Qiuyue Knows

Full Circle

 

 

Qiuyue knows Yifan simply because she always knows

 

 

1.

Qiuyue felt an arm snake around her waist and someone attempt to hug her while she was sleeping. "Are you hungry?" Qiuyue asked without opening her eyes. "Yeah..." Yifan trailed off. "I left sandwiches for you in the microwave" she told him, adusting so he could hug her better. "How did you knw?" Yifan asked her groggily. "You didn't enough because you were tired and stressed about work and you can never fall asleep when you are hungry. Do you want me to get them?" Qiuyue asked, her eyes fully open now. Yifan looked at her guiltily. She just smiled and left to the kitchen.

She returned with a plate of warm mini sandwiches and the smell of freshly grilled bread aggravated Yifan's hunger. "Do you want some?" he asked her. She shook her head and lay down next to him again. "So, you wanna talk about it?" she ventured, closing her eyes. "Not really" Yifan said with a sigh. "Okay" she said simply. Yifan finished eating silently and turned to look at Qiuyue. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing deeply. She must have been tired. He kept the plate in the sink in the kitchen and washed up a bit before getting into bed next to her.

When she felt the bed dip, Qiuyue's hand automatically reached for Yifan. She let him hug her, while she his hair. "We started a new project and its getting hectic. The deadline is way too short and we are all pressured" he told her. "There there. Don't lose sleep over it now. You can't do anything once you leave the office doors" she reminded him. "Yeah..." he sighed. She kissed his forehead. "Try to get some rest?" she suggested. He nodded and buried his head in her neck. her breathing hitched and he remembered that she was sensitive there. to her credit, she didn't push him away. Instead she started humming a nameless tune as a lullaby. He kissed her softly on the neck area near his lips and fell asleep holding her.

"You take too much tension Yifan" she spoke out loud to no one. Her husband really was a benben. 

 

 

2.

"Qiuyue!" Yifan exclaimed indignantly as soon as she picked up the phone. "I love you too honey" Qiuyue replied in a mockingly sweet tone. "This isn't the time for that! Ahra is dating Kyungsoo!" he protested. "Really now?" Qiuyue asked, her voice surprisingly neutral. "Yes! He's my friend. My Friend!" he pointed out, unable to say anything more. "I know. He's been over for dinner a couple of times. Is Ahra there?" she asked. "She's right here. So is he. I'm putting you on loudspeaker" he told her. "Okay" she agreed.

"Hi jiejie" Ahra's voice floated through. "Hi Ahra" Qiuyue greeted brightly. "Is Yifan glaring at Kyungsoo mentally?" "No physically. Kyungsoo is right next to me on the couch" ahra told her. "Oh! Hi Kyungsoo!" Qiuyue greeted him as well. "Hi noona" Kyungsoo greeted smoothly. He had expected Ahra's brother to be angry and kind of knew it was coming. While it was unnerving to watch an angry Yifan pace against the living room, he knew he couldn't back down.

"Congratulations on finally dating! Took you both long enough" Qiuyue laughed. All three in the room exclaimed at once. "Jie!" Ahra blushed. "It's not like that noona" Kyungsoo tried to clarify. "That's not what I want you telling them!" Yifan protested. Qiuyue waited for the three of them to settle down before speaking more. "I'm getting there Yifan. Now Kyungsoo, I maybe extremely happy you both are dating but you know that if you hurt Ahra, Yifan wont be the scary half of the couple that you'll have to deal with right?" Qiuyue asked. "That's crystal clear to me noona" Kyungsoo said formally. Yifan scowled. "Now off with you lot. i want to talk to my husband" she insisted. "We're going out for dinner" Ahra told Qiuyue. "Don't stay out too late!" Qiuyue said with a tone of finality. Ahra took the cue and left with Kyungsoo who promised to get Ahra home in time.

"I don't want to talk to you"  Yifan sulked. "Are you angry with me?" Qiuyue asked. "You think?" Yifan asked angrily. "You're mad at Ahra and Kyungsoo for liking each other?" Qiuyue asked. "Yes! He's my friend!" Yifan cried out. "And she is your sister. Aren't you glad its someone you know?" she asked him. "Maybe. I know she could do wirse but..." "But you are afraid that even though you know Kyungsoo is a good guy, he could end up hurting her" "Yeah. Ahra is young. She doesn't know anything about boys! She's only ever been around Kyungsoo!" "And she doesn't need to know about anyone else. Those two are going to end up married and living happily ever after. I can bet money on that"

"I don't want to bet money on my sister" Yifan grumbled. "I know. You want to bubble wrap her and keep her safe. But she's going to leave the nest soon and she'll want to see the world Yifan. You can't always protect her" Qiuyue explained. "I can try" he said. Qiuyue credited his tenacity. "Okay then. Go ahead. But you'll see soon that Kyungsoo is good enough for that job too." 

"I miss you" she said breaking the silence. "How long before you come back?" Yifan asked. "Three more days of the conference" Qiuyue told him. "Stupid conferences" he grumbled. "Yeah. This one didn't need to be a week long" Qiuyue agreed. "Come home soon" he told her. "I'll be there before you know it. You can hug Ace to sleep till then" Qiuyue grinned. "I dont need to hug soft toys to sleep" Yifan said indignantly. "Too bad then cause I remember you calling me a teddy bear once. You wont get to hug me to sleep hereafter" she teased. "We'll see about that when you get back" Yifan promised. "Okay" "okay"

 

 

-x-

 

A/n - I basically got stuck after this point so no promises of a continuation.