Couch

Across the Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han

Her name was Choi Seyoung. I noted to myself after shaking her hand –her hand was so small and tiny, nothing compared to mine.

I knew that she was going to forget what had happened in elevator, but in some reasons, it disappointed me. She was the one who came to me, kissed me, and she was also the one who forgot them all. No, it was not like I enjoyed her kissed me, but… but… uhm… that was just so unfair. How could I be the only one who knew the existence of our first skin ships? I couldn’t blurt out tell her that: ‘Hey, you kiss me, freaking kiss me! You stole my kiss, several times already! You freaking gave me that beautiful smile too! And you don’t even remember them! I should sue you and send you to jail!’

Gosh. She even asked me, if she was actually dreaming. If actually meeting me was a dream. It was enough to say that she couldn’t remember a single thing we had done in the elevator, how heated our kisses were. She forgot that. , fever and alcohol! I cursed. But, then I still kept her on the bed and even took my ‘The Little Prince’ book and dragged my wooden chair just to sit beside her. And, I couldn’t hold my laughter when seeing her contemplating her mind whether calling me with oppa or not. This girl was sure a weird and clumsy one. But, I liked her uniqueness.

In the end, I couldn’t bring myself to say that she was actually doing stupid things. And, I ended up asking her to drop the formalities between us. Moreover, stupidly I said such nonsense like wanting her to be my secret shelter. Lu Han, can you be more cautious? Does she need to know how hard your life is? She is actually facing hardships too, though you don’t know…. But, it was just too late… she just said, “Fine, if that what you want,” she paused for a while, “Lu Han….”

Upon hearing she called my name made my heart pounding real hard. Why the hell, though… I questioned myself.

And both of us fell to silence.

“Hmm…,” she pointed my ‘The Little Prince’ book with her chin, “what are you reading by the way?” She asked.

“The Little Prince,” I replied, while showing the book toward her.

“Oh, that the one… ‘all grown-ups were once children… but only few of them remember it’…,” She said while looking at me. “Isn’t that the famous quote from The Little Prince?”

I furrowed my brows as realizing this girl knew about this story. “Did you read?” I asked.

She nodded. “I just knew.” She chuckled. “That one, during Christmas episode of EXO Showtime back then, a gift from Chanyeol to Xiumin, right?” She asked while pointing her index finger to my The Little Prince book. 

I nodded. “Yes. I got one for myself too.” I chuckled. “I’ve wanted to read this one. But, just get time now.” I explained.

“I never read that though,” muttered her, “could you read that for me?”

I gazed her. For God’s sake why should I read book for her? I stayed silent while eyeing her. She looked back at me, so relax.

“Why?” She suddenly asked. “You want me to be your secret shelter, right? Isn’t that kind of I am your escapee of the outside world? Just for today –just for this night?” She was babbling with a very light tone. “You just want to spend your run-away by reading book on your own, and let your fugitive partner kept fevering?”

I furrowed my brows more and scrunched my lips.

“If that what you want, so what is my function as secret shelter though?” She kept on chattering. “I… know that… you know, Lu Han, it must be hard to be an artist who must work hard every time. I know what you feel, I know what you mean as well by saying that…,” She added, “or, let me read the book for you, as my way to say thanks.” Before I could back off, she already reached the book and held it on her hands.

I palmed my own face while falling to laughter. She looked up, and grinned showing her white teeth. “Just tell me that you want to read the book for me, Seyoung.” I said. It did feel weird calling her name –a stranger’s name. Although it was not the first time I called her by her name. “Why did you keep babbling like that just to say ‘well, I’ll read the book for you’…,” I laughed as mimicking her words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter