Dear Diary II

Full Circle

 

 

Dear Diary

I started a new school today. It's like... a school for the lack of a better word. A building with four walls where you are supposed to be educated.

It's taking a while to get adjusted but I'm getting used to the routine. No new friends yet. But there is a basketball court near the park. I've seen a few guys play. I'll check it out sometime. 

 

 

 

Dear Diary

I've been exploring the school on my own. It's a small place despite many floors. The library is nice. There are two floors and there is a small reading room tucked away between two floors.

It's cozy and appears to be at peace with itself. The window offers a bird's eye view of the busy street in front of the school. The books here are all old and worn out. But unlike the rest of the library, they are arranged neatly and in order. 

I suppose someone spends a significant amount of time there. Would they mind occasionally sharing it with me? I also hope they don't mind me borrowing this interesting book I found. I'll return it as soon as I can. Which might turn out to be in a few days because I haven't been able to put it down.

 

 

 

Dear Diary

I saw a girl today. She was looking at the book I was reading. I wonder if she has read this book before. 

I think I have seen her before. I don't know where but then again she goes to my school so probably in class.

She also really really likes carrots I guess.

 

 

 

Dear Diary

I saw her in the reading room today. My assumption that she might like reading was correct. I saw her pick out a few books and put them in place. She must be one if the people who come to the reading room regularly. 

I didn't know how to say hi. What was I supposed to say? She was struggling while trying to reach a book on the higher shelf. The ladder usually attached to the shelves was missing. So I helped her by taking the book out for her. I took my book and left unsure of how  to hold a conversation if we ever began one.

She looked so tiny. I suppose petite would be the right word. And that is saying something since she seems to be taller than most of the girls in my class.

 

 

 

Dear Diary

The girl from the library takes the same train home as me. Perhaps that's why she looked familiar before.

We sat next to each other today. But we didn't talk. The awkwardness from our library encounter had carried over. I tapped my feet and listened to music while she kept looking at the book in her lap intently. It was amusing since the book was closed and the bookmark was at the end, indicating she had either finished it once or not started it yet.

She only looked up when it was time for my stop. Oddly enough she looked disappointed to see me go. Or maybe it was my imagination. 

 

 

 

Dear Diary

We acknowledge each other in the hallways and classrooms now. Sometimes she waves at me with a smile but all I manage is a polite nod in response.

She has a really nice smile. It's always there and not annoying but refreshing for a change. Sometimes she taps her feet to a song in the middle of a boring class. It's endearing to watch.

She looks really cute sometimes.  

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

We read together in the reading room today. I offered to walk her to the train station too. Sadly I had to take a train to Ma's office and not straight home. 

She smiled that nice smile of hers and said thank you too. I realised I haven't done anything for anyone in a long time. I told her my name but she forgot to tell me hers. Maybe next time. 

 

 

 

 

Dear Diary

Her name is Qiuyue and we walk home together all the time now. We end up taking the same train in the morning too so we end up walking to school together. And in the evenings, I walk her back too.

Qiuyue laughs at the weirdest of things. And at really lame jokes. She tries very hard not to when she realises it is a bad joke but laughs anyways. Ma says it's a sign of an innocent heart.

I never realised when I stated talking so much about her to Ma.

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

Qiuyue is like a lost child. Today I had to literally hold her hand so she wouldn't get lost in the crowded station. 

Her hands are soft  and tiny. Tiny like she is. Holding her hand felt really nice. Like holding a baby's. I think I didn't let go till we reached school. 

I'd like to do it again. 

 

 

 

Dear Diary, 

Qiuyue is very sensitive to cold. Summer is giving way to monsoon and the weather has been chillier than normal. Qiuyue kept shivering all morning so I gave her my blazer.

It's a little loose on me and so it is very loose on her. The sleeves are abnormally long and Qiuyue kept trying to push them up but failing. Eventually I had to step in and fold them for her, earning her royal pout.

Her eyes are brown. I don't remember when I had pulled her closer to myself but I apparently did. Her eyes are brown. Dark brown. But they seem warmer than chocolate brown eyes are said to be.

Her lips are brown. Her lips are red originally and her lipstick is brown. It's funny how all books say that a pretty girl's lips are pink but hers are coloured a shade of brown that really suits her. Her lips are thin as opposed to full. 

She's not how they describe pretty girls to be. 

 

 

 

Dear Diary, 

I don't know how to describe why I did it. It was not the heat of the moment but perhaps the most impulsive thing I have ever done. I suppose everything built up to that moment but the moment in itself was not different from what I experience with her everyday. 

It happened on the train. As I prepared to part ways, I couldn't help but take a look at her and she was gazing at my lips. Should anyone ask, I guess I can always shift the blame on her.

I've never been more disappointed to leave in my life. I also think that Qiuyue might murder me tomorrow for surprising her with a kiss. Maybe chocolates will help.

 

 

Dear Diary,

The rains have officially begun. Qiuyue assumed that I had forgotten my umbrella and I didn't correct her when she offered to share hers with mine. The experiment however left us half drenched because I was taller than her significantly and holding the umbrella higher does not help.

She's tiny. She is so small but she fits against me perfectly. I would not hesitate from admitting that I have been thinking of what holding her would feel like. It does not help that she likes giving hugs. I take little ones whenever I can.

 

 

 

Dear Diary, 

I have resorted to stealing kisses along with hugs now. Qiuyue blushes whenever I kiss her though she is consciously making an effort to get better. 

Making her blush has become  a guilty pleasure. It's almost a game, stealing kisses in the library or holding hands while walking to the train station. Slight teasing causes her to fluster easily and that is amusing to watch. 

The tinge of pink on her cheeks only adds to her beauty.

 

 

 

Dear Diary, 

It's hard to think of a day without Qiuyue. She took leave because she has a terrible cold and I found myself walking to school without her by my side. The day seemed extra gloomy today. 

She said she missed me too. I am inclined to believe her but I know it can't be more than I missed her. I am beginning to realise how much I really like her and if given the choice, I'd like her to stay with me for much longer.

She is perfect.  I could describe her more but even with her flaws and imperfections she is perfect to me.

 

(PS - She also calls me Hamtaro. Though I have no idea who or what that is.)

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

Dedicated to shawolistic because she gave me feels.