Chapter 17 || Uneasy

Don't You Ever Blame Me

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

                I felt nervous and to be honest, I really hesitated. Maybe Yul noticed me that’s why he held my hand and smiled, looking at me. He made me feel better. Not just right now, but every time… I just wish that you were the man that I promised to be with forever in front of many people. But love is just too powerful as I fell in love with this Taeyeon, not to you. I would do this as I think this is right, but not because I’m no longer in-love with him…

 

                A tear suddenly fell from my eye which caused Yul to speak, “Jessica, are you alright?”

 

                “Ah, yes, yes, something just flew right to my eye,” I pretended.

 

                “I know you,” and he hugged me. “Don’t worry, everything would be alright.”

 

                I got off the hug and smiled, “Thank you.”

 

                “…” He just smiled back and looked away after. He kept on pressing my hand for me to overcome my nervousness.

 

                *silence*

 

                Unexpectedly, someone appeared and broke the ice, “Good evening! What can I do for you?”

 

                Yul and I turned our heads left to see who was it and found out that it was a lady, probably a person that works in here.

 

                Yul and I looked at each other as I heaved a sigh. I turned my head to see the said lady again and talked straight to the point, “Who can help me to get divorce papers for me and my husband?”

 

                “Oh, just in this way. Please look for Lee Hee Nam-ssi’s room as she is there. You can do the procedure there as well,” she pointed the way beside her.

 

                I nodded as I was about to walk, Yul suddenly held my hand. “Can you just assist us instead?”

 

                “Of course, sir and madam,” she proceeded walking to guide us.

 

                Yul nodded and looked at me, “Everything would be alright,” and he smiled.

 

                As we were already in front of the said room, the lady who guided us knocked and muttered, “Good evening, ma’am Hee Nam, here are two people who need your help,” she bowed and walked away.

 

                “Thank you,” Yul and I both thanked the person who helped us.

 

                “…” She wasn’t able to speak anymore as she had passed us already.

 

                “Good evening and come in,” Ms. Lee Hee Nam spoke, “Take a sit.”

 

                “Thank you,” we smiled and sat in separate chairs.

 

                “So, what brought you in here? I’ve heard that it’s for you and your husband’s divorce papers, if I’m not mistaken?”

 

--- CUT ---

               

Author’s P.O.V.

 

                Jessica looked at Yul and smiled, “Yes,” and she looked back to Ms. Hee Nam.

 

                “Hmm… have you really decided?” Hee Nam-ssi questioned Jessica.

 

                Jessica hesitated first but less than five seconds later, she finally spoke as she heaved a sigh, “Yes.”

 

              “I see. But what about your husband?” She muttered as she pointed at Yul and asked him, “Is it all right with you?”

               

                “Ah, no, no, he isn’t my husband,” Jessica spoke.

 

                “I just wish that I am… I am her husband though,” Yul whispered.

 

                “Oh, I see. I’m sorry. So, who is he?” She asked once again.

 

                “Just a best friend of mine,” Jessica muttered.

 

                “Yeah, a best friend of hers,” Yul spoke, being hurt and whispered, “Yeah, JUST a best friend.”

 

                “Okay, now, let’s proceed. What’s your name?”

 

                “Jessica, Jessica Kim Soo Yeon. But I was Jessica Jung Soo Yeon before, when I was still single,” Jessica spoke.

 

                “Okay. Now…”

 

[30 minutes later]

 

                Many questions had passed and Jessica just kept answering those. Later on, Ms. Lee Hee Nam spoke once again, “I just need your husband’s signature in this paper and his thumb mark.”

 

                “Arasseo and thanks a lot,” Jessica muttered.

 

                “Yeah, thank you,” Yul spoke.

 

                “Okay, you may go now. Welcome and thank you as well,” Ms. Lee Hee Nam smiled.

 

                “Okay, we’re going. Thank you once again,” Jessica kept on thanking the said woman as she stood up.

 

                “Yea, thanks,” Yul stood up as well.

 

                Jessica and Yul walked away together. Jessica was handling a brown envelope where the divorce papers were.

 

                “Now, Jessica, take a sit first. I’ll just get the car though,” Yul guided Jessica to the nearest couch.

               

                “Fine,” Jessica smiled, “Be back immediately.”

 

                “Of course,” Yul smiled back and proceeded.

 

[Less than 5 minutes later]

 

                Beep-beep

 

                Yul quickly went off the car and guided Jessica as he went inside. “Let’s go, my car is ready.”

 

                “Okay,” and Jessica stood up.

 

                As they were already in front of the main door, Yul opened it for Jessica and proceeded to the car. Yul opened the passenger’s seat’s side door.

 

                “Thanks,” Jessica muttered as she got inside.

 

                “…” Yul didn’t say any word as he was tired already, just walked to the other side of the car and went inside.

 

                “Jessica, see? Doing this is just too easy,” Yul said as he put his seatbelt on.

 

                Jessica put her seatbelt on as well and spoke, “Maybe only the procedure of the divorce papers is the easy one, but not letting my husband, Kim Taeyeon, go.”

 

To be continued…