Chapter 16 || Unbreakable Love

Don't You Ever Blame Me

Kwon Yul’s P.O.V.

 

                “How can a wife be not sad if she’s in her way to get her divorce papers for her and her husband which would definitely end the special connection of hers to the man of her life?” I was in shock by what I heard that like slapped me so hard to my face.

 

                I then found out that I think I’m doing the worst thing in the whole wide world… I didn’t mind anymore and held her hand, “Jessica, don’t worry, I promise you, after this divorce, things would be better, a way better,” I smiled.

 

                She looked at me and muttered, “I just hope it would be better as you said,” she faked a smile.

 

                I nodded and spoke, “Of course,” I smiled back and whispered, “You’ll be mine soon, and that’s better.”

 

                She smiled once again and looked away saying, “Is the said place still far from here?”

 

                I took a glance at my clock and muttered, “Nope. Just around 5 minutes and we are there.” I looked away as well and continued to focus on driving.

 

                “…” She didn’t say any word, just nodded without any smiles plastered on her beautiful face.

 

[Five minutes later]

               

                “Okay, we’re here,” I put my seatbelt off and turned my head right to see Jessica.

 

                “…” I found out that she was asleep.

 

                “Five minutes only and you fell asleep? Nah, really the sleeping beauty of Korea,” I joked and whispered near her ear, “Jessica, we are already here.”

 

                She quickly turned her head as she opens her eyes slowly which caused our lips to bump each other. She then moved away and spoke, “Mianhe,” as she was like embarrassed.

 

                I gulped and muttered, “Oh, it’s alright. You didn’t plan it anyway,” I smiled.

 

                “Yeah, sorry again,” she smiled.

               

                “It’s alright,” I smiled back. “Now, put your seatbelt off and let’s go.”

 

                She turned her head to the window beside her and looked for the place where we were and spoke, “Ah, I see,” and she quickly put her seatbelt off. She took her phone out from her pocket and said, “Wait a minute.”

 

                “Arasseo,” I sat back and got my phone as well.

 

                “No new messages, Taeyeon. I think this is really the end. Goodbye, my husband, goodbye,” she whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

 

                “Ne…” I whispered back.

 

                “Okay, I’m done,” she spoke as she was about to open the door.

 

               “Ah, no, no, I’ll be the one to. Just wait,” I immediately went out of the car and assisted the beautiful lady I’m with.

 

                “Thanks,” she said as she got off the car.

 

                “Welcome,” I smiled. “Okay, let’s go inside.”

 

--- CUT ---

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

 

                “Okay,” I responded.

 

                As we were already inside, I guess this is really the end. Just maybe later, we could be officially single once again. Such a free life.

 

                I felt nervous and to be honest, I really hesitated. Maybe Yul noticed me that’s why he held my hand and smiled, looking at me. He made me feel better. Not just right now, but every time… I just wish that you were the man that I promised to be with forever in front of many people. But love is just too powerful as I fell in love with this Taeyeon, not to you. I would do this as I think this is right, but not because I’m no longer in-love with him…

               

To be continued…