Heels

Across the Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Seyoung

I leaned on the door after closing it. Swallowing my spit, I closed my eyes as the back of my head hit the wooden door. In an instant Lu Han’s face came to my vision. The way he held me… the way he whispered on my ear… the way he kissed me… I still could feel them all. Slowly I caressed my neck with the tips of my fingers. The way he nuzzled on the crook of my neck… I remembered them all. I was totally sober when doing that. But, why I still did that? Why?

“Eonnie!” Suddenly the door was being knocked from outside and I could hear Reyoung’s voice through the boundary. I opened my eyes while abruptly running to the bathroom, to find something to wear.

“Wait, Reyoung!” I yelped, hoping loud enough to be heard by her. I plunged a shirt on my top and wore a short before washing my face. I hoped there was no any strange scent lingered on my body.

Reyoung knocked the door harder. I sighed before opening the door for her to come in. She looked at me from head to toes. “Why?” I furrowed my brows. “Why do you look at me as if I am doing something wrong?” I asked.

She crossed her hands in front of her chest before muttering, “Where were you last night?” She asked while eyeing my room. “I couldn’t find you after the party. Were you asleep already?”

I widened my eyes. “Oh, hu uhm.” I nodded. “I was back here earlier. Then I fell asleep. Sorry?” I uttered.

“Oh, really?” Reyoung still looked unsatisfied with my answer. “So, did you meet Lu Han sshi as well, eonnie?” She smirked. “I heard he was nowhere to be found as well last night.”

“Yah. Who knows what he did…,” I hissed, “… was that supposed to have anything to do with me?” I ignored Reyoung who still tried to get me. “I need to go back to Seoul this noon.” I said. “I’ve got another deadline today.” I explained as Reyoung was about to open .

“Yaaah…,” She whined. “But, today is supposed to be the real vacation for the families, eonnie.” She pouted. “Why do you work so hard by the way? Just take a rest for a day.” She uttered while following me packing my stuffs.

“I can’t, Reyoung.” I answered. “I need to do something for my bills.” I laughed.

“Just give up, eonnie.” Reyoung sat cross-legged in front of me. “Just come back home.”

I looked up to give her a faint smile. “Why do I? That won’t change anything.” I muttered while standing up. “Oh, don’t you think the families are waiting for you, Reyoung? I have informed mom that today I won’t join the vacation. So,” I pulled Reyoung’s hands so that she stood up on her feet, “why don’t you go get ready, miss bride?”

“Eonnie…,” She started to wail again as I pushed her towards the door.

“See you at Seoul, kid, yeah, maybe.” I said as I closed the door and chuckled when hearing Reyoung’s cute fake cry.

And, now, the room was quite again. I gazed my toes as realizing… where are my burgundy heels? Where are they?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter