SM Building

Across the Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Seyoung

The café in front of the office building of mine had the best Americano. I always spared time to buy it during my way to the office. This morning too, while holding a cup of Americano I made my way to the building across the road when Park Babo came toward me in a rush.

“Seyoung-ah.” He called.

“Hi, Babo!” I gestured him with my free hand. “Why? Why are you in a rush?” I asked. He followed me to catch up the elevator. We stood in front of the elevator, waiting. Park Babo who was a 178 cm guy and his hair was as dark as his eyes gazed the floor. He was the most handsome webtoon author in my office and we were close friends, thus no wonder right now girls around us glared at me as if they didn’t want me standing so close beside him. “Park Babo, answer me.” I hissed when realized that he hadn’t answered my question.

“Well… you know that my webtoon is going to be filmed soon.” He said. His face looked like kind of nervous. I nodded as I already knew that his webtoon was so popular nowadays and a Production House had already bought it to get filmed.

“Then, the problem is?” I arched one of my brows while sipping my Americano.

“The problem is I need to meet the male lead first since he must resemble my hero perfectly.” He uttered. “I can’t make my hero look terrible on screen.” continued him.

“Well, that’s quite right.” I nodded while pouting my lips. “Then?” I gazed him.

“The problem is I can’t go this noon since I need to meet with my family…,” He rubbed the back of his neck, while his lips, “Ehm… you know, Seyoung, my mother set me up a lunch with that…,” He turned his head left and right, before whispering on to my ears, “… girl.”

“Huh?” I looked at him, almost fell to laughter. My best friend was forced to meet his future fiancée. “You finally accept that, really, Park Babo?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Guess I can’t do anything. Since I choose to live my dream, now I need to obey my mom’s wish.” We got in to the elevator when it opened. “Well, she is beautiful after all.” He smiled.

“Really? When did you finally have a chance to see her?” I asked.

“That’s not important now,” he hissed. “I need to ask someone who can go to substitute me this noon. This is important; at least, that person can tell me how he is in person.” He suddenly arched one of his brows and smirked happily. I sensed something not good here.

“Why? What?” I glared at him.

“Would you like to go, Seyoung?” He intertwined his fingers while blinking his eyes.

“Just make another appointment, Babo.” I replied. “I don’t think I can make a good judgment for you.” I continued, getting out from the elevator once the door opened. Babo trailed behind me.

 “I can’t…,” He shouted, “actually that damn artist who can’t meet me, except this day. He is so damn busy.” He uttered. “So, this is my only chance to meet with him, but I can’t go, so what am I supposed to do?” He took a big step and stopped me from walking and pouted his ugly lips in front of me like a five years old kid begging something.

“Then, don’t go. You will know once you meet with the production crew.” I answered, shoved him away before opening the door to enter our office.

“Yah, Choi Seyoung! How could you not know how does it feel having your webtoon being filmed? That’s your dream too, isn’t it? If I cancel the appointment, can’t you imagine how disappointed that busy artist can be? Then, I will have no good relationship with him…,” He sighed, “and I need to work with him until the movie ends being filmed.”

“You said, you were about to meet him, because you want him to resemble your hero best. But, with your utterance just now, I can conclude that you actually have known the cast, and you have agreed.” I sipped my Americano while sitting on my desk. “Say the truth, Park Babo.” I said.

“A-ha-ha-ha…,” He laughed awkwardly. “I get caught. My acting is sure lacking.” He continued. “If I say the truth, will you come to substitute me?” He said.

I eyed him. Too much talk, this guy. I just simply nodded. Park Babo smiled widely before finally telling me that the production crews had shown him the photo of the cast through e-mail since both sides were busy as well. He was an idol and this morning that idol’s company phoned him to meet with him personally. As for us, authors, meeting personally with the going-to-be-movie’s leads, was important. So that we could know them better, understand what they wanted to live up the characters, to fit in wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter