

"I don't know..... I didn't plan for it to happen. It just happened."

 

"So tell me how much do you know about this girl? Huh Soo? Just how much do you really know about her?" asked Fany.

 

"Nothing........ okay I know nothing about her." Sooyoung yelled back.

 

"Frickin hell Soo. Would you listen to yourself. You don't know anything about her but you're prepared to lose your job for her. Why is she even in hospital anyway. I saw her walking and I saw her talking to you so why does she even need to be there?" asked Tiffany.

 

"Something happened to her that made her close off from everyone. I don't know what happened but she hasn't got over it yet so she's not ready to leave hospital."

 

"So you've fallen in love with someone you know absolutely nothing about." Tiffany just sat there shaking her head at Soo.

 

"Why are you doing that? Why are you so angry with me? See this is why I didn't tell you in the first place. I knew you wouldn't approve." 

 

"I don't approve because of the position she's put you in. If she's well enough to start a new relationship with someone, then she should be well enough to discharge herself from the hospital."

 

"You don't know her so stop judging her. She's not ready to leave yet, okay. So stop going on and on about it." Sooyoung said defensively.

 

"But Soo the two of you are both happy now but what if it all goes bad. What if you don't like her anymore and you break up with her. Well what's to say that she's not going to be bitter and then report you to the Nursing Director, huh?"

 

"She could say you did inappropriate things with her and what then? Where's that leave you. Soo, you could end up being charged for something like that." said Tiffany with concern.

 

Sooyoung had not thought about something like that before. She knew she hadn't thought this relationship over in great detail because she was just following her heart and not her head.

 

"I.... I don't know. I hadn't thought about anything like that. I don't think she would turn on me though."

 

"But you don't know that for sure. Do you?"

 

"No I don't but ........ I want to be with her so badly. I don't want to think about stuff like that because she's never shown a side of her like that for me to be worried about." Sooyoung began to cry.

 

Tiffany got up and stood in front of her. Sooyoung looked at her with tears in her eyes.

 

"So this is it ........... you're going to report me tomorrow at work arn't you?" asked Sooyoung.

 

Tiffany grabbed hold of both of Sooyoung's hands.

 

"No I wouldn't do that to you. I know you've fallen for this girl Soo. I can see how happy she makes you but I'm worried for you. I'm scared that your world is going to come crashing down if this girl is not who you think she is."

 

"I want you to live your happily ever after with her but Soo I don't want my best friend left heart broken and without a job if it all falls apart."

 

"What should I do then? I don't know what to do." Sooyoung said still feeling upset.

 

Tiffany pulled her in for a tight hug.

 

"I'll do whatever you want me to do, okay? If you want me to turn a blind eye to this I will. I want you to be happy Soo, I really do but there's so many what if's with your relationship."

 

"You would do that for me? Like you would let me continue my relationship with her?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Yes and if you live your happily ever after I'll be expecting to be your head bridesmaid and if it all falls apart well I'll be your shoulder to cry on. okay? I'll always be here for you, you know that right?"

 

Sooyoung hugged Tiffany tighter.

 

"I have asked her about her past Fany but she's really not ready to tell me yet. I don't want to push her with it because I can tell she's carrying a lot of pain around even though she's never opened up about it."

 

"Well Soo you got her to walk and talk so if anyone's going to find out about what really happened to her it'll be you." said Tiffany.

 

"I hope so."

 

"You really are in a deep mess with all of this arn't you. How long do you think it'll be before people at your work notice. I mean don't you think Yoong and Seo will notice eventually?" asked Fany.

 

"I'm really hoping that Ice cream has discharged herself before it becomes so obvious to everyone else but that could just be wishful thinking."

 

"You haven't like.... you know you haven't done it with her yet, have you?" asked Tiffany.

 

"No,"

 

"It's just that if you two take it to the next level well that could get you into serious trouble Soo. The hospital will probably except a kissing and hugging relationship a whole lot better than a ual relationship. So please keep that in mind when the two of you perhaps feel like taking it up a notch."

 

Sooyoung knew what Tiffany was saying made sense. Being able to control herself around her girlfriend would not be an easy thing to do especially when she thought about how she felt making out with Jessi at the dock's tonight.

 

"I really want to see more of her outside of the hospital. Would you be annoyed if I organized more outings with her?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"When you say more outings you actually mean more dates, don't you?"

 

"Yes, I guess that's what I mean. But I can't help but think the more time she spends away from the hospital the more chance there is of her maybe really wanting to discharge herself. Don't you think?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"I guess if she really enjoys her time away from the hospital then yes, you might be right."

 

"If I tried to organize a BBQ for Saturday night with our friends. Would you have a problem if I got permission for her to come along?"

 

"Soo I said I'd support you okay but the more you socialize with her away from the hospital the more chance there is for the two of you to be careless and get caught out."

 

"I know, it's just I really want to see more of her away from the hospital. She seems more relaxed away from there so I think she's more likely to open up to me away from the hospital."

 

"Well I'm happy for her to come here if that's what you really want, okay." said Tiffany.

 

"Thanks Fany." Sooyoung smiled.

 

 

 

The Next Morning

 

 

 

Once Sooyoung arrived at work she went to head straight to Jessica's room.

 

"Soo, you won't be able to take Ice cream outside yet." said Seohyun.

 

"Why not?" 

 

"Because she's in with Miss Lim at the moment."

 

Sooyoung started to feel panicked. Why is she with Miss Lim. Does Miss Lim know about our relationship? I know Fany wouldn't of reported me but what if Yoong or Seo saw us holding hands at the movies as well. But surely they would of asked me about it first.

 

What if Jessi was the one that wanted to talk to Miss Lim. Maybe I won't have a job after today. What if I d......

 

Seohyun interrupted Sooyoung's thoughts.

 

"Soo what's wrong? Why do you look so stressed?" asked Seohyun.

 

"Um no reason, I guess. Why is Ice cream with Miss Lim this morning?"

 

"I'm not sure. I saw Choa wheel her over to Miss Lim's office before she finished her shift." said Seo.

 

"Oh okay well I better get to work. Catch you later." said Sooyoung.

 

"Good morning my beautiful Sooyoung." Mr. Lee smiled.

 

"Hello Mr. Lee I missed you. Did you miss me? As soon as I'm finished with Ice cream I'm coming to see you, okay."

 

"Of course I missed you. I look forward to seeing you each day. Although I know I'm not your favourite patient anymore but I'll settle for second favourite." he smiled.

 

"Only my second favourite who told you that?"

 

"It's okay I don't mind being second. She makes you happy so I'm happy." he smiled before he wheeled himself away.

 

What does he mean by she makes me happy so I'm happy, thought Sooyoung.

 

She then headed into Jessica's room and decided to wait a while.

 

Soo had waited five minutes and was thinking about leaving when Jessica opened the door. Sooyoung just remained seated on the bed unsure as to what Jessica was about to say to her.

 

Once Jessi shut the door and locked it she stood up and rushed over to Sooyoung.

 

"I'm sorry I wasn't here waiting for you but Miss Lim wanted to talk to me." said Jessica.

 

"So she knows about us?" Soo said in panic.

 

"No Soo she doesn't."

 

Sooyoung let a deep breath out in relief before some tears ran down her face.

 

"What's wrong?" Jessica pulled Sooyoung off the bed and then wrapped her arms around her.

 

Sooyoung held Jessica so tight.

 

"Soo why are you crying?"

 

"I thought we were caught out and that it was going to be over between us."

 

Jessica Sooyoung's face.

 

"Miss Lim just wanted me to write out some answers to her questions on paper. You know asking me if I enjoyed my night at the movies and if I would like to go again. I also wrote that I would like to do some other things away from the hospital not just the movies."

 

"It's alright Soo, we didn't get caught out." she said as she placed a sweet kiss on Sooyoung's lips.

 

"Um we did actually get caught out last night. Fany saw us together and she knows everything now but she said she would support me with our relationship. She's not very happy with it though."

 

"How did she catch us?"

 

"She saw us holding hands in the movie so she decided to follow my car to the dock's after the movie. So she saw us making out."

 

"So she's not happy with us being together. Why?"

 

"She thinks I'm stupid for putting my job on the line for a girl I barely know." said Sooyoung.

 

"Oh."

 

"She's also worried that you might I guess turn on me."

 

"Turn on you. Why?" asked Jessica.

 

"She said if I ended up breaking up with you that you might turn bitter and report me to Miss Lim for doing inappropriate things with you."

 

"Soo your best friend only has your best interest at heart. I understand why she's worried about something like that but I can guarantee you I would never do that to you. I know you don't know much about me but you can be sure I would never report you to Miss Lim." said Jessica.

 

"I didn't think you would but I really don't know much about you so can I at least ask you how old you are?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Sure you can, I'm 23. How about you nurse Sooyoung, how old are you?" Jessica smiled.

 

"Wow you're really 23. That's way too old for me. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to break up with you immediately." Sooyoung smiled cheekily.

 

"Stop trying to be funny and tell me your age." Jessica smiled.

 

"I'm 22. Is that too young for you?" Sooyoung grinned.

 

Jessica reached over and grabbed the toy kitten and threw it at Sooyoung.

 

"Do you still think you're funny, huh?" asked Jessica.

 

"Yep I do actually." Sooyoung grinned.

 

"Fine." Jessica picked up the kitten and threw it again.

 

"So you still think you're funny?"

 

Sooyoung laughed before answering. "Yes."

 

Jessica grabbed her pillow and walked towards Sooyoung. She then whacked her in the tummy with it.

 

Sooyoung laughed at her.

 

Jessica then whacked her over and over again with the pillow.

 

"Okay Ice cream no more hitting."

 

"Really what would you like me to do if I'm not allowed to hit you anymore?" Jessica asked cheekily.

 

Sooyoung didn't answer she met Jessica's lips instantly for a long kiss.

 

"So did Miss Lim say if she would let you leave the hospital more?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"She thinks it would be good for me to get out more often."

 

"Okay so what would you think about coming to my house on Saturday night for a BBQ with my friends?" asked Sooyoung.

 

An excited look took over Jessica's face.

 

"I would love to go to your house." she smiled.

 

"Well I'll ask Miss Lim today and if it's okay she'll probably want you to sign something for approval." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay um do you think she'd let me stay over your house?" asked Jessica.

 

"You want to stay over my house?"

 

"I want you to hold me in your arms all night but it's okay, don't ask Miss Lim because I think she would wonder why I needed to stay over. I'm sure we'll get a chance to spend all night together eventually."

 

"I hope we will one night but for now I'll just ask if you can maybe stay until 11pm or maybe midnight. I'll see what Miss Lim thinks about it."

 

"Okay I hope she let's me go because I really want to see your house so I don't have to imagine where you are each night because I would know what your house and bedroom looks like."

 

"Oh so you imagine me in my bedroom at night do you?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"Maybe." she smiled cheekily.

 

"Okay well let's get you outside Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica grabbed her notebook and kitten and sat in the chair.

 

"I can't wait for the day that you sit in this wheelchair without that kitten in your hand." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"That day is not going to happen Soo." she grinned.

 

Once they were outside she pushed Jessica over to there usual spot. Sooyoung sat on the grass.

 

Then there was yelling and a commotion before Yoona screamed out.

 

"Sooyoung!!! Sooyoung come quickly!! Soo!! Hurry!!! Sooyoung!!!!" 

 

Sooyoung got to her feet instantly and ran towards Yoona.

 

Jessica wheeled herself over towards Sooyoung.

 

"It's Mr. Lee. Soo, quick say your final goodbye to him. The doctor said he won't last much longer." said Yoona.

 

"What? No!"

 

"Soo, quick before it's too late." said Yoona.

 

Sooyoung rushed to him.

 

"My pretty Sooyoung. I asked you to break that.. (cough).. hospital rule with me nearly everyday..(cough).. didn't I." said Mr. Lee.

 

"Yes, yes you did." Sooyoung said with tears falling.

 

"I know we joked about it (cough)... all the time...but Sooyoung ( cough) come closer." 

 

Sooyoung moved closer so he could whisper in her ear.

 

"I see the ...(cough).. way you look at her ...(cough) ... sometimes it's okay to ... (cough) .. break the rules."

 

"Thank you ...(cough) ... for being the best .... (cough)... nurse ever.........................................."

 

"Mr. Lee......... Mr. Lee......No.." Sooyoung yelled with tears streaming faster down her face.

 

Yoona went to grab Sooyoung away but she pulled away.

 

"No Mr. Lee.... wake up....... please Mr. Lee..... wake up."

 

"Sooyoung-ah......he's gone now..... he's....... he's gone Sooyoung-ah." Yoona said as she wrapped her arms tightly around Sooyoung.

 

Yoona knew that Mr. Lee was Sooyoung's favourite patient well second favourite now that Sooyoung had Ice cream.

 

Jessica wheeled herself in front of Sooyoung and began to wipe her tears away. Yoona pulled out of the hug with Sooyoung while she watched Jessica wipe Sooyoung's tears.

 

As soon as Yoona let go of Sooyoung, Jessica then wrapped her arms around Sooyoung............