She Still Cares

The Silent Patient

 

 

 

 

Thank you for the upvotes and also to the new subscribers  :))

Hope you enjoy the update!!

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"You're not done with being my girlfriend are you?" asked Jessica.

 

Sooyoung stopped walking for a moment and then continued towards the door. She opened it and left the room without answering Jessica's question.

 

Oh my god, what have I done. I really didn't think this through properly. Sooyoung's right I was only thinking of myself and I really did make her look like a fool in front of the regional director, thought Jessica.

 

She didn't answer my question but at least Soo didn't say she was breaking up with me........ well not yet anyway. I love her so much and I only did it because I didn't want her not to be my nurse anymore but I upset her so much that she doesn't want to be my nurse anyway. I need to make this up to her.

 

Jessica sat herself down to write a note and then wheeled herself to Miss. Lim's office. 

 

"Just the person I was wanting to see. Please come in Ice cream"

 

Jessica entered her office and handed Miss Lim her note :

 

Dear Miss Lim,

I'm so sorry for not writing in the meeting with the Regional Director.

Could I please have a second chance at showing him? I wasn't 

feeling well earlier, I think I was just overtired from all the nightmares

I've been having. Even if I have to go see him rather than him come

see us, I wouldn't mind. 

 

 

Jessica didn't want to tell Miss Lim the real reason why she wanted a second chance.

 

"Do you really want to do this? I mean if we go see him and you don't write for him again well that'll just make us look worse." said Miss Lim.

 

Jessica wrote :  I really want to do this and I promise I'll write but can just you and I go.

 

"Why don't you want Sooyoung to come along?"

 

She wrote :  She's really upset with me right now and I don't want to take her away from her other patients while we're away.

 

Jessica wanted to do it without Sooyoung as a surprise for her. Also she wasn't sure that Sooyoung would want to come after seeing how upset she was.

 

"Okay I'll call him now and see if he can fit us in for a meeting tomorrow, okay."

 

Jessica smiled and nodded her head. She then headed back to her room. Miss Lim came and saw her 20 minutes later to tell her that they would be going to see Mr. Jeong the Regional Director tomorrow at three in the afternoon. Yoona came to see her just before she finished work.

 

"So Jessi do you still want to come camping with us this weekend?"

 

"Yes I do but what about Soo? I don't think she'll want me to come anymore." said Jessica.

 

"You're right she doesn't want you to come now but I know deep, deep, deep down she does still want you to come." 

 

"Well what should I do then?" asked Jessica.

 

"You should come. Seohyun and I will pick you up from here at nine, like we already planned."

 

"Okay, is Soo going there with Fany and Bora now?" Jessica asked.

 

"No I'll still make her come in our car."

 

"I honestly think she won't want to be in the same car with me but I'm not very good in cars, like I get a bit anxious and......."

 

"Don't worry, Seo will be driving and she's a really good driver. Soo already told her the other day that she had to take extra care while driving there because of you." said Yoona.

 

"That was back when Soo still cared about me but right now I don't think she cares about me."

 

"She still cares about you Jessi but she's just feeling really hurt right now by what you did." Yoona said.

 

"I know she is but I'm going to make it up to her tomorrow because Miss Lim and I are going to see the Regional Director and I'm going to write for him this time and I'll answer all his questions. I made a huge mistake today and I'm going to fix it and hopefully Soo will forgive me."

 

"Wow really. That's great Jessi. Why don't you tell Soo what you're going to do tomorrow." said Yoona.

 

"No I don't want to tell her until I've actually done it so I can tell her how it went and what Mr. Jeong says. Please don't tell her Yoona."

 

"It's okay I won't tell her. Now don't forget to pack for the camping trip okay."

 

"I won't, I'm really looking forward to it." Jessica said.

 

 

 

The Next Day - Friday.

 

 

 

Nurse Choa was explaining to Yoona about the terrible night Jessica had with her nightmares.

 

"Seungyeon said she had eight during her shift and then she had another five on my shift. So she had 13 for the night. You said Sooyoung is taking a break from being her nurse but I think that decision has had a really bad effect on Ice cream." Choa said.

 

"The two of them had a bit of a misunderstanding yesterday. I'm sure they'll sort things out over the next day or two but I'll keep an eye on Ice cream today in case anything else is bothering her." Yoona said.

 

"Okay thanks Yoona."

 

Yoona went to see Jessica immediately. When she saw her sitting on her bed Yoona could tell she hadn't had much sleep.

 

"Jessi you had 13 nightmares last night. When I left you yesterday you seemed happy because you were going to fix things for Sooyoung. So what happened? Is something else upsetting you right now?"

 

"I....... I, well I know I'm going to sort things out with the regional Director today but I can't help thinking about the look on Soo's face when she came to see me yesterday. She was really upset and well she was so disappointed in me. What if she hasn't said it yet but she really does want to break up with me?" Jessi said sadly.

 

"She's hurt by what you did to her even though you never meant to hurt her. She's still got that running through her mind right now but give her a bit more time and I'm sure she'll forgive you. She loves you too much not to forgive you."

 

"I'm not so sure but I hope you're right."

 

"I'm going to tell Soo now about the 13 nightmares you had last night. She needs to be your nurse again because look what's happening to you without her." said Yoona.

 

"No, I don't want you to tell her. She'll just blame herself for me having so many nightmares. Please don't say anything."

 

"Are you sure?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yes I don't want her to know."

 

 

Later on in the day Miss Lim and Jessica left the hospital to visit the Regional Director for their meeting. Jessica handed a note to Mr. Jeong when she greeted him apologizing for not replying to him on paper yesterday. She wrote that she was feeling unwell and should of let him know. She then responded to all of Mr. Jeong's questions by writing them out on paper. 

 

He was very impressed with her progress. She also let him know that the hospital staff hadn't pushed her to do things that she wasn't ready for. She also gave the most praise to Sooyoung, letting him know that she wouldn't of made such great progress without her.

 

On their drive back to the hospital Miss Lim thanked Jessica for going to see the Regional Director. Jessica hadn't seen Sooyoung at all today and she was really missing her.

 

When she returned to her room in the hospital she took a look outside her window. She could see Sooyoung with one of her other patient's.

 

She was hoping Soo would look up into her window because Jessica wanted to wave to her but then she walked away because she knew Soo was still upset with her and probably wouldn't wave back at her anyway.

 

 

 

Saturday - Leaving for their Camping Trip.

 

 

 

"No I'm not going with you guys, I'm going with Fany and Bora." said Sooyoung.

 

"Soo you're just being stubborn. You do realize that Jessi is upset with herself for what she did to you. She hadn't thought it through properly and she really didn't mean to embarrass you." said Yoona.

 

"Sorry Soo but you're going to have to go with them anyway because we need to load up our back seat with the food for our trip." Fany said. 

 

They did have room for Sooyoung but Fany knew Soo had been miserable without seeing Jessica yesterday. So she wanted them to be in the same car together in the hope they could sort things out and be the happy couple they use to be.

 

"Fine then but you need to tell Jessi that I'm not talking to her." Sooyoung said grumpily.

 

Once they finished loading the cars. Fany and Bora started driving to the camp site while Seohyun drove her car to pick up Jessica from the hospital.

 

Yoona went in to get Jessi but when she did the nurse told her that Jessica had 16 nightmares through the night. Jessica signed herself out and then Yoona wheeled her to the car.

 

Yoona had let Jessi know that Sooyoung didn't want to talk to her. Yoona could see the hurt on Jessica's face when she told her.

 

Yoona made Sooyoung sit in the back with Jessica. Sooyoung didn't look at Jessi and just kept staring out her window. But once they actually started to drive Soo couldn't resist but to look at her because she was worried about whether it was upsetting Jessica to be in the car.

 

She could see Jessica had her head down and was fidgeting with her hands and then her hands started to shake. Sooyoung then took her seatbelt off which Jessi saw her do and that made her panic.

 

"Don't take your belt off. It's dangerous, put your belt back on Soo." Jessica said with worry.

 

Sooyoung slid across to the middle seat right next to Jessica and began to put that seatbelt on.

 

"It's okay, I'm just moving closer to you because I can tell your feeling anxious right now and I did tell you last week that I would hold your hand for the trip. So that's what I'm going to do, but I'm still not talking to you, okay." said Sooyoung.

 

Jessica couldn't wipe the smile of her face when Sooyoung grabbed hold of her hand tightly. She doesn't want to talk to me but she still cares enough about me to hold my hand right now, thought Jessica.

 

"Are you okay? I know it's a long trip but Seo is a good driver, so don't worry okay." Sooyoung said caringly as she Jessica's hand.

 

I thought she said she wasn't talking to me and she's even my hand right now. I think my Sooyoung does still love me even though she's upset with what I did to her the other day, thought Jessica.

 

"I'm better now that your holding my hand." Jessica smiled.

 

Sooyoung held Jessica's hand for the whole drive to the camping grounds. But once they arrived Sooyoung went back to not talking to Jessica.

 

They set up their tents and then they broke up into pairs to look for fire wood.

 

"Do you want to come with me?" Jessica asked Sooyoung. Sooyoung shook her head and took off with Seohyun.

 

"Soo I can tell you've forgiven her but why arn't you telling her that?" asked Seohyun.

 

"How can you tell that I've forgiven her?"

 

"Because you just smiled when you turned away from her then. Are you enjoying her trying to make it up to you or something?"

 

"Maybe I don't know. I just want her to think about what she did a bit longer. Honestly though she looked so cute when she asked me if I wanted to go with her." Sooyoung smiled.

 

All of them returned with firewood and Seohyun helped Bora set up the logs around the fire wood pile. Fany then asked Soo if she wanted to go on a trail walk with her.

 

When the two of them took off on their walk. Jessica decided to have a sleep because she was so tired from all the nightmares she had during the last two nights.

 

Tiffany and Sooyoung were gone for nearly two hours and when they returned Yoona told them that Jessica had been sleeping but woke up with five nightmares in the hour and a half that she slept in the tent.

 

"Where is she now?" asked Sooyoung.

 

"She went for a walk with Seo."

 

By the time Seo and Jessi returned form their walk Bora had already started cooking their dinner. Sooyoung was sitting on one log while Yoona and Fany were sitting on the other.

 

Jessica sat next to Sooyoung on the log.

 

"Did you miss me while I was walking with Seo?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm not talking to you remember."

 

Jessica slid herself along the log until her arm was touching Soo's arm. Sooyoung then slid away from her. Jessica slid next to her again. Sooyoung slid away again. The two of them continued doing this until Sooyoung was at the end of the log and couldn't move any further.

 

Sooyoung then rested her head in her arms on her lap. She did this because she wanted to stop herself from laughing at Jessica sliding next to her all the time but from Jessica's angle it looked like Sooyoung was upset at her for doing it. So Jessica slid further away from Sooyoung.

 

Once Jessica slid away, Sooyoung then slid back along so she was right next to Jessica with their arms touching. Jessica looked at Sooyoung and Soo smiled back at her. Jessi then leant her head on Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

Jessica was so happy that Sooyoung didn't move away when she rested her head on Soo's shoulder. Not long after they all had their dinner and sat around talking with each other when Tiffany handed sticks and marshmallows to them all.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica sat next to each other as they toasted their marshmallows over the fire. Sooyoung was busy talking so much to the others that she burnt her marshmallow.

 

"Do I need to bring the toy kitten out of my tent so I can throw it at you for talking too much." Jessica said with a smile.

 

"Do you want my burnt marshmallow." Sooyoung smiled at her.

 

"Here you can have mine." Jessica offered Soo her marshmallow.

 

"No it's okay, it serves me right for talking too much and not caring for my baby marshmallow as I should of. Sorry for being such a bad parent  my cute little marshmallow. I am no longer fit to be your parent." Sooyoung said as she faked cried trying to be funny.

 

All the others laughed. They were happy to see Sooyoung being happy and acting like herself again.

 

Jessica could see that Sooyoung was happier now but as much as they were sitting next to each other, Sooyoung hadn't attempted to hold hands or kiss Jessi. 

 

And she knew Sooyoung musn't of forgiven her yet when they all decided to go to sleep because Sooyoung had decided to share her tent with Seohyun. Which meant Jessica had to share with Yoona.

 

"Goodnight Soo." Jessica waved at her as they headed to their tents.

 

"Goodnight Ice cream." Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Why arn't you sharing a tent with her?" Seo asked Sooyoung when she entered the tent.

 

"Um I don't know really. I guess we haven't fully made up yet."

 

"But you didn't break up with her the other day."

 

"I know but I just meant we haven't made up from what happened the other day. I really want to be with her right now and I really wish I was sharing a tent with her." said Sooyoung.

 

"Well then go share a tent with her and send Yoona over here to share with me."

 

"It's probably too late now. I should of talked to her about it earlier but I didn't and maybe she doesn't want to share with me anyway." said Sooyoung.

 

"Of course she wants to share with you. She followed you around all night Soo and when I went on that walk with her, she couldn't stop talking about you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, she loves you Soo and she's so sorry about what she did the other day." said Seohyun.

 

"I love her so much Seo and I think that's why it hurt me so much when she did what she did the other day, but I do realize now that she didn't mean to humiliate me. They're probably asleep by now but I really do want to be with her tonight." 

 

"Soo just go to their tent and see if they're asleep or not. If they're already asleep then just come back to my tent." said Seohyun.

 

As Sooyoung stood up in the tent they heard Jessica screaming out no. Sooyoung ran to their tent.

 

"She hasn't even been asleep for long." said Yoona looking worried.

 

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Jessica.

 

"Jessi it's okay I'm here now."

 

"Sooyoung is that you?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yes it's me Jessi." Sooyoung was so happy that Jessica asked if it was her instead of saying Minyoung's name.

 

Sooyoung placed a kiss on Jessica's cheek and then her face. Jessi then opened her eyes and looked at her.

 

"I want to stay in the tent with you tonight. Is that okay with you?" Sooyoung asked.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

"Yes Soo, I want you to stay with me too. Does that mean you're talking to me now?"  ......................