Chapter 13 || Am I Doing This Right?

Don't You Ever Blame Me

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

                I am really tired of these things. Indeed tired… What can I do to stop these ugly, freaking and stressing things out of my life? What can I do to my husband? To our marriage? To my ex-best friend?

 

                I then thought of a better thing and muttered, “What about… divorce?” I heaved a sigh and added, “Divorce… divorce…”

 

                I thought of the people that can help me... I then realized a thing… I took a glance at the clock first to sure that I will not disturb him or what, and found out that it was already 07:34 in the evening. I didn’t hesitate, just called him instead.

 

                *krriing-kriing*

 

                “Yoboseyo?” Finally, he answered my call.

 

                “Yoboseyo, Kwon Yul-oppa?”

 

                “Oh, Jessica. I’m sorry; I didn’t answer it quickly because I didn’t know it was you at first,”

 

                “Nah, it’s alright,”

 

                “So, what pushed you to call me?”

 

                “Umm…”

 

                “Hmm…?”

 

                “Can you help me for a thing…”

 

                “Of course, for you, but… about?”

 

                “Di… divor… divorce,”

 

--- CUT ---

 

Tiffany’s P.O.V.

 

                Since Taeyeon asked me for a date, I quickly went inside my room and dressed up. Until I was done, “Taetae?” I called him.

 

                “Ne?” He asked as he turned his head and looked at me while sitting at the couch in the living room.

 

                His handsome face made me smile saying, “Can you zipper my back for me?” I tried to seduce him.

 

                “Oh, well, sure, baby,” he smirked and proceeded inside.

               

                “Oh, thanks,” I winked. “Umm, Taetae---” I was about to continue on seducing him, but he unexpectedly talked.

 

                Ugh.

 

                As taking a glance at his wrist watch, he spoke, “Ppani-ah, it’s getting late. We still need to have a date. This country’s best restaurant will close at near 10pm. You know that I want all best for you, right?” He smiled sincerely.

 

                “Umm, okay, fine. That was really what I supposed to say,” I pretended.

 

                “I know you,” he smirked as he winked. He then kissed me and said, “Okay, I’m going outside.” And he finally proceeded to the living room.

 

                “Oh my gosh,” I smirked. “Well, whatever. We can do it anytime,” I then suddenly remembered Jessica. “Poor you, my EX-best friend.” And I got back dressing myself up perfectly.

 

--- CUT ---

 

Kwon Yul’s P.O.V.

 

>> Back when he received a call from Jessica <<

 

                I was busy finishing my work, but my phone then suddenly rang. I hesitated if I will answer it because of my busy schedule, but then I looked for who was calling and found out that it was Jessica. “Oh,” I’ve been shocked. “No matter how busy I am. For you, Jessica, you deserve everything, even me.”

 

                I quickly clicked the ‘answer’ button and spoke, “Yoboseyo?”

 

                “Yoboseyo, Kwon Yul-oppa?”

 

                “Oh, Jessica. I’m sorry; I didn’t answer it quickly because I didn’t know it was you at first,”

 

                “Nah, it’s alright,”

 

                “So, what pushed you to call me?”

 

                “Umm…”

 

                “Hmm…?”

 

                “Can you help me for a thing…?”

 

                “Of course, for you, but… about?”

 

                “Di… divor… divorce,”

 

                I was really shocked by what I heard and said, “Mwoh?!”

 

                “Yeah,”

 

                “But… to who?!”

 

                I hoped it was for Taeyeon and her.

 

                “T-Tae-Taeng,”

 

                “YES!” I wasn’t able to control my feels.

 

                “Mwoh?!”

 

                “I-I mean, I said yes, because I just received a text to my other phone saying that I had a good job and my boss actually liked it though,” I pretended.

 

                “Oh… congrats!”

 

                “But, okay, back to the topic. Thanks by the way,” I tried to calm down.

 

                “Welcome… and yeah. Do I really need to?” I can feel the sincerity through her voice.

 

                “…” I wasn’t able to say anything as I realized a thing.

 

                “Yul?”

 

                “…”

 

                “Yul?”

 

                “…” I just decided to hang up.

 

                Since the call has ended, I continued to hesitate. “What should I do now? To help Jessica end her marriage with Taeng? Which is also my happiness? Or… am I doing this badly? To ruin a family? A family of my best friend and my secret love?

 

To be continued…