Another Fever

Across the Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han

“Yaaah… yaahh… go easy on me, Lu Han…!” Haebeom hyung yelped when the game we played just ended and he had lost for several times already. “Why did you play so well, Lu Han?” He hissed. “Anyways, don’t you feel hungry? It’s already passed seven by the way.”

I looked up to see the sunset through the wide glass window. I had been in here for a day, playing game in the living area with Haebeom hyung. Luckily I still had some days off during Christmas. “Is she still asleep?” Haebeom hyung asked with eyes looked straight at Seyoung’s bedroom door.

I nodded. “The last time I saw she was still sleeping…,” I whispered. “She is not sick though, hyung.” I uttered. “What actually happens, hyung?”

“Wait ‘til she wakes up, Lu Han…,” Haebeom hyung said in reply, “… since she has slept this noon, she will wake up soon enough. She seldom sleeps this long. Uhm… once she slept as long as this one when her webtoon ideas got rejected back then.” He sighed. “Her mood isn’t good. I guess.”

Thinking about Yoreum… and what happened in her house yesterday… I understood why she would have a bad mood. “Hyung, how about I cook something?” I suggested. I could cook some simple foods for us. “I sometimes cook for myself.” I smiled while waking up from my place and walking to the kitchen. “Is fried rice with fried egg good enough, hyung?”

“More than enough, Lu Han.” He answered. “Thank you.” He got up from the couch before talking again, “I’ll take a bath first. I’ll help you afterwards.”

I was in the middle of chopping the fried eggs when suddenly I heard someone coughing. I turned my head to find Seyoung opened the fridge. I looked at her silently. She took a bottle of mineral water before gulping it down but ended up chocking and coughing real hard. She was busy cleaning her wet t-shirt when she realized that I was here too. She widened her eyes, “Oh, Lu Han…,” She uttered almost inaudible. “Ugh…,” She coughed while putting the bottle on the fridge again and closed it behind her back. She then stood there while looking at me. “What are you doing?” She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Nothing. Just cooking for dinner.” I answered while starting to chop the fried eggs again. “What’s with your hibernation?”

“I am just so tired… I am sorry…,” She spoke. “I forgot that you are…,”

“That I am here.” I cut her off. “Yeah, do you even remember that I am your boyfriend now?” I questioned while placed the chopped fried eggs on plates. “I know that I am possibly the only man you  ever date. But, how can you just sleep like that without giving me any words?”

“Didn’t I say that I was tired and I wanted to sleep? I did say that, Lu Han.” Seyoung muttered. “Ugh…,” and she coughed again. “I thought you will be that man who understands me although I am not saying any single thing…. You’ve been always like that, Lu Han…. Why this one makes you angry?”

“I am not angry, Seyoung.” I blurted out. “But, tell me, what’s ing wrong with you today? You were out of your mind, weren’t you?”

“Why should I explain it to you…?” Seyoung scoffed. I gazed her who was strangely leaning her back on the fridge with hands clenched on its sides. She huffed before talking again. “I just don’t… feel good… why are you… the one who is angry?” Her cheeks somehow got so red. Her breath was harsh.

Instinctly I ran towards her. “Seyoung, are you okay?” I asked while reaching my hand to touch her forehead but she slapped it. “Seyoung??”

“I am okay.” She said. She is lying… she is sick. “I don’t need…,” Before she could finish her sentence, her legs dropped and I hurriedly held her. “Hufff…,” Her breathing was hard. Her body fell on to me. She slowly closed her eyes.

This stupid liar… she is indeed sick…

“Seyoung…?” I shook her body but she had already fallen unconscious. Her body was burning. It was fever… damn… since when she got this fever…. I carried her on my hand in bridal style and hurriedly walked to her room when Haebeom hyung got out from bathroom.

“Wh---what happened?” He asked while quickly opened Seyoung’s room door. “Is she sick?” He asked again.

“She just fainted.” I replied. “Her body was so hot, hyung… she was burning…,” I continued blubbering. “Does she easily get sick?” I kept talking while putting her down on the bed. “She was sick bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter