Instagram

Across the Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Seyoung

Life was always this noisy. We shared the noise with other people, be they were your siblings, closest friends, or merely strangers. My scent, their scents were being all along together. Sometimes it would make me dizzy and all the noise was not really my place to belong. I always felt lost in any place with people surrounded me.

“Eonnie, another glass?” My sister poured the wine more into my glass. I just nodded. “Do you want me to get you some of my boyfriend’s friends?” She asked, smiled in a joking way.

“Reyoung,” I held her wrist, “don’t do that,” I looked at her seriously, “I am here just because you invite me, remember? I am not doing any blind date here…,” I hissed while sipping the wine.

“But, you are all alone here,” She said, almost shouted because of the noise around us had blocked our voices. “Why don’t you get along with the other, eonnie?” She looked at the other side of the VIP karaoke room where all of her and her boyfriend’s best friends having fun together.  There were ten of them; five were Reyoung’s friends and five others were her boyfriend’s. They were playing well by themselves, singing and laughing, while trying to know each other well.

I just shook my head seeing them. “I am better staying here.” I said while pretending to enjoy the wine on my glass. “Go play with your friends.” I pushed Reyoung off. She hesitantly walked to the direction of her friends, left me alone, on my seat. Her boyfriend dragged her into his embrace when Reyoung came to him. My only little sister had a very nice life and even got herself a kind and handsome boyfriend. I always felt so grateful knowing that my little sister lived her best and enjoyed it to the most.

Today was the day my little sister got proposed by her boyfriend, Han I Joon. We usually called him Joon. Joon was such a nice guy and could get along well with me as well. I did not mind if he would steal away my sister. I would set them off happily if the time had come –I promised to myself. So, here, in a VIP karaoke room in Gangnam, I was, attending their party to celebrate their relationship that had stepped to the next stage. Reyoung insisted to bring Joon’s friends that mostly were men. She always wanted me to introduce myself to one of them. She wanted me to actually try having fun with man. I did not know why I should do that since I needed to get home after this party soon for I had already had deadline ahead for my job this midnight.

But, Reyoung forced me to keep drinking here, at least, if I wouldn’t make it out with one of the men. I couldn’t refuse since I did not have any other time to spend it with my little sister because both of us were busy living our life as well. And, today was quite bad day for me, so I decided to come to play with these kids.

I bet because of too much drinking the wine, I felt so much dizzy right now. I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter