Like A Fool

Full Circle

I am back for a day and it is time to break people with their otps O:)


 

We take a chance from time to time

Hweji looked up from her library books in time to see Taekwoon enter. He must have just woken up and carelessly put on a sweater on the pair of jeans he had worn yesterday. She rolled her eyes as he pushed the frame of his glasses to keep them from falling off. She put her book up and hid her face. She was not sitting at their usual table because it was occupied by a couple flirting and she didn't want to intrude and make things awkward. Chances were that Taekwoon would waltz right in and not even realize.

She giggled to herself as the prediction came true. The couple sat up straight and 500 feet away from each other. The girl decided to concentrate on her (upside down) book, embarrassed by the bold disturbance while the guy just stared at Taekwoon incredulously. Hweji let it go on for a while before jumping in and pulling him away to their current table. Taekwoon's eyes widened in surprise when he realized what he had done and then he blinked, embarrassed by Hweji's grinning.

He grumbled about three o clock being too drowsy a time for the world to make any sense before burying his head in her shoulder. She gave him a kiss on his forehead before stopping to realize what she had done. A lump formed in as he snuggled closer into her, clearly unaware of what had occurred. She pushed him away from her and concentrated on reading her book instead.

Some lines should never be toed.

 

And put our necks out on the line

The party was getting too wild for her taste. She didn't even know anyone here. Next time she was not taking Hongbin's word for how great or awesome a party scene ever was. A party was not enjoyable when she didn't even know people there. She decided to linger around the snack bar for a while and grab a bite to eat before she left.

She felt someone hug her from the back, halfway into stuffing herself with nachos and her instincts kicked in. She elbowed the person, desperately praying it was not some cheap drunk guy looking for an easy target. Turns out it was just Taekwoon groaning in pain because she got him in his guts. Well that was a relief.

Maybe not so much for Taekwoon.

She shook her head as she massaged the injured are for him. He glared at her and she had the decency to look apologetic. The crowd pushed them closer together, causing her to almost tumble into him. Her lips made contact with the exposed skin of his neck and she heard an audible gasp. She pulled away as fast as possible as he stared at her.

Awkward apologies were exchanged and the two of them stood around not knowing what to say or feel. Hweji excused herself when Haekyeon arrived, demanding to take Taekwoon away. She saw the longing look he gave her as he was pulled away and willed herself not to think more into it. She simply couldn't.

 


And you have broken every promise that we made

Taekwoon sat next to her as she frantically read through her notes. She had two hours to the exam and she could swear she had read everything before but the lack of sleep and caffeine had driven her mind blank. this in turn had triggered a panic situation because this was her favourite subject. She had definitely studied this! She remembered the dates, she remembered the arguments in support and against various interpretations of the prescribed text but right now nothing was going through her head.

A warm embrace helped her reduce the panic to static white noise for a while. Taekwoon assured her that she would be okay. That she would do well. That she knew most of what she had written down and would ace the test. She breathed in and buried her head in his chest. The warm sweater he always wore was hot and the heat comforted her.

What if she didn't do well and failed instead?

Taekwoon assured her that he would love her all the same. She looked up to him and he smiled. She could tell there was no deeper meaning to his words and he just wanted to cheer her up. So she looked away and decided to deal with heartbreak later. For now she had a chance to be close to him and this was one boundary she could break for one time.

 

 

And I have loved you anyway

Surprisingly Wonshik is the one who points out that Taekwoon has been excessively touchy and feely with her. He gives her one arm hugs, and shares food with her. Something he does only with people he is close to, even if he finds them annoying. Hweji isn't sure what to feel about being indirectly compared to Jaehwan so she takes offense and points out that she is not on the same level with him thank you very much.

Besides she can't allow herself to feel this way. It's not like she doesn't know it before Wonshik says it. She catches herself waiting for him at random times in the day. Sometimes by the library where they end up studying. Sometimes at the open air theatre where the music club practices (he is a singer). Sometimes while walking back from tennis practice. She looks forward to the gentle arm across her shoulder. It gives her the energy to go through the day, even if it short circuits her brain for a moment.

He sits down and they wave at each other with a smile. Her heart skips a beat. That traitor. But when he slides a fancy looking chocolate that he saved from Hongin just for her, she can't help but ask herself.

Maybe?

 

 


Based on the lovely song 'Like A Fool' sung by Keira Knightley. Talented actress be talented

*makes heart for Ryukai because I hope she liked this*