Released

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Everyone,

The next chapter will be the last chapter for this fic. Here's the new update!!

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"There's something we could do to make us both feel better." Hara said.

 

"Now Hara I don't know what you're suggesting but you already know I'm very happily taken." 

 

"I know Soo, I wasn't suggesting anything like that. But if you want to do something like that I'm up for it." Hara grinned cheekily.

 

Sooyoung smiled and shook her head.

 

"No I only do something like that with my girlfriend, now what else did you have in mind." Sooyoung asked.

 

"I'm sure it would make you feel better and me feel better if you got your job back. And I think I know just how to go about it." Hara smiled.

 

Sooyoung's phone rang. Caller ID said it was Yoona :

 

"Hi Yoong."

 

"Hi Soo it's Jessi, where are you and why did you quit your job?"

 

"Um I'm at home and I quit because I kind of had no choice in the end."

 

"Miss Lim found out about us didn't she?"

 

"Yes she did."

 

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I forced you to secretly date me and now you've lost your job." Jessica said feeling upset.

 

"It's not your fault. You didn't force me to date you. I wanted to date you."

 

"But Soo, now you have no job and all the patient's love you at this hospital and I love you at this hospital. We can't get by without you working here. I'm going to talk to Miss Lim."

 

"No Jessi, please don't. Hara and I are coming up with a plan right now to get my job back."

 

"Hara's at home with you?"

 

"Yes she drove me home because I was so upset."

 

"But I'm your girlfriend, I should be with you right now if you're upset."

 

"It's okay I'm feeling better now but if you want to come see me, I'd love it if you did." said Sooyoung.

 

"Okay I'm coming. I'll put Yoona on now and you can let her know what happened while I go let Miss Lim know I'm going out."

 

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

 

Sooyoung filled Yoona in with everything that had happened.

 

When Jessica arrived she wrapped her arms instantly around Sooyoung. She then looked over to Hara.

 

"Oops am I suppose to be in my wheelchair." she whispered into Sooyoung's ear.

 

"No it's okay Hara knows about everything."

 

Sooyoung then told Jessica about Miss Lim's plan and how Hara was part of it. 

 

"So you made Soo lose her job." she said angrily at Hara.

 

"Jessi don't blame Hara because I was the one breaking the rules so it's really my fault not hers."

 

Jessica then looked back at Soo.

 

"I want to talk to the media so you can get your job back again."

 

"No." said Sooyoung.

 

"I want to do it for you Soo."

 

"So you really think you're ready for your story to be shared on TV with everyone in this country and possibly all around the world?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"No I'm not ready for it but I'd do it for you, if it meant you could keep your job."

 

Sooyoung felt so loved with Jessica offering to talk to the media just so she could get her job back. She leant over and kissed Jessica.

 

"Thank you but you don't need to do that because we've come up with a different plan." said Sooyoung.

 

"What's the plan."

 

"We go to the media with your story but we won't do interviews or photos. So they won't pay as much money for the story but they'll still pay enough to help out the hospital and bring great publicity to the hospital as well. So would you be happy with that Jessi?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Only if Miss Lim gives you your job back."

 

"Well I'm going to ring her now to see what she thinks about our plan." said Sooyoung.

 

"Um Soo how much will the story reaveal...... like will it mention the reason why I..... um ended up in ho......."

 

"No Jessi, they don't need to know that and if they want to know we won't tell them. Okay?"

 

"Okay then." said Jessica.

 

"Sooyoung if my Aunty won't give you your job back I'm sure I could get you a job working at my hospital." said Hara.

 

"Really?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"She won't be taking a job with you." said Jessica.

 

"Jessi I might need to take a job with Hara."

 

"But I need you as my nurse and all your other patient's need you as their nurse."

 

"I really want my job back because Nurse Sooyoung wants to celebrate the day that patient Ice cream gets discharged." Sooyoung smiled.

 

Jessica smiled back at her.

 

"So I'll go call Miss LIm now." Sooyoung went to her bedroom to call Miss Lim.

 

"Just so you know I don't trust you." Jessica said.

 

"Look I'm really sorry for everything. If I had my time over I wouldn't of agreed to do it." said Hara.

 

"I know you really like Sooyoung but just remember she's already got a girlfriend so don't try making any moves on her."

 

"Yes I do like her but I'm not going to make a move on her when she's already in a relationship with you. But if you two ever break up then I'd like to be the first in line to date her." said Hara.

 

"Well I wouldn't get your hopes up because I have no intention of ever breaking up with her."

 

"Hopefully for your sake Sooyoung never wants to break up with you, but I guess time will tell, right." said Hara.

 

Sooyoung walked back out.

 

"She liked our idea, so she's going to ring the media today and let us know what they say." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"And what about your job?" Jessica asked.

 

"She said she wants me back but obviously if I break the rules again then she would have to dismiss me."

 

"That's great Sooyoung." said Hara.

 

"Yes but they won't be able to run the story until you've been discharged Jessi but I know it won't be too much longer until that happens." said Sooyoung.

 

 

 

A couple of weeks later.......

 

 

 

Jessica wanted to celebrate the fact that she was now Sooyoung's longest ever relationship. She went shopping with Fany to buy something special for Soo.

 

She bought her a heart shaped silver locket that had two interlocking gold hearts on the front with the words 'Together Forever' engraved on the back.

 

But what she didn't know is that Sooyoung had taken Tiffany shopping with her the night before for the same reason and Soo had picked out the exact same thing for Jessica. Fany thought it was sweet that they picked out the same locket for each other so she didn't tell them.

 

When Sooyoung arrived at work she headed straight to Jessica's room because she was wanting to surprise her with the locket she had bought.

 

"Goodmorning my beautiful girlfriend." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Someone's in a good mood today. Just so happens that I'm in a good mood too." Jessica smiled.

 

They hugged and then shared a long romantic kiss. Sooyoung was about to pull her gift out of her pocket when......

 

"I'll be right back because I'm busting to go to the toilet." said Jessica.

 

Sooyoung sat herself down on the bed while she waited for Jessica to come back. She noticed some photos sitting on Jessica's bedside table. Soo picked them up to take a closer look.

 

The first was a photo of Jessi with her family, the second was a picture of her Mum and Dad, the third was a photo of Jessica and Krystal together and the fourth was.............. Jessi with her arms around a girl.

 

Sooyoung looked at the back of the photo. It had Jessica and Minyoung written on the back. Sooyoung froze briefly then she heard Jessica coming and she put the photos back down.

 

"I see you've got your photos out." said Sooyoung.

 

"Yeah I thought it was about time I put my loved ones on display. I'm going to buy photo frames and put them up on the bedside table and the other table." Jessica smiled.

 

She's going to put a photo of her and Minyoung up in this room, Sooyoung thought sadly.

 

"See how far I've progressed because of you. I'm finally going to put photos up and I haven't had a nightmare for ages and I guess that just leaves driving a car again but I'm never going to do that again anyway. I mean I just could't bring myself to drive a car ever again." 

 

"Soo........ are you listening?"

 

"Ah...... um yeah, you said you're never going to drive ever again." said Sooyoung who still couldn't stop thinking about the photo of Jessi and Minyoung that she was going to put in a frame and display in her room.

 

"Guess what Soo. I've got a little something for you." said Jessica as she went to open her drawer to get the locket out.

 

"Um I really need to go. I'll be back later." 

 

"But Soo I was going to give you som............." but before Jessi could finish her sentence Sooyoung had left the room.

 

I wonder why Soo had to rush off. I hope she comes back soon. I can't wait to see her face when I give her the locket, thought Jessica.

 

Sooyoung walked into Miss Lim's office.

 

"Hi Sooyoung."

 

"Hi Miss Lim do you think you could let me leave work for most of today. It's for Ice cream, as her nurse not as her girlfriend. I know she is so close to being discharged and well I think there's one thing that might help her. And I know that the sooner she is discharged the better it is for you because then you can contact the media." 

 

Miss Lim agreed with Sooyoung's plan and Sooyoung went to her car and made a phone call. She then set off on her two hour drive.

 

Sooyoung parked her car and walked to the front door and knocked.

 

"Hello you must be Sooyoung."

 

"Yes that's me, and you must be Minyoung. Hi It's nice to meet you."

 

Minyoung invited Sooyoung in and they sat down at her dining table.

 

"So you seriously know where Jessi is?"

 

"Yes as I told you on the phone I'm her nurse."

 

"She just seemed to disappear into thin air. I went and saw her housemaid but even she had no idea where Jessi was. I've been so worried about her."

 

"It's not really my place to tell you about how she ended up in hospital but I can tell you she's happy and doing well."

 

"Really? That's fantastic I had all sorts of crazy things going through my head." said Minyoung.

 

"I was just wondering if you would consider coming to visit her?"

 

"I would love to come and visit her but the last time I saw her she hated me and was blaming me for a lot of things. I don't think she'd want to see me."

 

"I think it would do both you and Jessi good to finally talk again. I'm sure you both have a lot of things left unsaid and maybe some good memories you'd want to reminisce about." said Sooyoung.

 

"Do you really think she'd like me to come visit her?"

 

"She hasn't had any visitors since her stay in our hospital so I think she's well overdue don't you?" said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung began her long drive back to the hospital. Minyoung grabbed her things and started her drive to the hospital as well. 

 

When Soo got back she went to see Miss Lim.

 

"So she's really coming?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Sooyoung I realize what a hard position this has put you in but as her nurse I think you've done the right thing. As her girlfriend I'm sure you're feeling a little unsure with what you've done."

 

"Uh huh." she said as a few tears escaped her eyes.

 

"Sooyoung try not to doubt the love Ice cream has for you. Even if her ex girlfriend is coming to see her soon, I'm sure you'll still be the one she wants. They both do need some closure though and that's why you've done the right thing." she said while rubbing Sooyoung's back.

 

"I just hope I have done the right thing."

 

"Ice cream's been asking for you ever since you left. I told her you needed to do something away from the hospital for a patient. But she's still been asking for you every hour so you know how much she loves you Sooyoung." 

 

Miss Lim's office phone rang. 

 

"That was the main desk. They said Minyoung is there asking for you. Good luck Sooyoung."

 

Sooyoung walked to the main desk and greeted Minyoung and then they headed to Jessica's room.

 

"If you just wait out here I'll let Jessi know she's got a visitor because she's never had one before she won't be expecting one." said Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung entered her room. Jessica rushed up to her and wrapped her arms around her.

 

"Where have you been? I missed you so much. I didn't know you were going out today."

 

"It was sort of a last minute thing." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well now that you're finally back I have something I want to give you." Jessica smiled.

 

"Jessi wait .......... you have a visitor."

 

"What?"

 

"You have a visitor."

 

"I never get visitors."

 

"Well today you have a visitor." Sooyoung then walked to the door and let Minyoung in.

 

"JESSI." Minyoung called out in excitement.

 

"Minyoung." Jessica said as the two of them hugged each other.

 

The hug lasted so long that it made Sooyoung feel like she shouldn't be in the room with them. She left the room and headed to the staff room. She waited there until fifteen minutes after her shift had ended.

 

Sooyoung then decided to go home. When she was walking upstairs her phone rang and in her rush to answer it she dropped her phone down the stairs and smashed it to pieces.

 

Oh great, that's just great now my phone's broken, thought Sooyoung. She couldn't stop thinking about Jessica. Deep down she was hoping Jessi would come and visit her and tell her about her visit from Minyoung but she didn't get a visit from Jessica. She hadn't heard a thing from her.

 

Sooyoung arrived for work the next day yawning because she had got barely any sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about Jessi. When she went to the main desk she was told to go see Miss Lim. This annoyed Sooyoung because she wanted to go straight to Jessica's room and talk to her.

 

She entered Miss Lim's office and sat down.

 

"I was really wanting to visit Ice cream right now to ask her about her visit from Minyoung." said Sooyoung.

 

"That's why I wanted to see you Sooyoung. I've only just been told this now when I arrived for work. It seems Sooyoung that Ice cream discharged herself from the hospital last night ........................