Chapter 19.

The Blood's line

“YAH! Wake up!!” Jessica felt someone suddenly pulling her blanket and shook her body. Jessica tried to open her eyes long enough to know who wake her up. And she saw Taeyeon there with her casual clotch.

“What time is it?” Jessica asked Taeyeon in sleepy voices.

“one thirty. Just wore some casual clotch we have to hurry.” Taeyoen said and then walked to Jessica’s closet. She searched for jeans and T-shirt for Jessica.

Jessica really wanted to sleep back again, these school were rather crazy. they forced her woke up at three to attend class, and now they forced her to wake up in One in the morning. She knew that vampire didn’t need sleep but Jessica still needed lot of sleep just like other human.

“What happen?” Jessica managed to ask Taeyeon.

Taeyeon ignored her, “This will do.” she threw a pair of jeans and black T-shirt for Jessica. “Leeteuk gyojang-nim want us to gather on school hall for announcement.” She said.

“Announcement?” Jessica asked Taeyeon.

“I don’t have much time to explain it for you, but just wear the clotch now, or you want to go to there with pyjamas.” Taeyeon said and walked to the door, “I am going to wake Tiffany, get ready okay?”

Jessica still confused why suddenly they wanted to make announcement like that. She didn’t know that this school had that kind of regulation.

She tempted to sleep back in her bed, but she was so sured, Taeyeon wouldn’t appreciate it.

Jessica changed her clocth quickly, she didn’t have time to comb her hair so she just managed to tie them into pony tail. She walked to the corridor and met Taeyeon who succeed to pull Tiffany.

How could Tiffany manage to pull the beautiful clotch like that? She wore the pink floral skirt and white blouse. “Is Leeteuk gyojangnim craziness coming again?” She asked in her sarcastic tone.

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked them in confusion.

Taeyeon shook her head, “Sometime Leeteuk gyojangnim loved to make us shock like this? Last month he was making us in urgent condition like a bunch of werewolves attack the academy.”

Tiffany hissed, “That time  I want to kill him, because I was only wear the pyjamas and all the school could see me.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Fany-ah, no one want to see you!!” she said. And she averted her look to Jessica, “All of us panick and ran to the eternals dorm.”

“Eternals dorm? Isn’t we prohibited to go there?” Jessica asked them. She was still remember that Leeteuk already said they were prohibited to go to eternals dorm.

“Eternals dorm is like our sanctuary.” Taeyeon explained, “If school were under attack from bunch of werewolves we have to run to eternals dorm, before they checked the condition and then we started to fight back.”

Jessica nodded, having people like eternals to protect you, sure would make you feel save. “And then?”

Tiffany shrugged, “Actually it just a normal wolves, that you can ripped with your hand.” Tiffany said, “We ended chase them away.”

“He made us panick for no reason.” Taeyeon concluded. “So, no need to worry now.” She said.

They walked to the school hall. For some school the hall would be in the main building but not in the chandalice, actually the school hall was in another complex and building near the headmaster office.

This was the first time Jessica walked to this part of the school. There was only one brick path to the school hall, there were lot of cherry trees became it hedge along the path to the hall. There were also  garden lamp on the road side within every one metre.

“This is so beautiful.” She said in awe. There were lot of beautiful place in chandalice and this was one of them.

The building itself was so impressive, made from the red brick and with lot of big windows so you could see through to inside the hall. Jessica met a pool outside the hall a koi fish pond.

“This just like a venue for party.” She said again.

Taeyeon chuckled, “Thanks to Sunny, she made this all.” Taeyeon said, “Sunny power is part of telekinetic but only for plant, she could manipulate plant, for the example these cheery trees. We always have a blossom cherry tree even in winter.”

Jessica looked around with amazement, she wanted to have power like that if she could, what a beautiful power rather than destructive it much more beautiful. “Her power is really beautiful.”

“But not really useful.” Tiffany added to cut Jessica’s fantasy. “In battle you can only use plant. And it wasn’t effective.”

“Ignore her.” Taeyeon said to Jessica, “But the ballroom more beautiful than this.” She said.

Jessica couldn’t imagine again what could be more beautiful than this. They wanted to enter the hall when she saw Kris stood there with his hand folded in front his chest, beside him Sooyoung clinged on him.

Kris smirked to Sooyoung and let her do everything she wanted but his eyes kept eyeing Jessica.

Jessica stiffened seeing Kris like that, she was afraid Kris would step closer to her and bite her again. Although she wanted to say thank you to Kris but she was still afraid of Kris.

But Kris only stood there and pulled Sooyoung closer before lowered his head, to capture Sooyoung lips. Jessica changed her gaze.

“Kris is the hot jerk.”Tiffany said, “He is the bad boy type. He and Sooyoung are friend with benefit thing like that. I believe Sooyoung has something to Kris but Kris yeah..” Tiffany started to give explanation even without Jessica asked her.

“Kris has commitment allergy.”Taeyeon added, “I hear that he goes to town every night.”

Jessica had to strain herself not to look again at Kris, Kris had something alluring to her, she had to admit it. Seducing but scary. And Jessica didn’t want to get close with him like that. She was afraid.

“Let sit at the back.” Tiffany said. “It is easier if you want to escape later.” She added.

“I will not let you.” Taeyeon exclaimed, “We will stay until Leeteuk gyojangnim finish.”

“You do it alone.” Tiffany adjusted herself, “I will go out when the speech became a boring.” She looked around, “And here we go your crush.” She said and nudged Jessica to see the door.

Jessica followed her, to look at the door.

“Your old crush also.” Taeyon said to Tiffany.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Yeah ten years ago. It didn’t count anymore.” She then nudged Jessica again, “and his girfriend and the eternals gang.”

Luhan and the rest of eternals entered the room. Jessica couldn’t hold herself not too admire Luhan’s profile with casual clotch like that. He wore the jeans and T-shirt but managed to make the shirt perfect for him.

What still bother Jessica was how his arm place loosely on Seohyun waist. And then Jessica realized that not only her felt bothered but lot of girl.
Her instict ordered her to look for Kris, she didn’t know why, but she wanted to look for Kris. She found Kris already sat in the few row in front of her with Sooyoung. Jessica couldn’t read his expression from behind but she could feel his body became stiff.

The eternals sat on the front row on the left because the hall made the U form. So Jessica could see them well.

Seohyun averted her gaze to their row, perhaps to Jessica ‘s place, but suddenly Luhan cupped her face to look to only him and he shook his head. Jessica could feel that Kris became more stiff, and tensed.

“Okay!” Suddenly Leeteuk gyojangnim appeared on the front. “Kids quite please!!” he said to make all the students in the room grew silence. He clapped happily, “Okay that’s good! I have two news for you all, one is the bad news and one is the good news, which one you want to hear first?”

The student mumbled each other answered for him, some exclaimed good news some said bad news. “Okay okay I couldn’t hear you, so let me ask one people.” He searched in the room, and his eyes landed to Kris. “Kris  which one you want to hear first?”

Kris smirked, “Is there any good news? I will hear the good news first.” He said in mocking tone. “Then let crushing it with bad news.”

Leeteuk inhaled, “well, if that you want, now the good news we will have ball party two month again.” He said cheerfully. “So, prepare yourself, buy the new gown in the town but be careful not to attract lot of attention okay?”

All the students cheered happily some shouted party and some shouted yeah. They were already busy to but some new stuff.

“Okay!! Guys stopped it.” Leetuk suddenly shouted, “Now for the bad news.” He said, “The council will come.” He said.

All the people in the room grew silence, “The council will come.” Leeteuk said again.

Jessica could feel the heavy atmosphere in the air, she could see Luhan suddenly became stiff and he pulled Seohyun into his hug. “Not only one, but all of the council will come. So you guys what this mean, inspection.” He said.

“What is it mean?” Jessica whispered to Taeyeon.

“complete council came mean they up to something.”Taeyeon whispered back, “Or we are in great danger, so they want to prepare us. Everytime council came with all its member mean something bad.”

“Inspection?” Jessica asked again.

“Mean you better prepare yourself.” She said in low voice to prevent another people to hear that.

“Especially you Jessica.” Leetuk gyojangnim said again. That made Jessica shocked because she didn’t expect her name would be called by him.

“You are the first daylighter in this three years. All the nighters in this room know how special your blood is, so the possibility the council come for you.”

Jessica became cold suddenly, she felt her palmed became sweaty. Something went wrong this time. Something happened and Jessica didn’t know what. She felt she must hide herself right now, but she couldn’t run now, her leg became weak.

“You have to prepare yourself and your ability.” Leeteuk said. “We don’t know what happen but make sure that you are grow stronger.”

Jessica felt Leeteuk hid something from her but she couldn’t figure out what it was. she didn’t know what should she do? why Leeteuk announce it here? Why didn’t he speak just to her? Why her blood was so special? Jessica couldn’t get any answer, but one for sure she had to know all the answer.

She didn’t want to play victim anymore. She didn’t want let all this vampire controul  her? But the question how could she do that?

She even didn’t know how to call her family?



Not every vampires could change the human into daylighter, they had the skill vampirism, whereas they could changed the normal human into the vampire, and almost one person vampires who could do that.

The eternals dorm surrounded with grey cloud. They never thought about Jessica master before, and they just thought it just one of irresponsibility nighter that council already deal with him.

But the fact, Council wanted to come to chandalice seemed make them more serious. There were only two choices one the council couldn’t detect that nighter or second they knew whose the master and they up to something.

“Who changed her?” Chanyeol asked Leeteuk gyojangnim who sat on the sofa opposite Yoona and him. Baekhyun stood near the window and leaned on the wall, while Luhan sat on the sofa with Seohyun beside him.

Leeteuk shook his head, “I don’t know that’s the problem, I just get inform from council that someone change her.” He said, “They didn’t tell me who.”

“If that so, we can search for it, not many vampire can do that.” Yoona said. “Only some as long as I know.”

“I know, I check all the probability, Xiah is one of the strongest candidate because he is staying in America.” Leeteuk said.

“Yeah in Alaska.” Yoona added, “He almost never get out from his cave for long time except for food.”

“I know in the council, there some we can suspect also, Yunho-ssi or Hero-ssi or even micky-ssi.” Leeteuk said, “But i know them, they wouldn’t change the people like that, they are responsible.”

Luhan nodded, “But that doesn’t mean they free from it, how about Heechul and Kangin they lived out of council right? In Korea here, but probably they visited America also.”

Leeteuk nodded in agreement, “I know that, but what make Jessica’s blood so special?” Leeteuk asked them in serious manner. It was rare for him to be serious like this. But he would do anything to save his students in chadalice. “She is normal daylighter, what make her so special?”

“I will research it.” Seohyun said. “I will do it soon, before the council came.” She knew once the council came it already too late to do something.

“I agree, and we will search also for the vampire who change her.” Chanyeol said.

Leeteuk nodded, “You guys can divide to search them.” Before he averted to Luhan and Seohyun, “and you two, keep beware, the council still think that you two together isn’t a good thing. The only reason they didn’t take action yet because you don’t have the formal bond.”

Luhan and Seohyun nodded.

“You forget something.” Baekhyun suddenly told them. He shifted his gazed toward the moon out there, “There are some people again who can change people into daylighter.”

“Who?” They asked Baekhyun suddenly.

“The head of the council.” Leeteuk said, “He could change people in to daylighter, he isn’t called father of daylighter for no reason.”

Baekhyun nodded, “Yes, but you still forget two people.” He looked toward them with his cold eyes, “Queen and....”

“Tao.” Yoona said suddenly it became cold after she said the taboo name.

Baekhyun slightly shivered but nodded.

“But they already died.” Leeteuk said, “So the probability is zero.” Leeteuk said.

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked him again.

Yeah, no one sure what happen twelve years ago, and no one know what really happen beside the one in who involved in it. Even Leeteuk didn’t know the detail about it.

These kids perhaps younger but power always came with pain and age, they knew and saw much more that other adult. They survived through it all.