Chapter 18

The Blood's line

Kris sat in the middle of the rose garden while he watched the moonlight. He had distance himself from academy for three days after he helped the new daylighter. That Daylighter had the nice scent ever. Kris craved for her blood, no matter how much blood that he drank from other Nighter couldn’t replace her.

White rose?

Her favourite.

Kris wanted to crush all the white rose in this glass houses but he couldn’t do that. He knew that she would cry over it and she would spend her time in room.

She deserved it!

His mind told him, but he didn’t move.

Kris saw his wrist, no more trace of fangs for more than 12 years. Her fangs. Pathetic. Until now, Kris never let anyone to feed from him again.

Never! He couldn’t let anyone fangs touch his skin. Like she had marked him as hers. But she just dumped him.

Dump? Perhaps not the right term.

Did they ever together?

But especially she ended with Luhan. His enemy.

Kris closed his eyes, when the memories flashed in his mind. the bad memories had buried the good one. About only Kris, Tao and her.

Until that day came. Until all the night mare started, Kris lose everything that day include his heart.

He would sell his soul to prevent that day happened.

Damn!! The counsil and the Royals. The queen!!

“What are you doing here?” Kris was awared of his presence. Kim Minseok. Xiumin. The ice power.

Kris put his smirk, “Oh, hi. Minnie.” He waved to Xiumin who leaned on the tree there. “I’m just looking on the roses. Why? Do you want me to pick one for you?”

Xiumin shook his head, “You have to let go your past, Kris. You couldn’t live in the past for long time.” Minseok said while looking to the moon.

“Aw! Are you going to give me a good advice also?” he mocked him, “First Jongin and then you. I tell you, Minnie, I live in the future right now.”

Minseok just raised his brow, that more effective than another words. “Really? Then what are you doing here?”

Kris shrugged, “Can’t I be here? How poor? Just like you who couldn’t step one step closer to palace.” He mocked Minseok. “It’s so ashamed you are the one who kill our mother.” He said mockingly.

Minseok stiffed, “She wasn’t our mother anymore, Kris.”

Kris smirked, “But atleast her blood flow in our vein.” He let himself floating in air. “And you are running from responsibilty.”

Minseok looked at him coldly, “It’s not me, who running away and blamed all the people.” Minseok words stabbed Kris deeper than he wanted to admit.

But once again Kris was the bastard, Jerk, he would never care about it. He only thought about his self, not others.

“Yeah, yeah. I am not a big hearted man, who could fall in love again after his girlfriend died. With anormal nighter. How poor. You are like Romeo and Juliet.”

“Hyoyeon is my mate.” Minseok said coldly, “You need to meet your mate, Kris. Forget about her.”

Kris gave him aloof smile, “Do you forget that I already had mate? And someone snatch her from me.” Kris let out the light words but in his heart in pain. But he wouldn’t let anyone knew about that, include Minseok.

Minseok sighed, “Kris, Seohyun is Luhan’s mate. We all know that.” Minseok said firmly. “she just think you as the big brother best friend.”

Kris laughed, “Then it so cliche right? Me fall in love with my bestfriend but she choose someone like Luhan.” He mocked himself and Minseok. “She choose to be his bloodwhore, ah perhaps he is better in bed.”

Suddenly an ice pulled him down and another ice slash his skin.

“You should stop your vulgar words and this hatred. Don’t you feel tired Kris. Don’t let the hatred control you” Minseok snapped him.

Kris gave him the sweetest smile, “Do you feel tired to feed?” Kris asked him. “Then I will get going Minnie...you made me bleeding.” He rubbed roughly his blood.

This hatred wouldn’t vanish no matter how long it had been. Because of the Eternals Kris couldn’t see Tao...his other brother.

Jessica wanted to open her window when suddenly someone get in to her room.

“I don’t advice you to open the window.” Tiffany said. She wore the pink pyjamas from head to toe. And the white jacket.

Jessica titled her head, “Why? The air is fresh, though.” She said.

Tiffany looked at her like Jessica had two head. “You want the nighter things that you invite them to your room right?” Tiffany waved her hand, “open the window at night is equal to, ‘hey let’s feed from  me!!”

Jessica nodded, she still remembered the experience when Kris her blood. She never wanted it happen again. Never!! “I don’t know that opening the window is a sign.” Jessica said dumbly as she sat on her bed.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “You are so naive, you know!!” she said. “You have the most tempted blood for nighter, but you let your scent fly over the air.”

Tiffany dropped herself to Jessica bed.

Jessica made note mentally how could she always forget about it. Jessica nodded, “You are right.” She mumbled softly.

Tiffany smiled “Of course I am right, so tell me what are you talking about with Suho?” Tiffany asked her as she hugged Jessica’s pillow.

Jessica shook her head, “Not much. Just a normal converstation.”

“Girls you are talking with the Royal, there’s nothing normal.” Tiffany said dramatically.

“We just speak about book, though.” Jessica said in defensive mode.

Tiffany sighed, “You got chance to talk with the Royal but you talk book?” Tiffany asked her, “Oh girl, you should learn more.”

Jessica pouted she couldn’t let herself tell Tiffany yet about what happen to her. Not because she didn’t believe Tiffany but she though it just too personal, and perhaps that was the way her body adapt to vampire life.

Not something too worry about.

“Tiffany-ah, do you know something between Luhan, Seohyun and Kris?” Jessica couldn’t hold her curiousity anymore, she knew that she just wanted to know about it. She looked how Kris mocked them but a slight pain in his eyes.

Moreover what she saw in her dream, make her more curious.

Tiffany suddenly became so eager, she tossed around and lied on her stomach. “Wow. At least you ask me something interesting. This is the most juicy gossip in school of course.” She said.

Jessica knew that Tiffany is the gossip queen, but Tiffany even ignored about how Jessica knew that.

“No one really know what happen, but as long as I know, Kris, Luhan and Seohyun wasn’t in good term.” She said. “Kris hate Luhan and Seohyun. From my observation, Kris got a crush to Seohyun.”

“Crush?” but Jessica didn’t think that simple. because Seohyun and Kris did have the deep relationship from her dream. Why did Seohyun call him yi-fan oppa at least they had known each other long time?

“People said that before Seohyun was Kris bestfriend thingy like that, then come Luhan. Luhan snatched Seohyun from Kris, because Luhan think he is Seohyun’s mate.” Tiffany explain again.

“Mate?” This was the second times Jessica heard about the mating things.

“Yes, vampires have mate.” Tiffany replied her, “Now there are rumours said, for getting Seohyun, Luhan did the ritual, the blood circle.”

Jessica frowned, “Like voodoo?”

Tiffany facepalmed, “No dummy!! To prove that he is genuine with Seohyun, Luhan choose to be exclusive. Mean, he couldn’t drink another blood from another vampire, just from Seohyun. If he drink from other vampire, he will die.” Tiffany explained. “So If Seohyun die, Luhan will die also.”

Jessica gasped, she felt the power of the words. It means Luhan choose to die, instead drink another people blood. She felt the strike of jealousy again, how could Luhan love Seohyun like that?

“Are all the mating vampires doing that?” Jessica asked Tiffany again.

Tiffany shook her head, “Of course no! it means you depend yourself to one people. You don’t want be that vunarable.”

Jessica hugged her pillow, “Then why Luhan do that?”

Tiffany shrugged, “I don’t know. Guess he really loves her.” Tiffany said bitterly, “A legend said when you find someone who ready to do bloodcircle for you mean you find your soulmate.”

Jessica felt all her hope had been crash. She had no single chance with Luhan, although she knew that from the start but somehow heard how Luhan sacrificed himself for Seohyun really destroy all the hope.

Yeah, who said that first love would be ended so well? No actually it wasn’t love. It just crush. And Jessica couldn’t help to feel jealous toward Seohyun.

Not only because she had Luhan but also there was someone who choose to die, instead to get more food.

Could she meet someone like that?

Jessica slapped herself mentally, now it wasn’t the time to think about that...

She had lot of think to do, call her family, and also trained herself became stronger so she could defense herself and kick that Oh Sehun..

She also had to think about what was the meaning of her dream?

Why she saw that?