Chapter 8

The Blood's line

Jessica tried hard to control her expression when she was entering the library and met Seohyun there.

She saw Luhan’s girlfriend sat alone, and busy with some thick book, the book cover was a deep brown, the paper seemed already became yellow. The old book, might be.

Now Jessica could see clearly, Luhan’s girlfriend, she had the most pale skin that Jessica had even saw in her entire of live, the chubby cheeks, and the big cute eyes. She was looked so angelic and pretty yet so fragile like a white rose, no wonder if Luhan fell in love with this girl.

“Ah, annyeonghaseo.” The girl bowed to her. “I am sorry, I don’t see you there.” She said politely to Jessica.

Jessica shook her head, and clear , “I am the one who was sorry. I’m distrubing you.” Jessica said awkwardly.

Seohyun titled her head, “No. of course not. You are the new student right?” Seohyun asked her. Seohyun walked closer to her, “My name is Seohyun.” She said.

Jessica nodded her heads, “My name is Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you Seohyun-ssi.” She said as she shook her hand. Her hand was so small and so soft.

Jessica felt the jealousy toward this girl, you couldn’t help it.  Jessica tried to dismiss the feeling, but she couldn’t help it, she felt that way. She saw the definiton of perfection in Seohyun, the beautiful face, the good personality, the powerful self, and the loving boyfriend.

“So, what are you looking for here Jessica-ssi, Maybe I can help you.” She said, Seohyun put her thick book to the table.

Jessica gulped, “Ah...my teacher said I can find about the vampire history from the library.” Jessica said remembering about her first class. The class that only consist of ten people maximum, one of them was Tiffany.

And she was the one that had to catch up with another material lesson, the teacher said they wouldn’t back to the basic. So Jessica had to learn about the royal family by herself. Tiffany only provided the gossip, and Tiffany was so allergic to library, so she refused to accompany Jessica.

Seohyun nodded, “I will help you!” she said, “Ah Jessica-ssi, are you okay?” she asked her.

Jessica knew what seohyun talked about, that about the incident last night, that she was fainted because Kris her blood. “Yes...Lay sunbaenim healed me.”

“I’m sorry for Kris behaviour, and if you not feel save anymore.” Seohyun said.

Why did Seohyun must say sorry? that wasn’t her fault at all. The one who should apologize was Kris! He was the one who made her fainted, and Jessica prefered to stay away and not receiving his apologizes.

“Why are you sorry?” Jessica asked Seohyun curiously.

Seohyun shook her head, “For you not feeling safe here. In chandalice, you must feel save, this is our last home.” Seohyun said, Jessica knew she was hiding something. Jessica wanted to ask her what was it but she felt this wasn’t the appropiate time.

“Ah..talk about home, do you know where can I call my home, Seohyun-ssi?” Jessica deliberately change the topic.

Seohyun looked at her in shock, and then to pity and affectionately, Jessica suddenly know that something wrong. “What happen? I couldn’t call my parents?” Jessica asked her.

“Let’s sit for a while.” Seohyun touched Jessica arms and making her sit.

Jessica shook her head, “No! I need answer, Seohyun-ssi.” She said, “I couldn’t call  my family? They will be worried about me.”

“Jessica-ssi calm down first.” Seohyun plead to her

“No!” Jessica shook her head, “I must call them, Seohyun-ssi!!” she exclaimed. How could they didn’t let Jessica call her family? Her family needed to know that Jessica was okay, they would be very sad, if she didn’t give them any news. They would think someone kidnap her, or even someone kill her.

“I’m sorry, Jessica-ssi.” Seohyun whispered, “But no single daylighter can call his family at least the family know about us.”

“Why? My family has every right to know that I am okay.”

“It’s for their own safety and yours also!”

“I don’t get it! I won’t tell them that I am a vampire, I just they know that I am okay.”

“And then when they ask you, where are you? What will you say?” Seohyun asked her softly, “You are prohibit to mention about chandalice location to human.” Seohyun explained.

“Then I must let them think I already dead?” Jessica asked Seohyun angryly.

She knew that Seohyun wasn’t wrong but she wanted to know, why Seohyun and this school this cruel to her, she just wanted to know about her family. Her family was the most important thing to her. She just wanted her family felt happy and didn’t worry anymore.

Seohyun averted her gaze, “That’s for the best.” Seohyun said. She was feeling guilty.

But Jessica didn’t care, “It’s not for the best, Seohyun-ssi! It isn’t the best if I let my family think I am dead. I am vampire now, but that doesn’t mean I’m not their family anymore.”Jessica almost shouted.

“they will always become your family.” Seohyun said, “In your heart.”

“No! I want to call my family!” Jessica insisted.

“Hear me please, Jessica-ssi!” Seohyun pleaded to her, and hold Jessica’s hand. “If you call them now, you kept contancting with them, they would be have lot of question..and it make the vampire race in the danger.” Seohyun said softly.

“But...”

“ssh..”Seohyun cut her off, “And you too, if you couldn’t learn to control your hunger, you can kill lot of people outside the academy. The thirst will control you. You need  years to control the hunger.”

“I’m not going out from the academy I just want to call them.” Jessica started to have tear in her eyes.

“I know. But try to think it properly Jessica-ssi, are you really ready to let them know you are still alive? Are you ready when they ask you why you never visit them for years?” Seohyun asked her again softly and let the silent before she continued, “Are you ready to see them grow old and you keep living as the seventeen years old girl?”

All the things suddenly hit Jessica, she never thought about this bofore, she was changed. She hadn’t accept the fact that she was vampire. The vampire, she didn’t realize that something more than she had to blood to keep alive. She would never grow old.

“I..I..”

Seohyun looked at her with pitiful expression.

“I need time.” Jessica said.

Seohyun nodded, “I will leave you, okay? If you need something you can call me, if you really want to call your family, let me know. I..”Seohyun hold her breath, “I’ll try to help you.” She said.

Jessica felt she couldn’t breath, why? Why this must happen to her? She was just a normal high school girl? Why she had to change as vampire and stuck in 17? She wanted to grow up, work normally and give her parents happiness? How could this happen to her?

Jessica felt her palm was wet because of the tears, what should she do?

Suddenly she felt a someone squatted in front her, and gave a handkerchief to her. “Miss, are you okay?”

 



Seohyun felt her shoulder was heavy, she knew what Jessica feel, how to miss one of your family member? Losing family member wasn’t easy and it pained you so much. Jessica would need lot of time.

Seohyun had known about blood since she was young, and she knew something wrong about Jessica’s blood. Jessica blood’s scent was so sharp and attractive, just like drugs. No, it wasn’t only attract the male vampire but all the vampire.

Why?

Someone had to protect her. The nighter perhaps could strain themselves now, but yes that was because the rule, that they only could drink the other vampire blood, if that vampire agree.

But Seohyun was sured, not all the student would obey the rule. Some of them like Kris surely broke the rule. Although Baekhyun had warned him, but Kris was so stubborn, it just the matter of time, before he aftered Jessica’s blood again.

Jessica’s burden already heavy! She already worried about her family, no need she felt scared again. She was new in vampire world. She needed to adapt first, and she was being traumatized after Kris forced her.

Someone had to tell her, about the feeding from other vampire. Perhaps Seohyun would do that later, after she was calm enough about her family. Whatever Jessica’s decision, she would help her.

“Hey baby!” Seohyun felt someone hug her from behind, and kissing the crook of her neck softly. “What are you thinking?” Luhan asked her.

Seohyun shook her head, “Nothing much, just about Jessica-ssi.” She said, and then she frowned, “What are you doing here, oppa? In infirmary.”

Luhan shook his head, “You will have to tell me later okay? I don’t want you stress about something.” Luhan said in firm tone, he didn’t want to change the subject.

“Okay, later.” Seohyun said, and then she turned around to hug Luhan, “Now why are you in infirmary oppa? You have class right?” Seohyun said, “And you must help the junior nighter to control their telekinetic.” Seohyun remained him

Luhan shrugged, “They will be okay. I am bored because you aren’t in class.” He said. “why you must go to library?”
Seohyun chuckled, “Because I have to learn more.” She said.

Luhan pouted, “But I don’t like it. Next time bring me to library.” He said and pecked Seohyun lips.

Seohyun shook her head, “No! If we are together in library, I couldn’t learn properly.” She said in firm tone. She remembered the last time she and Luhan at library. She felt her cheek became crimson red.

“What did I do?” Luhan , and he rubbed Seohyun back in the most seductive way. He slidded his hand in Seohyun coat.

“Oppa stop it! You really have to stop touching me at school.” Seohyun said, and started to struggle to get out from Luhan’s hug.

“But I like it!” Luhan whined. Luhan inhaled deeply, to scent more white roses smell from Seohyun. “Let’s go home. I really miss you!” he said. “Four days without you is hard.”

“Later at night! No skipping class!” Seohyun warned him and released her hug from Luhan. “Now go back to your class, oppa!” She said and pointed the door.

Luhan shook his head, “Kiss me first!”

“No!”

“If you don’t want, I don’t want to go to my class.” Luhan insisted, he started to sit at the bed.

“Oppa..”Seohyun said.

Luhan just folded his arms, “Kiss me first!” he said.

Seohyun sighed, and squinted her eyes, “Just one kiss okay?” she made sure.

Luhan nodded and smiled widely, Seohyun knew Luhan was plotting something, but she wouldn’t let Luhan skipping class again. Seohyun pecked Luhan lips softly, but before she could step back, Luhan caught her waist and spunned her to the infirmary bed.

He deepened his kiss, before letting Seohyun breath. “I change my mind! I want mote than kiss” he said.

Seohyun eyes buldged, “Oppa, you are lying!” she accused him.

Luhan shrugged, “I’m not! I will attend the class, after this!” he reasoned out, and winked, “Don’t worry baby, I have locked the door.” He said playfully.

“You planned it!!”

Luhan ignored her protest and shut with his lips, before he was starting to remove their uniform.